Super Mario Odyssey

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Nah, you got it wrong there. It's only cool to hate on Nintendo when they release good games, because it shows that you don't play that babby shit.

Who are we talking about here? I like Nintendo games, always have. I only hate on Nintendo for their shit hardware since the Wii an occasionally like to take jabs at their retarded fanboys who think every release is the best ever.

Mario Odyssey actually looks like a lot of fun, but even those of us who enjoy these games want to throw up in our mouth a bit at the typical Nintendo fan slurping, so I was just having a bit of fun with Bruuce.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I've always liked Nintendo first party and have owned each system. However, the extra push to have 800+ moons, or whatever number it is ultimately going to be as I'm at 650, is really killing it for me. Finding a moon because I put on the right outfit is tedious and don't get me started on things like the 100 hits for volleyball. It seems like I'm doing some of the worst side-quests from a crappy MMO.

I'd agree with not being in the top 5. Good game but it feels like it was expanded to last longer with monotonous item gathering. Damn the completionist in me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got the credit roll this morning at around 200 moons. Thoroughly enjoyed it. That said: if there is really 800+ moons, this one isn't getting completed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
There's 3 more Kingdoms you unlock after the ending. The first is unlocked after beating the story. The other two are at 250 and 500 moons. Don't need to collect the other 400 or whatever moons after that.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah 500 only took a few hours of grinding over a couple days. I also bought like 50-60 moons with my coins because I have no desire for the alternate outfits and shit like that. I dont remember getting any alternate endings for beating the extra levels, just the "reward". Maybe I was supposed to replay the "last" level again? Idk

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I got my kids a Switch for Christmas and they love this game. My older on loves playing as the hat (Cappy?) and younger one loves playing as Mario so there is no fighting it is so great!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I had a lot of fun with this but after I completed the main story I think I hit like 300 moons and traded it in while the trade value is still good.

There's absolutely zero desire for me to continue doing all the completionist stuff when my back catalog is already too big.

When I was 13 and had summer/winter break to devote to a video game sure. At 43? No way.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I got my kids a Switch for Christmas and they love this game. My older on loves playing as the hat (Cappy?) and younger one loves playing as Mario so there is no fighting it is so great!
Same here man. Bought this for my 6 year old son and he plays it with his sister. No fighting and no arguing. Yesterday he got stuck on a boss so he asked me to beat him. So I beat the boss and 3 hours later I'm still playing his game while he watches me play. Game is really good.

• 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Same here man. Bought this for my 6 year old son and he plays it with his sister. No fighting and no arguing. Yesterday he got stuck on a boss so he asked me to beat him. So I beat the boss and 3 hours later I'm still playing his game while he watches me play. Game is really good.

Hahaha same here. I bought Mario / switch / pro controller for my daughters, and as soon as they asked for help I couldn't stop playing. Great game so far. Love the atmosphere, music, some retro sounds

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Me and the wife have been playing this together, and we beat it this past weekend, and are now going back to get the rest of the moons... there are still 2 worlds left to open??? Holy shit. Great game but yeah if there is legit 800 fucking moons in this game, that is beyond retarded.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Me and the wife have been playing this together, and we beat it this past weekend, and are now going back to get the rest of the moons... there are still 2 worlds left to open??? Holy shit. Great game but yeah if there is legit 800 fucking moons in this game, that is beyond retarded.

I don't understand this mindset. It's more content for an already content rich game, and you're not forced to do it. You only need 500 power moons to unlock the last level, and the rest is just for completionists.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand this mindset. It's more content for an already content rich game, and you're not forced to do it. You only need 500 power moons to unlock the last level, and the rest is just for completionists.

Yeah it was a bit rough, sorry. If they they are all mostly the kind where you go in and do a small level area, I'm down, but if all of them are just in random spots that I have to keep going back to places in levels I've already been over a hundred times while looking for other moons, I'm not. It's just holy crap, we will try for all 800, so this game will last us the better part of a year.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Because back tracking maps with new abilities to find trinkets isn’t content? I can easily see why people play it, win, and turn it in, because chasing moons over shit you have already done but now it’s in X way instead of Y way in the same areas you have been in isn’t fun for some.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because back tracking maps with new abilities to find trinkets isn’t content? I can easily see why people play it, win, and turn it in, because chasing moons over shit you have already done but now it’s in X way instead of Y way in the same areas you have been in isn’t fun for some.

Yah. I love collectibles and exploring. But boy do I hate backtracking.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing is so far most of it's not too bad at back tracking as many of the moons are in little challenge areas. But we are seriously at like 150 moons at this point. So that was the point of my reaction was the fact that if there are 650 more of these fuckers, they are obviously hidden and not accessible currently and I'll have to go back to some spots I've already hit twice a third time because I hit a switch in one of these yet to be unlocked worlds. That part kind of honks me off. But wife loves Mario, and we get to game together, and for some odd reason that connection makes her horny so I say bring it on.

• 1Worf

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

It's objectively content. And sure, that's your prerogative and getting any more than 500 moons is completely down to each player. You can even fast track it by spending coins to repeatedly get moons if you don't want to hunt them out.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Yah. I love collectibles and exploring. But boy do I hate backtracking.

This is literally the bread and butter of collectathon games. It's like buying Forza and returning it because you hate racing.