Summer 2023 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't know if this counts as summer 23 or not but fuck it. I have to say Baki is probably one of the worst animes ever made. Still it's such a fucking train wreck you just have to watch. Don't know how many of you watched this shit but it has to be one of retard over the top crazy bullshit fights of any anime.

Boichi definitely has a style.

Pervert Tensei gaining steam. Loving this season so far.

Kenshin is speedrunning the Oniwaban Group arc which I appreciate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I went back to watching the One Piece anime, but this Thriller Bark arc is not interesting at all.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I went back to watching the One Piece anime, but this Thriller Bark arc is not interesting at all.

Thriller Bark is pretty mid as shit. Peak One Piece is Marineford.

Also they have a version called One Pace that cuts a fair amount of bullshit.

It's kind of like DBZ vs the Kai version that takes 19 episodes of powering up to a new final final form and cutting it down to 18 episodes of powering up to a new final final form.

• 2Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
wtf, another isekai about impotence
Game Of Thrones GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Mentioned earlier in the thread about how the Kenshin remake got me to sub to CR, only to get distracted with JJK instead. Started Tensei because it was getting alot of love here and it did not disappoint. First season has probably become one of my favs which is weird because I find the MC pretty meh. Everything else is just so good that it really doesn't matter. Second season no where on the same level yet, but it took a bit for S1 to get going too. Also Fitz, Nympho chan and bowlcut prince don't hold a candle to Eris and Ruijerd. Those two carried season 1 for me.

Tried Horimiya and that's a fast pass from me.

Zom, Helck and Harry Potter started cool but my interest is slowing.

Before this summer I think Season 1-3 of Bleach was the last I was able to get into before getting bored way back when it was newish. Might re watch those next and check out the new stuff, but no way am I watching all that. Anime seems pretty good these days though. Also wanna check out Chainsaw man and maybe AOT before the final season.

Ironically enough I still haven't started Kenshin though...

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm on the zombie island arc and I feel the same, it's just kind of stupid.

Thriller Bark is pretty mid as shit. Peak One Piece is Marineford.

Also they have a version called One Pace that cuts a fair amount of bullshit.

It's kind of like DBZ vs the Kai version that takes 19 episodes of powering up to a new final final form and cutting it down to 18 episodes of powering up to a new final final form.
Think I'll give One Pace a shot!

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I guess it's old now, but I'm just now seeing it, and this might be one of the better trailers I've ever seen for anything. Been trying to find out what the music is, but it doesn't exist by itself. Some sort of in-house Funimation production for the trailer so there's likely no way to get ahold of an actual track.

Also started watching Cowboy Bebop. Yeah, kind of burying the lead here a bit. Considering all I've really ever seen of anime is Dragonball properties, it's a bit of a leap to give CB a shot. I totally see where Joss Whedon got the inspiration for Firefly now. Episode 5's final montage where Spike is falling through the air is incredible and might be the best scene I've ever seen in a show in terms of making me want to see the rest of it.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Good on you for taking a chance on Anime. The Cowboy Bebop you're watching... English or subtitles? I've always loved how good the Japanese voices are for that show. Faye sounds like she's dripping sex.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Good on you for taking a chance on Anime. The Cowboy Bebop you're watching... English or subtitles? I've always loved how good the Japanese voices are for that show. Faye sounds like she's dripping sex.
Cowboy Bebop english dub is even better. The creator acknowledged it as well. That and GITS: SAC are the creme de la creme of dubs. I say this as someone who generally is subtitles only.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I watched Reign of the Seven Spellblades it didn't seem very appealing. Am I missing something?
It's certainly the worst thing I'm watching this season. I thought everything would be better after ep6 but nah, it somehow got worse.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pervert Tensei ended the season where I figured they would. Rudy Got His Groove Back!

• 1Like