Summer 2017 Anime Thread

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I just read about the new Fate, 7 on 7 black versus red combat? Take my money.

Can't wait to check it out thanks for the links guys!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thought the new Fate, as well as Knights and Magic were both pretty good. Looking forward to more.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Gave Knights and Magic a try and it was pretty decent. Will keep watching it for now.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Aho Girl is... strange. She's this whorish girl that is cute to others and is interested in some guy that feeds her bananas (yeah... it's not exactly hiding the intent). He drops one at his feet and she kneels down to devour it. She's facing his body, and you don't see her head. Just a lot of movement and eating sounds. Then when she's done, she has pieces of banana on her face. Yup. It's a 10 minute show, some of you might like it. Did nothing for me, so I won't watch any more.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Made In Abyss looks nice and seems interesting despite the char design.

New OP for Bahamut sucks.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the art style of Made in Abyss, reminds me a bit of Grimgar. Hopefully the story is good as well.

• 1Like

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Just watched Made in the Abyss and I also really liked it, actually felt like someone gave a damn when they made it. Anyone else getting a Madoka Magica vibe from it? Anyways looks like the only show so far I will care to watch this season.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched Made in the Abyss on everyone's suggestion and it was very good. Then I watched Ballroom e Youkoso, which was also surprisingly good. I don't even give a shit about ballroom dancing (or dancing in general), but the show entertained me. I'll definitely watch #2.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Made in the Abyss had a great first episode, enjoyed the world building without telling you much.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Liked Made in the Abyss as well, I just hope it won't be one of those 1 season anime in which you just get a glimpse of the world... Grimgar was nice but if there aren't any sequel, it's a bit underwhelming.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The world building from Made in the Abyss was very reminiscent of Tales of Zestiria. The art style was similar to Grimgar. Pretty good show all around. We'll see where it goes.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's Boku no Hero Academia was pretty good. I like that Almight's teacher is actually giving Deku a better understanding of his powers, instead of just being a special ability. This guy seems like more of a teacher, where as Almight was just a natural user that doesn't know how to teach properly. I mean, Almight's "normal body" is this super weak nothing, yet he bulks up heavily to become Almight when he activates the power. So why couldn't Deku do the same, rather than try and bulk up his normal body? I guess they still didn't explain that, but it's always been my biggest complaint with the show.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So why couldn't Deku do the same, rather than try and bulk up his normal body?
Well, I think that's where this season is going to be heading. Deku realizing that one for all should be turned on all the time throughout his whole body.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Second episode of the new Fate was good.

I'm liking Mordred as Saber.

Jeanne d'Arc as the neutral Ruler class servant could be interesting too.

Edit : Princess Principal was also very good. I recommend it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where are you all watching the new Fate? Crunchy doesn't have it, and that 9 Anime doesn't seem to have it either.

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'll second Princess Principal, steampunk London with spies is an interesting setting and it got dark pretty fast.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Liked Fate/Apoc, but it is a step down from ufotable quality, nice cast of characters though, but is Mordred a tranny?

Edit: Princess Principle was really good, maybe it will be the Sage of Tanya the Evil this season!

Last edited:
  • 1Like