Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Holy fucking tity christ that episode of Re:Zero was amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah solid episode of Zero.

Looks like Tales of Zestiria is doing the tie in for the new game coming out, Velvet's story is 200ish years in the past from what I am reading.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Zero finally living up to what it should be. Episode was great and next one probably better.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watch the entire army get wiped out somehow with only Subaru surviving. So he freaks out again.

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
One of my close friends got me onto Re:Zero. I haven't felt like this since the first time I watched both versions of FMA. One of the few shows out there that can pull at my emotions the way it does.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
One of my close friends got me onto Re:Zero. I haven't felt like this since the first time I watched both versions of FMA. One of the few shows out there that can pull at my emotions the way it does.

If by emotions you mean anger and disgust at Subaru then yeah, consider my emotions lit.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone have any suggestions for anime that is either cyberpunk (no mech's and shit please) or something like Lain? Fucking Searyx got me hooked on Lain back on FoH and I loved it.

Sorry, meant to respond earlier to this but forgot. Here's some help.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - this is the anime series that was mentioned earlier. Solid State Society is a movie. Definitely recommended for cyberpunk factor.
Psycho Pass - very good, pretty twisted. Definitely recommended.
Ergo Proxy - good anime, has a lot of it in the beginning, although not throughout the series.

Those are the ones I can outright recommend, but you can check out this list on reddit for more offerings:

anime - Cyberpunk

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Rem still best girl. Good episode. White whale bout to fuck shit up.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Psycho Pass is some trippy goodness.
Nanatsu is awesome
Ajin is great and imo better than AoT
Parasyte is the best anime since FMA:BH imo and the entire series was just mind blowing great.
Magi and Sinbad are good things you can catch on netflix

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I dunno where the fuck I have been all those years but I just started watching Gintama. What the fuck is going on and why is this so godamn funny?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Tales of Zest still not disappointing. The animations are still really, really good.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm enjoying Mob Psycho 100 this season. The art style is off a bit, but the story and humor is pretty good. Now it seems the psychic combat is ramping up.

8lNOl3l.jpg

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
haha yeah

This is the same guy who wrote for OPM, so the humor is pretty original.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
NPR talked about Manga this morning for food and how popular it is in Japan. The most popular being Shokugeki no Soma. They even talked about Yakitate!! Japan. ;o

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm enjoying Mob Psycho 100 this season. The art style is off a bit, but the story and humor is pretty good. Now it seems the psychic combat is ramping up.

8lNOl3l.jpg

Yeah man im digging this shit so hardcore lol

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dunno where the fuck I have been all those years but I just started watching Gintama. What the fuck is going on and why is this so godamn funny?

Welcome to the club, bud. I've watched a lot of shit but Gintama will always be my #1 go to favorite anime. That show gets me on a spiritual level.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Gintama quickly becoming my number 1 fav anime and I'm only 20 episodes in. That shit is just too fucking funny.

I guess now I have to watch Gintama after avoiding it for so long. I didn't understand where it was going when I watched the first episode a long time ago.

As for current Anime...
1. Re Zero
2. Mob Psycho
3. Akderamin on the Sky
4. Shokugeki no Soma (finding it a bit repeating but still delivers!)
5. 91 Days
Berserk and Taboo Tattoo tied in for last place

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gintama quickly becoming my number 1 fav anime and I'm only 20 episodes in. That shit is just too fucking funny.

I tried numerous times but i just couldnt find it funny - I guess the slapstick style of animated comedy just doesnt do i for me - I did like the few fight scenes theyd have when the tone got a bit more serious but outside of that i just couldnt like it at all.

• 1Like