Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did you watch Hai to Gensou no Grimgar? It's of the style of "stuck in a game" without ever actually touching on it. Just some strange flashbacks, but it's a pretty good story. I like it a lot. It's very similar to watching a guild for how to be a newbie playing MMO's. But it's good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I enjoyed the beginning and concept of sword art online- and there was one other but I did not really attach to it. I did watch the movie that was somewhat like that.. had Cowboybebop spike as the lead male VA- forgot what it was called... angel mecha kinda looking chicks.. rouge AI in the utopia of online humans in space- they go down to earth for whatever.. was good... so I will have to give this one a look is it completed? how long is it?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's relatively short. 12 episodes long. It does leave room for a 2nd season at some point, but the story does at least finish telling that particular story arc. I enjoyed it, plus the animation is very unique. It's much softer than you would expect for this type of show. Maybe it's the lack of a lot of bright colors, but it works.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Okay anime lovers - again I ask for recommendations.

Does not have to be new - but seeking a movie or movie series - or short episodic series such as max 2 seasons... I hate things that go on for 35 seasons and 5906 episodes and 234 specials etc. etc.

I like high fantasy, I also tend to like post apocalyptic stuff - harems are quite boring esp if they are 100% teases or just tits.. its a silly self censored ploy... and of course... if they rag on for seasons upon seasons gah.

I got my IPT account back up so ready for some decent animes to watch.

Do yourself a favor and watch Danmachi and the spinoff they just ran this season. Also Re: Zero is so good. Rem is best girl. Best best best girl. If you missed Gate go watch that too.

Been a lot of top notch fantasy series the past couple years.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Thanks all!

...I know its bad...but I hate subs... I have a dyslexia type condition where I have to read slowly, if I read fast thing blend together... so dubs are my best bet :)

I'll have to look into all these suggestions! Thanks again :)

• 1Like

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks all!

...I know its bad...but I hate subs... I have a dyslexia type condition where I have to read slowly, if I read fast thing blend together... so dubs are my best bet :)

I'll have to look into all these suggestions! Thanks again :)
Desert Punk, Tri-Gun?

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i';ve read the book about the kid with the cellphone -isekai smartphone whatever...

it was good- first 2 books are on amazon for ~7 bucks each, 3rd coming soon, with the anime coming out, it should books his books sales in the US.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Re:Creators was a totally meta recap episode making fun of recap episodes this week. haha

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode of Touken Ranbu wasn't bad, nice animation as expected. Wasn't there another series based on the same characters, about Swords given personalities and sent back to fight that Retrograde Army?

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
First episode of Touken Ranbu was decent to good. Not expecting much story wise but it's ufotable so its going to have clean as fuck battles and good cgi mixed in. Still hate the fact that its based on a game. Come on japan there are so many mangas and amazing manwhas you can base shows off of (Tower of God I am looking at you). Will wait till the rest of the season is out there till I pass judgement on summer.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If i had the funds id fully fund a ToG series just so i could watch it animated.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Okay anime lovers - again I ask for recommendations.

Does not have to be new - but seeking a movie or movie series - or short episodic series such as max 2 seasons... I hate things that go on for 35 seasons and 5906 episodes and 234 specials etc. etc.

I like high fantasy, I also tend to like post apocalyptic stuff - harems are quite boring esp if they are 100% teases or just tits.. its a silly self censored ploy... and of course... if they rag on for seasons upon seasons gah.

I got my IPT account back up so ready for some decent animes to watch.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Fate/Apocrypha sounds good at least.
A 7vs7 Holy Grail War has the potential to be massive.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fate/Apocrypha was meh, i dunno I just think that I am done with the whole fate franchise. Not sure how many ways one can spin the holy grail plot and make it still seem fresh. Also ufotable kinda set the bar pretty high last time.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The first episode of Touken Ranbu was pretty, but otherwise meh. Will give it more time because Ufotable. Fate was the only other new show this season that was on my radar, otherwise it's just Re:Creators and Hero Academy for me this season.

Hopefully there will be a surprisingly good show or two, but I'm not terribly hopeful. Maybe this will just be a season to watch an old series or two that I've missed.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Fate seemed decent, but it's a significant downgrade in animation without Ufotable. I'll give it a fair shot, but I'm not terribly hopeful. That blonde kid (I don't think they named him) already annoys me and I just know he's going to be a significant character.

My biggest problem with it was that it just made me want to watch Fate Zero again.

• 1Like