Summer 2020 Anime Thread

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"I tried asking in Dogeza" is getting an adaptation. I think Ishuzoku Reviewers really broke the lid on all the lewd to borderline hentai stuff getting greenlit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a really strange episode of God of High School. I'm fairly neutral about it, but leaning more negative than positive. That said, I didn't get the "Oh Damn!" feeling that the first 3 gave me. It just existed, and the first 1/2 felt like a dream sequence. Like.. dude asks her, but then she's going through her memories about what she used to talk about with her sister. But... maybe it was current day, and it was just a scene fast forward as opposed to memories.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying TGoHS except for everyone having Tumblr nose. WTF?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hadn't heard the term Tumblr nose before. Every time I see her, I think she's an alcoholic.

IQvkFdw.jpg

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is an excellent season for legitimately funny absolute trash. Uzaki-Chan, Pete Grill and now this!

Monster Girl Doctor is lol. I lost it when his Tsundere Nurse mega crush is a medusa.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
"I tried asking in Dogeza" is getting an adaptation. I think Ishuzoku Reviewers really broke the lid on all the lewd to borderline hentai stuff getting greenlit.

Uh? From what I can tell this manga is nothing but random anime girls showing titties in 10 or so comic frames and onto the next?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So far for me this season very underwhelming. Enjoying Re: Zero and SAO is pretty good. Dropped Misfit and I'm getting close to dropping GoHS. Hate watching Shokugeki no Soma at this point just to see it through. Tried Rental Girlfriend but the MC is way too cringey for me to tolerate.

Just remembered that No Guns Life is back so I'll grab that. Deca-Dence looks like it could be interesting. Any hidden gems out there?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Any hidden gems out there?
If you are not watching Oregairo or Fire Force there isn't much left. Whenever a season is underwhelming I catch up on classics or anything in the PTW list. Goblin Slayer movie dropped if that is your thing.

Fadaar

That guy
god fucking dammit i cant unsee this tumblr nose shit in GOHS now

also did they really make a hollywood pedophilia joke in ep 4? lololol

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If you are not watching Oregairo or Fire Force there isn't much left. Whenever a season is underwhelming I catch up on classics or anything in the PTW list. Goblin Slayer movie dropped if that is your thing.

Yeah, I think this is going to be another backlog season for me. Last season was Gundam Unicorn, which lead to me rewatching Iron blooded Orphans. Might do the Psycho-Pass movies and season 3. Already have season 3, I just kept putting it off until I watched the movies.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Monster Girl genre is such trash. I don't know why I find it so funny.

Malkav

French Madman
Uzaki-chan is just pushing all the right buttons for me.
Anime manic pixie dreamgirl? Come on!

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
BNA is a netflix furry trash anime, so I guess I'm obligated to give a review.

Most of the characters are irredeemably retarded, and their view of things jumps along illogically. The trash wolf char is probably the most reasonable of them, mostly cause he doesn't speak much. It follows typical western modern story telling. Story progression happens without cause and effect seeming to matter much and everything being convenient rather than following logic. (Similar to season 8 of game of thrones).

3/10.

Last edited:
  • 1Like