Summer 2021 Anime Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Isn't it the same thing that happens in every Anime that's like this?
Watching it now. Appears to be more cozy than the usual ones like this. He doesn't have any particular advantages other than knowing the route he doesn't want to take. So he is starting college again but going to some art college as opposed to going to business school or whatever he did before.

He wants to be a better video game designer and meets his old boss before the time jump, who also went to this school apparently.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
You completely forget he's been sent back in time.

The story is well written, and it becomes just a slice of life with a few reminders here and there that he was an adult at some point, but it's really not often.

It's just a well written slice of life/school show with a focus on art design and music etc. Love it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watching it now. Appears to be more cozy than the usual ones like this. He doesn't have any particular advantages other than knowing the route he doesn't want to take. So he is starting college again but going to some art college as opposed to going to business school or whatever he did before.

He wants to be a better video game designer and meets his old boss before the time jump, who also went to this school apparently.
I'm pretty sure the boss is going to be one of the three "Platinum Generation" people, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

As far as that generation, we know that the artist chick and now know the singer chick is as well.

Actually, maybe the little girl project leader is the third?

Scenario: Kawagoe Kyouichi
Theme Song: N@NA (singer chick)
Character Design: Akishima Shino (artist chick)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Another new show dropped today.

The Defective - Chinese show, 100% CGI. It's a science fiction style show. Flying around in space where people live to 300 years old. It looks like it would be a decent show due to the depth of story in the first 1/4 of the show, but I'm just not interested. Listening to them speaking Mandarin and/or Cantonese is rough. Those languages are ugly to listen to.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure the boss is going to be one of the three "Platinum Generation" people, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

As far as that generation, we know that the artist chick and now know the singer chick is as well.

Actually, maybe the little girl project leader is the third?

Scenario: Kawagoe Kyouichi
Theme Song: N@NA (singer chick)
Character Design: Akishima Shino (artist chick)

I think Kawagoe Kyouichi is male, could be wrong here though.

We have yet to meet him or it's the dude they're rooming with may be?

Malkav

French Madman
I think the Platinum Generation are just his roommates, no real need to try and overthink this.

Kyouichi is definitely a male name.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It very well could be the guy they made the first movie with who was complaining about editing his script. It just seems like there's some importance to the boss lady and that loli girl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I fucking knew that when the name of the episode was titled 'the eve of battle' that it was gonna be ANOTHER FUCKING SETUP EPISODE.

Jesus Christ this show has been such utter shit. I'm sure it will be amazing once it actually picks up again but who the fuck thought they should pace the second season like this?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much everything has been pretty bad/uninspired this season. I'm only following a few shows, and mostly because I have been following them. Slime is falling heavily into the exposition style of anime that I really dislike, and is really starting to lose me. Mostly just letting the occasional show run as background noise while gaming/working more than anything else.

Only two shows have my interest at all. Battle in 5 seconds is pretty typical anime BS, but I have gotten the vibe that he might be a calculatingly evil sort of guy, which makes me think the show might take take an interesting/antihero path. Black company has been moderately entertaining as well. Both of these shows would be background noise any other season, but this season they are my favorites I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I fucking knew that when the name of the episode was titled 'the eve of battle' that it was gonna be ANOTHER FUCKING SETUP EPISODE.

Jesus Christ this show has been such utter shit. I'm sure it will be amazing once it actually picks up again but who the fuck thought they should pace the second season like this?

God yes. They could have covered all that talk in half the time. Hopefully shit's getting fucked up next week and we won't just have 2 armies having a staring contest.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Cant decide if I want them to end this world building crap already, are if I want them to continue to make you rage more.

Kinda shows how bad this entire anime season is.

Malkav

French Madman
I think it's a couple eps til we get to that. Next couple episodes are gonna be a demon lord tea party I bet.

Didn't they say Walpurgis is in like 3 days? I sure hope we don't get 3 more days of talking before something happens.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Didn't they say Walpurgis is in like 3 days? I sure hope we don't get 3 more days of talking before something happens.
maybe on the eve of battle, they'll come to an accord and this season will end peacefully!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I kind of think Goddess Dormitory is going to get the next social canceling. This last episode they animated a middle school girl's nipple instead of just the college school girls from earlier.

Fadaar

That guy
I kind of think Goddess Dormitory is going to get the next social canceling. This last episode they animated a middle school girl's nipple instead of just the college school girls from earlier.

yeah i was enjoying it in a purely trashy Highschool DXD kind of way but now... uhh.... yeah. plus the whole shouta thing is gross anyway.