Summer 2014 Anime Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
CR cookies are only good for about a week, probably timed off the auto-login and been watching the free versions or something.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zankyou no Terror ending was fucking awesome. 2nd favorite anime this season behind Barakamon - the music was great (obviously, since Yoko Kanno was the composer).

Best song from the OST:

Zankyou no Terror - is (feat. POP ETC) lyrics - YouTube
Agree, the anime was superb from all point of view imho, not only story, but animation, graphic, style, colours and music. If where to find a negative point is that it was too short for the nature of the story imho, they could have made it a 24 ep, exploring maybe a little more of relation beetwen the experimental kids back at the research facility and so on.

Fadaar

That guy
Zankyou no Terror ending was fucking awesome. 2nd favorite anime this season behind Barakamon - the music was great (obviously, since Yoko Kanno was the composer).

Best song from the OST:

Zankyou no Terror - is (feat. POP ETC) lyrics - YouTube
One of the few times my guess about the ending was right, even if it was incredibly easy to guess.

As soon as I saw the nuke on a balloon in episode 10, first thought that popped in to my head was high altitude detonation with the EMP knocking out the whole county. Glad I was right!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Mahouka - good ending now that we finally get to see the real power of Tatsuya. I have a feeling based on what I've read and Miya's interest in Tatsuya, the Yatsuba's are scared shitless of the potential and overall power of Tatsuya, hence why they try to keep in under control by using his sister and making him feel as an outsider. His ability is near limitless to the point he could use the basic foundation of the earth (the ability to turn any matter into energy; in this episode, a droplet of water into a warhead) and wipe out whole continents on a whim.

I am however doubtful we'll see any continuation of this anime anytime soon though which sucks.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty awesome ending on Mahouka, and[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- i just hope theyve gotten all the emo out they could so that never again shall it grace my sacred SAO!

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mahouka - good ending now that we finally get to see the real power of Tatsuya. I have a feeling based on what I've read and Miya's interest in Tatsuya, the Yatsuba's are scared shitless of the potential and overall power of Tatsuya, hence why they try to keep in under control by using his sister and making him feel as an outsider. His ability is near limitless to the point he could use the basic foundation of the earth (the ability to turn any matter into energy; in this episode, a droplet of water into a warhead) and wipe out whole continents on a whim.

I am however doubtful we'll see any continuation of this anime anytime soon though which sucks.
I wouldnt say yotsuba are scared shitless. Keep in mind that he is the son of the current leader's sister. The relation are complicated but yotsuba aint really evil at all, nor tatsuya is coerced in anything. The way it is, is explained quite in depth in the lightnovel, but its not like they using miyuki to control him. He is doing by his free will.
Plus there every countries has a couple of tactical wiz, In the novels, tatsuya isnt even the official japanese one, and all of those have amazing powers. But the families are more powerful in a way than a single entity (in japan at least). Even the army, that ''own'' those wiz have to be careful around the ten families, especcialy the yotsuba (read the novels if you wanna know why).

They got tons of mats if they want to keep up with the story, and the way they concluded it, i think there is the possibility for a second season

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yep, after the last light novel released a few months ago they have enough for about 18 episodes and a special episode or two at the current pace. I hope they don't try to stretch it out like sword art (season two I believe is only 2 light novels while season one was 4). If they release a new anime in the spring they should be fine because by then another light novel will be out .

Edit: NVM another light novel got released and september (also actually multiply the light novels by two because most of these had part one and part two) so they have enough for another full season now. I hope the ratings justify it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Question about Hunter x Hunter. I downloaded all 148 episodes on Friday and I've been watching it ever since.

Gon is 12 years old. Ging became a hunter when he was also 12 years old, but then left the house. So did Ging have Gon while he was 12 years old?
Just trying to make sure I understand things correctly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he had gon at 20 since he dropped him off at the island when he was 22(ging) and gon was already 2(not a baby)

and some law battle, aunt got gon or something, blah blah.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
God damn it I just rewatched the ending after those last two posts and grew ovaries all over again.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got done watching HxH #35. The 1st solid hit against Hisoka was fucking awesome. Gon's the shit. I'm not reading spoilers... I just really liked that episode. I smiled a lot when he flipped the arena tile thing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to say that Zankyou no Terror ended up being my favorite anime of the Summer season, just a very good show.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just saw episode 47 of HxH. It was really awesome. Kurapika is a fucking boss. I watched him punk the badass solo Phantom Troupe guy something fierce. That was sweet.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
HxH is very well done, even as an adult I find the light comedy actually funny, I'm at the greed island arc and the character interactions are awesome. Leorio, poor guy gets the shaft every time, but killua and gon interactions are hilarious.
I really hope this series doesn't break my heart.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
HxH is very well done, even as an adult I find the light comedy actually funny, I'm at the greed island arc and the character interactions are awesome. Leorio, poor guy gets the shaft every time, but killua and gon interactions are hilarious.
I really hope this series doesn't break my heart.