Summer 2023 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pedo Tensei is some seriously cringe shit. Save his family? Nah fuck that, we got priorities, Let the quest to solve his erectile dysfunction begin! This show manages to be the most uncomfortable show to enjoy too consistently.
I havent even watched pedo tensei yet but if I had ED at that age it sure as shit would be my #1 priority.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I havent even watched pedo tensei yet but if I had ED at that age it sure as shit would be my #1 priority.

I mean if it were that simple, sure, I could accept any teen thinking that way. Instead, he literally spends 2 years piddling around while explaining to people he knows his dick doesn't work. Not only that, fixing shit isn't even his idea. The show is cringeeeeee.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I mean if it were that simple, sure, I could accept any teen thinking that way. Instead, he literally spends 2 years piddling around while explaining to people he knows his dick doesn't work. Not only that, fixing shit isn't even his idea. The show is cringeeeeee.
He is living in a world where medicine doesn't exactly exist the way it does here. He has been trying stuff on his own during that period, but mind over matter doesn't help much when mind is the matter. Just enjoy the show for the S tier art and animation for now. And the slutty elf.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoyed this week's episode of bleach. Which I never imagined would be a sentence I typed in 2023.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Anyone not enjoying Zom is wrong.

And god damn the animation isn't just really good, its fun as hell to watch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
zom is some of the best shit i've seen in a while.

Totally left field too, unknown studio.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
zom is some of the best shit i've seen in a while.

Totally left field too, unknown studio.

When it's a brand new studio you gotta look at people instead. Couple of the leading behind the scenes folks worked on Attack of Titan and Jujutsu Kaisen and it shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So MAPPA's talent team left? That would explain Jujutsu Kaisen S2

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Imagine not being able to get it up for 2 years...

When you're 15 and your nextdoor neighbor is a superslut who pays men to fuck her despite being pretty.

Still you can't get it up.

Oh you also keep a pair of panties in a buddha worship box thing at your bedside and pray to it.

Criiiiiiinge indeed.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's kinda funny for THIS to be the breaking point after how skeezy Rudeus has been so far.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Zom is good stuff.

The scene where they all raise a toast and then head back to the office hit hard. There's definitely some personal experience in shitty companies going into this one 8)

I like Seven Spellblades as well, I am not even sure what it is about, but it's certainly very pretty. Having upperclassmen murder freshmen with impunity seems like an unsustainable business model for a school though.

I completely agree that Pedo Tensei is made up of at least 50% cringe. The other half being really good somehow makes it even worse - after all if it was 100% cringe (almost) no-one would watch it.

• 1Like

Khane

What?

JJK season 2 looks pretty fucking good. What are you basing this shit take on?

The animation in JJK2 is very different and very inferior.

Its like those episodes of Naruto where the animation gets choppy and low quality for a few episodes at a time because they decided to outsource it for some reason, then go back to the regular studio. It looks like that shit.

Last edited:

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Not seeing it in the last 3, 1 did look a tad off. I also watch this shit on tablet which tends to hide some of the nastiness.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Zom is good stuff.

The scene where they all raise a toast and then head back to the office hit hard. There's definitely some personal experience in shitty companies going into this one 8)

I like Seven Spellblades as well, I am not even sure what it is about, but it's certainly very pretty. Having upperclassmen murder freshmen with impunity seems like an unsustainable business model for a school though.

I completely agree that Pedo Tensei is made up of at least 50% cringe. The other half being really good somehow makes it even worse - after all if it was 100% cringe (almost) no-one would watch it.
Don't forget to watch the live action version that came out today:

Khane

Thousand Year Blood War is good but like everything else in Bleach it always feels like the Zaraki Kenpachi waiting room

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still love that in a manga full of zany transformations and new powers being ass pulled to win fights, when it was Kenpachi's turn to do that last, the "crazy new technique" was just "I guess I'll use both hands"

• 1Like