Summer 2021 Anime Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Finally something in Slime other than talking. Hope they ramp this shit up after two months of discussion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lots of potential

aY91TMb.jpeg

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Woah, Tonikawa dropped their 13th episode today, and it wasn't expected (by me) at all. I just remembered the name and.. yeah. I really liked this show back in 2020 when it came out.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Another very strong episode of Remake this week. I don't know why they made last week into a recap of 6 shows, but whatever. This series is great.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
They worth it? Think i started on 1.0 awhile back and got bored pretty quick. Story pick up?

So I started back at the beginning of the rebuild series instead just jumping in to 3.0+1.0.

1.11 is pretty much a retelling of the first 6 episodes. 2.22 ends where the series did, but is probably 60% new content and we get to the end much faster. 3.33 and 3.0+1.0 are entirely new content with plenty of callbacks to End of Evangelion.

Overall I enjoyed it, though they did manage to make the show even more incomprehensible than the original.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
anno said he's done with eva but maybe not, they might do one on the 14year timeskip

Yeah, once they started talking about the shit Ryoji got up to during the time skip, I figured that's where they'd go if they do any more.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Whats your guys take on Tokyo Revengers? I am trying to like it but the game character is just such an unlikable fag with zero fucking character growth so far. He almost ties that loser piece of shit from Re:Zero and the most worthless unlikable main characters of any story.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Upcoming Anime stuff:

Highlights for me include: Isekai Quartet Movie, Tanya the Evil 2, Konasuba project (movie or season not sure) , Overlord S3. Fate Grand Order Solomon Temple of Time , JoJo 6. Lord El-Mellois Case Files (Waver from Fate)
Star Wars Video Shorts by various studios..this will be awesome I think.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
He left out some others that might be interesting. I wanted to be hopeful for Saihate no Paladin, but they gave the main character such a kid's voice its stupid.

Mieruko-chan is another one, but I doubt they'll be faithful to the series. The manga is creepy as all fuck.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So I started back at the beginning of the rebuild series instead just jumping in to 3.0+1.0.

1.11 is pretty much a retelling of the first 6 episodes. 2.22 ends where the series did, but is probably 60% new content and we get to the end much faster. 3.33 and 3.0+1.0 are entirely new content with plenty of callbacks to End of Evangelion.

Overall I enjoyed it, though they did manage to make the show even more incomprehensible than the original.
I binged this over the weekend and here are my thoughts

1) Great animation, maybe not top tier ufotable, but A tier. It kept up with the original clumsiness of large bodies moving around and the reskin of the angels with modern graphics was very good.
2) So much blood red. really so much fucking red and blood everywhere.
3) Story wise. Anno basically watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and had a "hold my beer moment" and it escalated quickly from there. (WTF Antiverse??))
What was the point of the 4th pilot? For Shinji to have a actual girlfriends that is not fucked up in the head? I guess it provided a much better battle dynamic with her and Asuka, feeding off each other. Also why was asuka an angeru?

They also left out the whole roles that mothers played on the Evas. I thought that the evas(0,1,2) had absorbed elements of the soul of teh scientist who dies while working on them. With 01 being literally the embodiment of Shinji's mother's soul, while 02 was Asuka's mother soul. And it was this soul inside the Evas what projected teh AT field.

On this new version asuka never mentions her mother and treats his unit more like a vehicle and not like her mother.

Jesus fuck this got so damn complicated with the antiverse and the third spear.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What was the point of the 4th pilot?
At this point all bets are off. Ideas range from Anno just wrote his wife into the story for his self-depressed self-insert Shinji, to "Mari is Shinjj and Asuka's daughter", to 'Mari is Asuka's mother."

No, really: "In the last volume of the Eva manga there is a bonus chapter that reveals Mari as a college classmate and good friend of a young Yui Ikari."

Don't think too much about it, at this point I am convinced Anno is just trolling everyone.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What was the point of the 4th pilot? For Shinji to have a actual girlfriends that is not fucked up in the head? I guess it provided a much better battle dynamic with her and Asuka, feeding off each other. Also why was asuka an angeru?

For more waifu.

Asuka became part angel during the new Eva test.