Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
Ikkun needs to take over the army already, as all the superior officers seems totally retarded.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The crazy priest and his core of torture crew are suddenly unstoppable eagle-men. ...neat?

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ikkun needs to take over the army already, as all the superior officers seems totally retarded.
That's every single anime with an army. The leaders are always incompetent assholes, blinded by their pride and never allowing "lesser soldiers" (lower rank) be correct about anything.

That ideology is becoming tired, but I still enjoy the show. I think it would be a lot better if they made it so that the leader was clever, but Ikkun was even smarter, so he could always win where as the leader was like 75%. Or he would strategize a plan that has the leader baffled.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, its kind of cheesy when all the high ranking officials are complete idiots. Ikta's supposed to be smart, but its kind of overkill in this environment. Even the supporting characters are smarter than the leaders.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wang Qi death in Kingdom S1 still brings out the feels, cant wait for S3 :/

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Do you remember The Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Kokki)? I loved that show, and it didn't dumb down the leadership of every military person.

There was too much extra shit in the show, but it was great. I really wish it didn't stop after 40 some episodes.

Juuni.Kokuki.full.1034122.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Juuni Kokki is definitely one of the best anime ever. There were a few stories left, but the director died or something :(
Anyway, anyone who's not watched it, should !

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ikta works for morons, for true, but fuck me if I didn't get verklempt for friend A again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well animation aside, the last three or four episodes of Berserk have been pretty good!

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I enjoyed Shokugeki. That chick's mom is really strange, though. But the how they pretty much close the book on Soma, only to have him unveil something and credits. It's expected, but I enjoyed it none the less. But realistically, it could have also been a great chance for him to fail HARD, only to have to work that much harder in the future.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you remember The Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Kokki)? I loved that show, and it didn't dumb down the leadership of every military person.

There was too much extra shit in the show, but it was great. I really wish it didn't stop after 40 some episodes.

View attachment 4798
No it ended just fine, it would have been more stupid eps 40 to 45 shit, which was about the black haired kid. Further volumes stopped talking about Youko and focused on the western kingdoms, and by most accounts, eh

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The last episode was a recap. That's not typically "fine" in any sense of the word.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a feeling that keeping the Gospel is going to end badly for Subaru, or at least make the wrong people make bad assumptions.

• 1Solidarity

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
While we're at it, if you've run out of stuff to watch and haven't seen them yet, you can try Seikai No Senki and if you really have a lot of time on your hands Legend Of Galactic Heroes, they are scifi "ascend to the throne" kind of anime. They are a bit old, but I remember watching the whole LoGH a few years ago in a couple of weeks... Very addictive.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It did seem like it was going a little too easy for Subaru and the Knights. I'm not sure what that flower peddle was, and why he was suddenly all alone in the darkness either.

It almost appeared as though Puck was waking up to his giant status, but I don't think that's it either. Hmm...

• 1Solidarity

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm curious if Soma is going to fail the competition because Dojima announced the judging before he could complete his dish.

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole

View attachment 4798

One of two recommendations from Searyxx (probably misspelled, but that was the kid) that was really good. The other was Honey & Clover, for totally different reasons. Guy was into some hardcore Sailor Moon esque shit, and I just don't have time for that. But those two were solid.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was an "old school" anime nerd. Got out of it for a while, but got back into it 2-3 years ago. Was watching Juuni Kokki as it came out every week.

• 1Solidarity