Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There was a single "special" episode. It revolves around the guys in the group using a hot spring (indoors). Then they leave and the girls use it, so the guys spend the entire episode thinking about how they can sneak a peak of the girls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

oh typical anime :) lol - I guess there is no 2nd season yet! Lol was searching on ipt just assuming there was a 2nd.

Guess I will try gate?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Gate was fun also. At least the first half was. Then it became a lot more serious. But the show by and large was good.

The current "good" show that's similar to Gate is Re: Creators. It's like stuck in a game, but the game/anime characters are stuck on Earth instead.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Cool I will check it out. I really am not pining for stuck in game- but I more or less like high fantasy- and the stuck in game genera is mostly how any new ones are- maybe that is why I liked Grimgar because the stuck in game aspect was like 2% the story.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
last 3 eps of re:creators is like total junk, honestly who gives a shit about the "gods".

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Knights and Magic is super fun and also the only show ive had time to watch so far this season.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Best anime of the season so far is Made in Abyss

Not counting Re:Creators and My Hero Academia of course. If you aren't watching My Hero Academia Xexx Xexx and Siliconemelons Siliconemelons you are doing anime wrong.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you like Knight's & Magic (which is excellent), you would also like the Smartphone show as well. Both are very good. Neither of them are "stuck in a game". They're more like Kono Suba, where the main character dies and is brought back to life in a new reality where their memories from the past life help them advance way ahead of everyone else.

I'm happy with those 2 shows from this season the most. But I still enjoy all of the ones on my latest list.

Click the arrow up above this.
If there's an episode on this list that I enjoy the least, it's Boruto. Followed by Koi to Uso.

I'm surprised that I like Isekai Shokudou. It's a show about cooking, but not at all about cooking. Just people from other worlds coming to this American restaurant in Japan (through a magic doorway that teleports them there), and enjoying the food the chef makes. It's really a dumb idea, but the show itself keeps my interest.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Best anime of the season so far is Made in Abyss

Not counting Re:Creators and My Hero Academia of course. If you aren't watching My Hero Academia Xexx Xexx and Siliconemelons Siliconemelons you are doing anime wrong.
Made in the Abyss is definitely the best show this season. How many EP will it be btw ? Can't seem to find the info

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, out of the new anime, for me Made in Abyss and Princess Principle are tied for best, with K&M / Smartphone in second.

• 1Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I watched a bit of Made in the Abyss out of curiosity. It is in interesting premise but no, I draw a line at watching an anime with kinder garden aged kids exploring.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Boku No Hero Academia is moving incredibly fast now. The Hero Killer fight took months in the comics, and they resolved it in under 2 episodes.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The new Smartphone episode was a good one. Both this show and Knight's & Magic are reminiscent of "Overlord" in that the main characters seem to be the strongest in their universe. This Smartphone kid has unrivaled magic. On his first attempt at summoning anything, he summoned the hardest type of creature (white tiger) and also summoned the highest tier white tiger. Then the white tiger, once tamed, turned itself into a baby cat for the harem of women to swoon over its cuteness. I'm enjoying both of these new shows.

Also, Ballroom continues to be entertaining (which is strange. The actual dancing is mostly still footage, but I like it anyway). And Quiz Show is totally tits. Not because there's a girl, but because I like the series.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Apparently more Konosuba coming in likely 2018.

So happy!

• 1Solidarity

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I thought they cancelled the anime?

You were right, that was what happened. Something must've changed their minds?
Apparently there's a Konosuba radio show(who knew?) and it was announced. Something must've changed their minds. Dunno if it's a whole new season or what though. (Thank God for google translate)
{{$root.metatags.ogp.title}}
【速報】『この素晴らしい世界に祝福を!』新アニメ企画始動!!!! : オレ的ゲーム速報@刃

Also there's an OVA that was just released for season 2, can find it on youtube etc.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You were right, that was what happened. Something must've changed their minds?
Kadokawa (who own the source material) usually does not do a season 3 as they do the animes to promote the sales of the (light novel) source material. Hence most people anticipate the next KonoSuba anime project to be the spinoff series "Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o!", which is a prequel to KonoSuba starring Megumin in her school days.

• 1Like