Summer 2014 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
Not wanting to start a debate but I think I liked LH better because it felt more like a real game and the mechanics seemed to be somewhat grounded and consistent with an actual MMO. That and all the side characters were likeable instead of cannon fodder like in SAO (the first half at least).

Moving on! If anyone never watched Sidonia and has Netflix, go watch it. It's got an English audio track now in additional to the normal subbed Japanese.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was just baiting
tongue.png

Fadaar

That guy
Also seeing how this is... well, THIS, forum... am I the only one who thinks a lot of the actual gameplay stuff from Log Horizon was borrowed from EQ? I know a lot of it seems generic, but I just couldn't shake the feeling. Friend of mine who had never played any MMO's made a crack about it being like WoW, but there's nothing in LH that reminds me of WoW at all.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it's definitely reminiscent of EQ - it even is a 15 year old MMO at the time of the story just like EQ is.

The novel writer probably played EQ back in the day.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm current on akame ga kill (haven't watch anime yet) but i can say, it's entertaining (they're up to issue 50)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Baiting or not LH is just a better show. They are building it up to be an epic rather than just a short linear season specific storyline which is essentially what SAO is. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SAO as a light novel was written with more MMO and gaming concepts that were expanded on narratively. But in an anime they can gloss over the technical aspects and throw up beautiful visuals without further explanation which appeals to non-gamers.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SAO as a light novel was written with more MMO and gaming concepts that were expanded on narratively. But in an anime they can gloss over the technical aspects and throw up beautiful visuals without further explanation which appeals to non-gamers.
I don't think most gamers want things they see as common explained.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Not new this season, but seriously can't get enough of Haikyuu!!

So glad they have a solid animation company working on it, makes such a big difference.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok, so just got a torrent of Akame ga Kill. That was awesome. Wrapped up the 'separated by bandits' meme in 1 episode, too. Too bad about Sayo, she was hot.

Buffylol

N00b
I was sad he didn't drag the bitch into her own dungeon and make the team come back the next morning xD. Oh well, she got some of what she deserved. I am actually gonna dl all of the LN's for Akame Ga Kill, I have heard they are incredible.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We already know that Aldnoah, Akame ga Kill, Argevollen, and SAO are two season shows so hopefully Argevollen can get better and Tokyo Ghoul gets a two cour run cause all of that just adds to more Chaika, Log Horizon, Mushishi, a new Fate/Stay, and Psycho Pass in Fall.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Netflix, July 4th, all 12 episodes. Aired in Japan in April but figured I'd put it here incase nobody saw it or didn't know about it like myself.

This solidly held my interests. I binged-watched it. I want more episodes.