Super Mario Odyssey

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Regular coins used in shops to buy moons and outfits.

If you just beat the story with minimal moons, that's like 20% of the game. Bunch more worlds and more difficult moons to find.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After I finished the game and decided to look at the Lists of moons I was floored. In some areas I'm wandering around going 'how is it possible that I'm not seeing 3/4 of the moons in this area???'

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah idk, I finished the game with 152 moons. Grinding out the 800 or whatever moons I didn't find does not seem fun to me. Maybe I'm just getting old

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah definitely not 800, that wouldn't be fun.

I think you need 350? and then 500 to get the final two endings. The last world you unlock is so awesome.

Crisco

A greasy jar
this game is just fun. Not sure how I missed so many moons but ended with about 200. Looking forward to playing the levels again and getting what I missed.

Read you only need 500 moons to complete and think that won't be to painful, not sure about all but the hint stuff should help, or just give up eventually.

would recommend this to everyone.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just unlocked the world for 250 moons. Nothing says fun like running around doing mundane shit, only to unlock a world where your reward is fighting the same 4 bosses you have already fought 3 times before except 1 new mechanic.... LOW GRAVITY. The world I unlock for 500 better have peach on the bangbus or something

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bump! It’s been dam near 72 hours!

• 1Smuggly

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Just got the end credits with 310 moons. Ending sequence was great, I really liked the music and the post game kingdom was really fun to jump around in.

I've enjoyed this as much as Mario 64 so far, it's pretty excellent.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lets get this convo going because no one is talking about it. Like......

ever.

• 1SJW
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So I find myself being ocd with this and trying to get as many of the special coins and moons before moving on.

New Donk city was pretty interesting, loved all the references to old Mario roles. I'm very excited to keep looking forward and finding more moons. This reminds me a lot of 64, but with quality of life improvements. Some of the jumps you can do are pretty awesome. Throwing the hat, diving at it, bouncing up, throwing again, etc. Should be interesting seeing what some speed runners do.

I also appreciate the fact each world has its own music to go with its theme. The costumes are nifty too.

Anyone have a favorite Kingdom yet?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So I find myself being ocd with this and trying to get as many of the special coins and moons before moving on.

New Donk city was pretty interesting, loved all the references to old Mario roles. I'm very excited to keep looking forward and finding more moons. This reminds me a lot of 64, but with quality of life improvements. Some of the jumps you can do are pretty awesome. Throwing the hat, diving at it, bouncing up, throwing again, etc. Should be interesting seeing what some speed runners do.

I also appreciate the fact each world has its own music to go with its theme. The costumes are nifty too.

Anyone have a favorite Kingdom yet?

The Metro Kingdom and the Luncheon Kingdom were my favourites in the game. Metro for the amount of open space you have to explore, and Luncheon for the difficulty and sneaky hidden moons.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lets get this convo going because no one is talking about it. Like......

ever.
Man, that Evil Within 2 game must be really shitty. Only 21 comments and not even on the first page? Is there a tier below garbage tier?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I hear ya. No one talks about good games. I bumped this on purpose.

• 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was gifted the game, now I just need the switch to play it on. Shit looks incredibly fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing it off and on last few days. Need about 50 more moons to unlock the final level. Ill probo beat the story mode part of that final level and never play it again

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah. I hear ya. No one talks about good games. I bumped this on purpose.
Just giving ya shit man.

People don’t talk about this game much because there’s not much to talk about. It’s single player, and there’s not really any sort of strategy to discuss. Games like Dark Souls have people talking about gear and builds and how to beat certain bosses, but for games like this other than sharing your opinion of the game there’s not much discussion to be had.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The final level you unlock for 500 moons is fucking retarded. This game is cool to play for a few hours and after that its p mediocre. I wouldnt even put this as a top 5 Mario game

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The final level you unlock for 500 moons is fucking retarded. This game is cool to play for a few hours and after that its p mediocre. I wouldnt even put this as a top 5 Mario game

Did you stop taking your Nintendo pills? The newest game in every Mario/Zelda (pretty much any N only game) series is always the best game. It's also preferable if you toss in some hyperbole, like revolutionary, breathtaking, gamechanging, etc. when describing it. You have been warned!

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Did you stop taking your Nintendo pills? The newest game in every Mario/Zelda (pretty much any N only game) series is always the best game. It's also preferable if you toss in some hyperbole, like revolutionary, breathtaking, gamechanging, etc. when describing it. You have been warned!

Nah, you got it wrong there. It's only cool to hate on Nintendo when they release good games, because it shows that you don't play that babby shit.