Summer 2020 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fadaar

That guy
long as you masturbate using a vagina as your fleshlight it's ok

but yeah, seen plenty of dickless MC's in shows but that guy is pushing my ability to tolerate a show I otherwise like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Things I learned from anime today:
  1. Centaur girls got their beautiful posture by using elaborate centaur gimp suits and bondage. These are also used for punishment.
  2. If you marry a centaur girl you get her slaves too. So prepare for centaur girl 4 ways.
  3. Do you want to do the dirty with the snake girl or the centaur?

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Things I learned from anime today:
  1. Centaur girls got their beautiful posture by using elaborate centaur gimp suits and bondage. These are also used for punishment.
  2. If you marry a centaur girl you get her slaves too. So prepare for centaur girl 4 ways.
  3. Do you want to do the dirty with the snake girl or the centaur?

Clearly the horse chicks...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have no specific reason for not enjoying God of High School. I watch it and it exists. But all I can gather is it just doesn't flow well. There are story elements going on and fighting but it seems like a jumbled mess without being presented in a thought out manner. Seems like it should be good and there is meat on the bones, but being wasted.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think God of High School is just trying to cram like 100 chapters of source material into a 13 episode anime and it's showing. Episode 6 did at least try and explain some stuff.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
God of High School seems to aim mostly for the battle shounen + sakuga demographic. But the problem with any story involving conflict: It's not so interesting if there is either nothing at stake, or there are no believable motivations involved.

It's just like the meme: "When you are listening to the villains speech and they are lowkey making sense."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Next show I watched was Kanojo, Okarishimasu (rent a girlfriend). It's off to an incredible start. It's going to be a home run series. Without watching almost any of what this season has to offer, this might very well be #1 for new series. Glorious stuff.
Bumping my old post because I've been sticking with Rent-a-Girlfriend, and even though I know it's a dumpster fire, I'm still enjoying it. If any of you are in the same boat and want to see where the show progresses, here's a torrent link to the English manga. They're currently on Volume 16, which has up to chapter 139 (I haven't read any of them, just opened the last on), but it looks like they're releasing new volumes pretty consistently.

EDIT: Looks like I forgot to attach the link. Here you go.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Peter Grill is 100% dumpster fire, but it's also hilarious in its own way. Monster Doctor seems to be interesting, but also perverted trash.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
SAO is on some DBZ shit. They stretched a season out of waking this fucker up!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
God of High School seems to aim mostly for the battle shounen + sakuga demographic. But the problem with any story involving conflict: It's not so interesting if there is either nothing at stake, or there are no believable motivations involved.

It's just like the meme: "When you are listening to the villains speech and they are lowkey making sense."

Japanese backstory is what makes anime trash most of the time. I hate their terrible need for excessive exposition. I'm 100% okay just having them fight to the death and ultimate power being the only things at sake. I way prefer a story that develops through showing interactions, and the typical anime alternative of jumping into a backstory to explain why these two chars are attached in some way usually feels just so tiring.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Was God of High School censored this episode? It kept beeping out the curse words, lol.