Summer 2020 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
GOH was fine. Ya it's rushed, but fuck it. Feels like we're in 'gantz' type of situation where we only know a small fraction of the entire scope of wtf is going on.

Fruits basket remains my favorite show this season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I watched the first like 5 eps of GOHS and haven't watched since. Think I'll probably shelve it for now.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yup. Glad I stuck through absolutely hating Subaru early on in the show.

I keep watching the show just because it’s different and unexpected, but I still hate the main character.

When does One Punch Man season 3 happen? Also I still enjoy One Piece but goddam do I wish they just release it once a month and cover more chapters, the Anime is painfully slow.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, a few completed shows.

Series finale of Shokugeki no Soma was satisfying. It wasn't "WOW!", but I did like it none the less.

Rent-a-Girlfriend was another quality finale. I enjoy that show a lot. And as it closed, it said something about Enjoy Diamond. I don't know what that is. Oh well, good show.

Demon King - Was unfulfilling. I enjoyed the OPness that was this show, but the end was surprisingly weak. Those two sisters pulling a Sailor Moon was dumb as well. Oh well. If you haven't watched episode 13 yet, don't. Let episode 12 be the end of it and be content.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Series finale of Shokugeki no Soma was satisfying. It wasn't "WOW!", but I did like it none the less.

I just picked this back up and hit episode 6 where we get introduced to some of the nior characters. I can't even hate watch this shit anymore. Really disappointing considering how much I used to enjoy this show.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just picked this back up and hit episode 6 where we get introduced to some of the nior characters. I can't even hate watch this shit anymore. Really disappointing considering how much I used to enjoy this show.

Ya. I haven't even bothered with this season myself.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Shokugeki no Souma followed the story to the end. All's well that ends well. A hentai artist got to mix some MasterChef in with his usual schtick and it was a lot of fun until it wasn't, then they wrapped it up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just binged Golden Kamuy - Surprised i never saw this before but fuck i cant wait till the next season - This is some great story telling

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Surprised i never saw this before
Most people were put off by bad CGI (the fire and the bear) at the beginning of season 1. The manga though is this real hype mix between good storytelling, great characters, high stakes, battles, and weird humor on some real cultural divide backdrop.

Also: fucking bears.
bears.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Golden Kamuy is on my list to have a look at as there's not much that caught my eye for the fall.

Finished SAO. Very good looking with A-1 getting close to Ufotable territory. Everything else was meh at best. The first season of this arc was pretty promising, but this one started off just ok and went slowly downhill until Kirito woke up. Then it went to shit. Oh well.

SAO progressive is getting an anime, which is the original arc with the time skips filled out. It's supposed to be good, but I won't get my hopes up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Most people were put off by bad CGI (the fire and the bear) at the beginning of season 1. The manga though is this real hype mix between good storytelling, great characters, high stakes, battles, and weird humor on some real cultural divide backdrop.

Also: fucking bears.

Haha what the fuck is going on in this photo - lol -

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
God of high school did so much right. What in the living fuck was up with that song during the final battle.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
God of high school did so much right. What in the living fuck was up with that song during the final battle.

I came to post that there must be a TON of story missing. This shit was all over the place.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

God of High School is pretty damn enjoyable to watch. I felt it was a little too fast pace and probably missing a lot but it was still fun to watch. At first I was turned off by the power creep and all the introduction of all the crazy shit but even so there were just some scenes that are fucking amazing to watch.

This fight and clip was enough to sell me on watching this show to whatever conclusion it wants to go to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
God of High School is pretty damn enjoyable to watch. I felt it was a little too fast pace and probably missing a lot but it was still fun to watch. At first I was turned off by the power creep and all the introduction of all the crazy shit but even so there were just some scenes that are fucking amazing to watch.

This fight and clip was enough to sell me on watching this show to whatever conclusion it wants to go to.

That really was the climax of the show. Probably the best fight scene I've seen in an anime. Maybe not on a technical level of how hard it was to animate or how badass it looked. But the sheer satisfaction factor for what it meant in the terms of the show was amazing.

I'd recommend anyone who plans on watching don't spoil it with that fight (which has a few clear distortions). Show got weaker toward the end, but I enjoyed it all the way through. Definitely a high recommend and one of the best animes overall I've seen in a while.