Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Animated fantasy world made by Japanese people doesn't have latin folk, literally worse than hitler!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Good movie, of course critics will hate it. If you hate video games and cartoons, this will be a silly mess of a movie.

Illumination sure knows how to do these types of flicks though, the high energy, never a dull moment, perfectly suited to today's kids.

Actually there were a million ways to screw this up and I feel they did everything right, really no complaints at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You guys werent kidding. We went to the mall and was going to watch the movie, but we decided to eat first at the restaurant across the way. Just the obscene amount of kids filing into and out of the theatre was nuts. I dont even think Ive ever seen that many kids there, ever. There was a showing every 30 minutes, too. I'll go see it when its not crowded af, but the sheer amount of tickets being sold just means theyre raking in the cash. So glad its not a Disney flick and Chris Pratt is getting the recognition since every alphabet puke fag in the world hates him for w/e reason.

They hate Pratt because he's a white Christian man who isn't shy about talking about how much he loves God and his church and stuff. Also he didn't participate in any of the Marvel star anti-Trump circle-jerks, so people assume he must be a republican to boot. I have no idea if he is or not, but since he actually keeps his political opinions to himself, he probably is.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this movie is pretty goddamn sweet. the easter eggs are starting to fuck with me,. when Peach is in her Mario Kart outfit it triggered a random memory of Princess Allura from Voltron.
iu

i know they are different IPs, but what a weird thing to remember from 40 years ago.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Best Animated Box Office opening All-Time, beats Frozen 2:

Mario had two extra days of play in this comparison, not quite apples to apples. First five days of release Frozen 2 handily wins.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Calling dibs on a Zelda movie and also Ecco The Dolphin movie
Surprising they never tried to do a Zelda or Metroid movie after all these years. Those IPs would be incredibly easy to translate into a movie for general audiences.
This guy has always been an insufferable butt hurt woke faggot.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Surprising they never tried to do a Zelda or Metroid movie after all these years. Those IPs would be incredibly easy to translate into a movie for general audiences.

I feel like those have a lot more room for interpretation. Like, you can't really make a serious Mario movie, right? The only way to do it well is to keep is childish and cartoony. But Link or Metroid I could see being taken different ways that could divide the audience, even just in terms of who the target audience will be.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Best Animated Box Office opening All-Time, beats Frozen 2:

lol Disney is eating a big bag of dicks right now. the word of mouth for this is going to snag a huge second weekend too.

a Zelda movie done well like SMB would be unimaginable. Zelda was my jam. i rocked that shit in a week when it came out and then kept playing. taught my friends all the tips and Nintendo Power filled in the rest. holy nerdgasm.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The bright side of Nintendo being Japanese is that it might actually be a Legend of Zelda story rather than a movie where Sheik spends the entire time being better than Link at everything and played by a dude.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nintendo was pitched a Zelda movie way back by the folks who did TMNT 2007, but they declined and did not want to go in that direction. They do pick and choose very carefully what genre and portrayals they put out.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
best movie i have seen in MANY years. it was fun, creative and happy. the world needs more of those things.

only nitpick was i wish it was a bit longer. also.
how the fuck did they close the rift in universes? or did they?

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fun movie. My kid dressed up as mario and there were like thirty other kids dressed up too. Everybody was there, Dr Mario, Lakitus, a hammer bro. One of the adults was dressed up as a block.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I feel like those have a lot more room for interpretation. Like, you can't really make a serious Mario movie, right? The only way to do it well is to keep is childish and cartoony. But Link or Metroid I could see being taken different ways that could divide the audience, even just in terms of who the target audience will be.
Pretty much what DT is saying. When I think of Zelda and what kind of movie it would be, it isnt exactly G rated. Im thinking the best director for it would be Guillermo del Toro. That dude is somehow able to see the weird shit and make the audience feel a certain type of way about it, and any Zelda fan knows that that series is overflowing with weird shit. Never mind that the Hell Boy Crowd that also plays Zelda would fucking go nuts (me included). Teen rating at max because there just isnt anything that should push it over the top.

Metroid.. I just cant imagine a good film adaptation. Maybe you guys can? Im trying to think of how they could do it and still keep it as close to G rated as they can and my own personal wish that it would take a much more darker tone is kind of winning out. I'd love to see Metroid taken into an Event Horizon or the same feel as the newer Aliens movies like Covenant.

The problem I see after writing these ideas, which is probably what Nintendo is presented with - is if these movies are based on the games, then the parents are going to ask what kind of games are their kids really playing? I think Zelda being PG13 could be understandable but its still going to make parents think about the rating of Zelda before they think "I played this as a kid and it was fine." Especially if Metroid pops up as an R rated version.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pretty much what DT is saying. When I think of Zelda and what kind of movie it would be, it isnt exactly G rated. Im thinking the best director for it would be Guillermo del Toro. That dude is somehow able to see the weird shit and make the audience feel a certain type of way about it, and any Zelda fan knows that that series is overflowing with weird shit. Never mind that the Hell Boy Crowd that also plays Zelda would fucking go nuts (me included). Teen rating at max because there just isnt anything that should push it over the top.

Metroid.. I just cant imagine a good film adaptation. Maybe you guys can? Im trying to think of how they could do it and still keep it as close to G rated as they can and my own personal wish that it would take a much more darker tone is kind of winning out. I'd love to see Metroid taken into an Event Horizon or the same feel as the newer Aliens movies like Covenant.

The problem I see after writing these ideas, which is probably what Nintendo is presented with - is if these movies are based on the games, then the parents are going to ask what kind of games are their kids really playing? I think Zelda being PG13 could be understandable but its still going to make parents think about the rating of Zelda before they think "I played this as a kid and it was fine." Especially if Metroid pops up as an R rated version.
OG Zelda through Zelda 64 could be done well with just PG. There was nothing overtly sexual or even all that dark in them. Although I would murder the screen if they added that horrible HEY, LISTEN fairy as a character.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't see how Metroid could ever be good if it wasn't R and I cannot imagine Nintendo ever allowing someone to make an R rated movie with one of their properties. Maybe some absolutely peerless direction and editing could make a PG13 Metroid still work, especially with the obligatory scene scene of zero suit sneaking through ductwork shot from behind.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, Zelda and Metroid would likely flop unless PG13+ rating and done very very well. Certainly a much higher risk than Mario & Sonic movies.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They have easy options for kid friendly G or PG rated movies. They could do Donkey Kong Country with tons of goofy ass kid shit and would rake inad bucks.

The TINDOs is a gold mine.

If they want make anything a little more intense just make it into a fucking Anime of Zelda and nobody would blink twice. Hell even shit aimed for babies like Naruto gets into some pretty dark shit. The jippity japs have no fucks to give.

• 2Like