Super Mario Odyssey

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Im having a great time with this. It really does feel like a solid successor to the classic mainline Mario titles. The hat mechanic is pretty darn inspired from a gamepoint view even if its super creepy to think about.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I never really like mario games but this one is pretty fun, it's always a nice surprise when you go to attack something with your hat and end up getting a new gameplay style instead lol

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Just started playing over the weekend, about 60 moons in, lots of fun, having a good time with it.

I would have loved a game like this when I had all the free time in the world, harder for me now as an adult.

Really enjoying it, my son likes playing as Cappy, so it's a win.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Our copy finally showed up today (fucking bestbuy) and the kids and I made it to the forest level. Did not see that music choice for that world coming lol. I barely got to play due to the kids but that guidance mode is awesome for the younger ones. Doubles the health, makes pits a one health damage instead of death and gives little arrow hints on where to go. They still have to pull everything mechanically off but it lets them go for it a few more times before the restart. Hoping after halloween tomorrow I can start my own file and start the long haul to 100%.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Going to bump this thread cuz in 3 weeks tops it will be page 2.

Didn't even make it a week.

Come on people, I'm also giving a free bump. Talk about your Nintendo game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
People complain about shitting up the Switch thread but I'd be on page 4 otherwise.

In a moment of weakness I impulse bought the Mario Odyssey bundle at Bestbuy and regretted it almost instantly. I really hate the red joycons and it comes with a digital copy of Odyssey. Between the shit storage and it being Nintendo I want nothing to do with digital. I'll probably take it back and either grab the grey console with a physical copy or I'll just wait and see what happens this holiday. I really want to play Mario but that's pretty much it and I'm five days out from the X. I need some Multiplicity type shit or to win the lottery so I can fit all this gaming in.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
That's damn impressive. The game is definitely giving me Mario 64 vibes, which is one of my favorite games of all time.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep sounds like a great game from all intents and purposes. Too bad there is this, POSSIBLY Xenoblade 2, and then absolutely jack/shit for all of 2018 aside from Yoshi.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I'm actually quite content with the fact that the Switch's library but for a handful of bright spots is largely a wasteland. Maybe I'll actually finish up the games I want to play before it's two console generations later.

For the whiners who want a lot more, I totally used to be you, but now kindly fuck off and go have fun with your Steam sales.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm actually quite content with the fact that the Switch's library but for a handful of bright spots is largely a wasteland. Maybe I'll actually finish up the games I want to play before it's two console generations later.

For the whiners who want a lot more, I totally used to be you, but now kindly fuck off and go have fun with your Steam sales.

Well that’s a good way to look at it. You will have plenty of time to play through your backlog in 2018. Hoping xenoblade 2 is good. Although I have never seen anyone who is a gamer content that their library is a wasteland with really nothing there until 2019. Hopefully they have an animal crossing or something that can come out once Mario and X2 wrap up.

Needs more Mario talk. Tell me about the game.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So far I think I'm almost 100 moons in. Damn work taking most of my time since release. So far it's really good reminds me a lot of 64, which is probably my favorite 3d Mario.

The cap mechanic is a nifty change. And I really dig the old school 8bit modes when I find them. And the fact moons are everywhere for you to find.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So far I think I'm almost 100 moons in. Damn work taking most of my time since release. So far it's really good reminds me a lot of 64, which is probably my favorite 3d Mario.

The cap mechanic is a nifty change. And I really dig the old school 8bit modes when I find them. And the fact moons are everywhere for you to find.

I saw some gameplay and I like how you can take over things and they all have their own unique gameplay. Saw a guy take over a mushroom and he didn’t slide on ice anymore. And you can take over the bullet guy. Looks like a lot of very fun and unique gameplay mechanics and solid level design.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
The cap system is fantastic. Tearing through a busy area by comboing your cap across multiple enemies in one fluid streak is just pure Mario goodness.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Enjoying every minute I can get in. I've even broken a cardinal rule of not bringing a portable to work with me.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This game triggers my OCD because moons are literally every where and I don't want to stop looking for them. I think I spent 3-4 hours on the sand level today alone and I still haven't found them all.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
This game triggers my OCD because moons are literally every where and I don't want to stop looking for them. I think I spent 3-4 hours on the sand level today alone and I still haven't found them all.

Yes I totally understand that feeling. It's always just let me get this next moon. Then I see another, etc. Or trying to find all the level currency.

Having a blast not sure how far in I am though.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beat the game today. Thought it was pretty decent. I didn't mind the hat thing but I didn't like how there's like 100 moons in some levels. The villains were pretty lame too. Mighta missed something but I didn't find a use for regular coins. I don't really get the hype, I was kinda disappointed by it. Kid loves it tho