Summer 2020 Anime Thread

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Was God of High School censored this episode? It kept beeping out the curse words, lol.

Looks like it was intentional for effect regarding that character that was being censored being "excessively" foul-mouthed.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Another pretty good site for anime. I try to have a few I know about all the time, cause nothing worse than having a binge watch interrupted.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
ReZero another great episode. I like that we got some more stuff out of Beatrice. Then got Subaru got sidelined for about 1/4 of the episode. After credit scene is gonna definitely set the tone for next week.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

probably one of the best Rem cosplays

i don't have much to add since i'm "stockpiling" episodes to binge watch

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was very surprised to see Persona 5 The Animation was thrown up on Funimation. It's really close to the game itself. The Persona 4 one stuck pretty close to the game too. I'm only four episodes in, and it's very enjoyable.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm still enjoying the hell out of God of High School. And also Rent-a-Girlfriend. It's predictable, but I still like it.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit God of High School was pretty orgasmic.

It definitely delivered. I do like the pacing of the show, which is usually the biggest detriment in anime for me. Pretty much everything on screen has a purpose.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They're still cutting out tons of story for the action. But, the side-by-side was sweet and better than the webtoon.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They're still cutting out tons of story for the action. But, the side-by-side was sweet and better than the webtoon.

You come from the perspective of someone who reads the webtoons and animus and what not, I come from the perspective of not even knowing there was a webtoon or comic or whatever. Interesting that we can both agree that we like the show. Usually these sort of things of changing the presentation polarize the audience one way or the other.

Side by Side was definitely a pretty awesome payoff.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Next week is the Series Finale of Shokugeki no Soma. I've really enjoyed this series, even if the last few seasons have felt rushed. Still a damn good show. And to think, it all started off with some Hentai artist and food.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So did episode 12 of GoHS just say fuck it, time to become a JoJo meme?

Dead kid's dad becomes Speedwagon, turns a bunch of nuclear missiles into a Mount Rushmore dildo and summons a meteor to ram it up evil Buddha's ass.

I don't really know what is going on anymore since I got bored with it halfway through the season and am not paying a lot of attention to it anymore. That was different though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That episode was very confusing. It doesn't really fit to the previous episodes. Just full-blown super power shit.

Malkav

French Madman
I really liked Decadence in the end. Satisfying end for a 12 episode show that didn't lose itself in useless shit on the way there.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I really liked Decadence in the end. Satisfying end for a 12 episode show that didn't lose itself in useless shit on the way there.

Just finished that one today. Not spectacular, but I was thoroughly entertained and it had a sold ending. My #2 show after Re:Zero this season.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
GoH just shit the bed that last episode. Felt like three different shows crammed together. May just skip the Noblesse adapation if this is going to be the quality of the Crunchyroll original stuff(wasn't impressed with ToG either and I've read a good chunk of that).