Summer 2020 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
SAO is milking the fuck out of Kirito's wake up call. At this point the cliffhangers are just yawn.

Fadaar

That guy
much like Shokugeki I'm just watching to see it through to the end at this point

it's like GoT in that you just have to enjoy the trashy ride except unlike GoT SAO was never good (argument can be made for the first half of the first season but whatever)

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I gave Deca-Dence a try. Ep 1 had me at the mobile fortress punching a giant monster. The twist in ep 2 is something different. This could be great or a complete trainwreck.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've watched all of the Monster Doctor... I no longer care about this show, and won't continue to watch it.

Same with that annoying girl something-chan. Bye to her. I still watch Rent a Girlfriend, though.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lots of anime starts out good and then lose their mojo as they forget what they're about and become very 'anime'. The classics that stand out are mostly because they break this mold.

Goblin slayer was decent, but there was definitely more 'anime' as the story went on. Watched God of highschool and hot damn is it great so far. We'll see if it turns anime, but this last episode was a big sign that it might not.

An anime from a few years ago that I thought was pretty different from the standard and very enjoyable was Inuyashiki. Definitely a must watch in my opinion. Takes the time to break all your heart strings even worse than studio ghibli.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone doing black clover? i heard this season is doing filler since they're caught up w/ the manga

i already read the manga and wife is up to only eps30 in anime, i see beginning fillers but not horrible, i guess they add to black clover, also the fillers imo, could and possible are from the light novels.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
anyone doing black clover? i heard this season is doing filler since they're caught up w/ the manga

i already read the manga and wife is up to only eps30 in anime, i see beginning fillers but not horrible, i guess they add to black clover, also the fillers imo, could and possible are from the light novels.
I watched it for the first maybe 20 episodes, then decided I didn't want another Bleach or Naruto in my life and nope'd away.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
An anime from a few years ago that I thought was pretty different from the standard and very enjoyable was Inuyashiki. Definitely a must watch in my opinion. Takes the time to break all your heart strings even worse than studio ghibli.
You're not kidding. Inuyashiki was great. Pretty fucked up early on, but I loved it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If you liked Inuyashiki, you should check out Gantz. Same creator and it's more fucked up. It is older though, 15 years or so.

Fadaar

That guy
I've watched all of the Monster Doctor... I no longer care about this show, and won't continue to watch it.

Same with that annoying girl something-chan. Bye to her. I still watch Rent a Girlfriend, though.

yeah i dropped monster doctor mid way through like ep 2, i guess monster ladies aren't my thing. wanted to like it but it was just... weird. and not in a good way.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I watched it for the first maybe 20 episodes, then decided I didn't want another Bleach or Naruto in my life and nope'd away.
they straight up lift characters and themes from both...

but i believe it's done better

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you liked Inuyashiki, you should check out Gantz. Same creator and it's more fucked up. It is older though, 15 years or so.
a few years ago we were flying and my wife stumbled upon inuyashiki live action, since it's a long transatlantic flight there were a ton of movies. after our trip she said she watched a weird but good jap film about an old cyborg man

it was nicely done like death note live action(jap, not the wtf whatever netflix did), but she forgot the name, i was like "inuyashiki", she's like yea! then when we got home she watched the anime too.

for a good live action, inuyashiki is good to also consume.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They have changed so much from the manga of God of High School to the anime. So much backstory...all gone.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Caught up on Deca. Let me see if I got this straight.

Humans fuck up the earth. Few left.

Who built the dome?

Deca Dence is in the dome?

Aliens are using the earth as a...playground in VRish whatever?

Humans are fuckin avatars?

I don't get it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Caught up on Deca. Let me see if I got this straight.

Humans fuck up the earth. Few left.

Who built the dome?

Deca Dence is in the dome?

Aliens are using the earth as a...playground in VRish whatever?

Humans are fuckin avatars?

I don't get it.

Not aliens, robots that took over after humans nearly wiped themselves out. They built the dome. Yes, the gears are essentially like the artificial blue aliens in Avatar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Fucking hell, pretty sure it's over now, but they milked yet *ANOTHER* week out of that shit.. Also PoH is a PoS.

I was fine with it. Eiji and Yuna got to do something and it's been hinted they've been there the whole time in past episodes (characters from the SAO movie.)

Side rant, I hate it when events happen in one of the movies for a series and are never mentioned or referenced again...like every Ranma 1/2 movie ever. So this pleases me greatly.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Good god Rent -a-Girlfriend is the most cringe thing I've ever watched.

I just survived drowning and almost died. What's the first thing to do when you get home from that traumatic experience?

Oh right..

Masturbate

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user