Summer 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's Kobayashi Dragon Maid was pretty good. I like the series despite how void of action it usually is. But this week showed a pretty badass fight between two of the dragons (while in human form). Turns out they can wreck shit if they so desired.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And Remake My Life... In the latest episode, everything continues to fall apart. I still really like this series.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Don't know if anyone else is watching it, but Re-Main, the water polo series about the dude who was #1 in Japan but lost all of his memories in a car accident. Suddenly he got those memories back, but lost all of the new memories since after his accident. It's like a murder mystery. The style of the story did a huge change, but I enjoyed that as well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't know if anyone else is watching it, but Re-Main, the water polo series about the dude who was #1 in Japan but lost all of his memories in a car accident. Suddenly he got those memories back, but lost all of the new memories since after his accident. It's like a murder mystery. The style of the story did a huge change, but I enjoyed that as well.
that happens in every k-drama

remember who you were but not what you wuz

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
For anyone that remembers Vivy from last season. WIT Studio released the Pilot Movie that they made to showcase the show . Has cut content fights which of course are fucking amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Well, at least Clayman getting bitch-slapped by Shion was satisfying.

I wonder why Rimuru didn't summon Veldora earlier, while Clayman just summoned a litteral clown troupe out of his ass.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, at least Clayman getting bitch-slapped by Shion was satisfying.

I wonder why Rimuru didn't summon Veldora earlier, while Clayman just summoned a litteral clown troupe out of his ass.

At least the shit aint boring anymore. I'm still salty about how long it took this season to get going.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I prefer to think that Vivy and Matsumoto did die and are now in Android heaven fulfilling their missions.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So I used to think Subaru was the worst protagonist in all of anime, and he really does suck complete ass

xdlx3RGI_400x400-337x320.jpg

but Takemichi this little faggot here is hands down to most useless pile of shit to ever be drawn. All he ever does is cry or bleed.

22c36c3388fc780ccb32ede8c9cdd9352b11e2fa.gif

It's odd to say but both stories would be better without the main characters.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been watching Tsukimichi as kind of a filler show when I'm bored. It was a typical silly isekai and kind of light hearted and stupid, until this last episode. It got real dark, real quick.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've been watching Tsukimichi as kind of a filler show when I'm bored. It was a typical silly isekai and kind of light hearted and stupid, until this last episode. It got real dark, real quick.
Well female Goddess that thinks you're a piece of shit, and a bunch of Human adventurers that ruin everything. His "other world" is a lot better than the world that he was summoned into. Dragon and Spider chicks are strong. But he's so much stronger, even though he's only level 1. The leveling system doesn't make any sense, though. He's 1-shotting constant high level targets (to get the red wasp eyes), and didn't level at all killing them? Something's broken.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just to make it a little more real for a bit, the commercial itself is a lie. Unless he's putting it in her ass, standard vaginal sex has an almost a 0% chance of ever transferring AIDS.

ActivityRisk-per-exposure
Vaginal sex, female-to-male, no condom0.04% (1 in 2380)
Vaginal sex, female-to-male, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Vaginal sex, male-to-female, no condom0.08% (1 in 1234)
Vaginal sex, male-to-female, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Receptive anal sex, no condom1.38% (1 in 72)
Receptive anal sex, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Insertive anal sex, no condom0.11% (1 in 909)
Insertive anal sex, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Receptive fellatio, no condom, viral load not knownEstimates range from 0.00% to 0.04% (1 in 2500)
Pregnancy and childbirth, no preventative measures22.6% (1 in 4)
Pregnancy and childbirth, undetectable viral load0.14% (1 in 715)
Injecting drug use0.63% (1 in 158)
Needlestick injury with contaminated blood0.23% (1 in 435)
Blood transfusion with contaminated blood92.5% (9 in 10)

Last edited:

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just to make it a little more real for a bit, the commercial itself is a lie. Unless he's putting it in her ass, standard vaginal sex has an almost a 0% chance of ever transferring AIDS.

ActivityRisk-per-exposure
Vaginal sex, female-to-male, no condom0.04% (1 in 2380)
Vaginal sex, female-to-male, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Vaginal sex, male-to-female, no condom0.08% (1 in 1234)
Vaginal sex, male-to-female, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Receptive anal sex, no condom1.38% (1 in 72)
Receptive anal sex, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Insertive anal sex, no condom0.11% (1 in 909)
Insertive anal sex, no condom, undetectable viral load0%
Receptive fellatio, no condom, viral load not knownEstimates range from 0.00% to 0.04% (1 in 2500)
Pregnancy and childbirth, no preventative measures22.6% (1 in 4)
Pregnancy and childbirth, undetectable viral load0.14% (1 in 715)
Injecting drug use0.63% (1 in 158)
Needlestick injury with contaminated blood0.23% (1 in 435)
Blood transfusion with contaminated blood92.5% (9 in 10)

Interesting. Needs a more recent study though than 2006.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
Slime season ending was a bit anticlamatic. Just pwn Clayman in 5 minutes at the beginning of the episode, and then it's off to more talking yay!

Well, at least they confirmed we'll get another season. Probably with more talks again.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Probably with more talks again.
Having read the WN, I think most people have this weird misconception that Slime is about battles and stuff. It's about playing Civilization as a monster, and going for the culture win with the power of friendship.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
His "other world" is a lot better than the world that he was summoned into. Dragon and Spider chicks are strong. But he's so much stronger, even though he's only level 1. The leveling system doesn't make any sense, though. He's 1-shotting constant high level targets (to get the red wasp eyes), and didn't level at all killing them? Something's broken.
The thing with TsukiMichi is the world building and backstory, and from what I hear the anime cut most of the interesting bits out. Like the other heroes (one of them being a total self-righteous asshole with a charm skill and a nuke ability) the family backstory etc.

I enjoyed the WN and Manga because he's a very interesting character that has zero inhibition about killing people. It goes so far that Tomoe tries to act as his sheath and grounding.