Superman & Lois

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good 1st episode. Smashed Batwoman in the ratings.

Yep, Black Luthor or Bluthor, is supposed to be from another multiverse. This follows stuff that happened in the other shows where there were some villains that were also ported from other worlds after crisis.
Of course it did. It has a white male as the main character. More blatant racism and misogyny.

Cybsled

Some people are theorizing it will end up being Alex Luthor instead of Lex, and his beef with Supes is because Supes is a badguy from his world. Although that would be an odd angle, since he was causing nuke meltdowns lol

There could be some misdirect, though. Lex Luthor is by far the most recognizable Superman villain, so while that helps with casual viewers (since they are more likely to know the last name Luthor), it could end up being a twist and not -the- Lex Luthor they are familiar with.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought the first ep was pretty good.

Very different tone from the other arrowverse shows.

Their concerns about the kids seemed pretty true to life, but you'd have to think that having kids in the first place was wildly irresponsible. I'm going to assume it was an accident ;p

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought the first ep was pretty good.

Very different tone from the other arrowverse shows.

Their concerns about the kids seemed pretty true to life, but you'd have to think that having kids in the first place was wildly irresponsible. I'm going to assume it was an accident ;p
Before the crisis event they only had a newborn Johnathon Kent. Then after the event ended, and the worlds were merged, they ended up with 2 teenage sons.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I had a go at the pilot. I liked it. If they can keep this tone it will keep me watching. But they have to avoid two things for me.

Don't slip into the Woke-abyss (i.e. Supergirl...)
Don't turn into "People... in hallways... talking about their feelings!" (i.e. what happened to Arrow)

My first hot take when seeing the bad guy was...

Hey, why is Superman fighting Master Chief?!?!?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
OK, Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I had a go at the pilot. I liked it. If they can keep this tone it will keep me watching. But they have to avoid two things for me.

Don't slip into the Woke-abyss (i.e. Supergirl...)
Don't turn into "People... in hallways... talking about their feelings!" (i.e. what happened to Arrow)

My first hot take when seeing the bad guy was...

Hey, why is Superman fighting Master Chief?!?!?

After suffering through 20 minutes of Supergirl's first episode, and every other badly formulaic CW shows, this one was a pleasant surprise! Fun to watch, good production values, no real in your face wokeness crap...yet. Hopefully they can stay on track.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Not bad at all.

Funny how the first superman in costume scene has a different, shittier, version of the costume. Glad they fixed it.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Overall a good start...
Then it got to the emo son part, and I was suddenly getting other cw show facepalm flashbacks.... (please don't stray down supergirl's or batwoman's path).
Thankfully that looks like it was resolved and it's just going to be him being an awkward teenager with powers.
Luthor has a suit that flies faster than superman and indestructible to him? he's come a long way, I'd guess it's a future him with the suit and him stating he knows superman very well.

I don't like how fast they resolved the kryptonite scenes, he gets stabbed with it, then pulls it out and recovers before he hits the ground, in all other versions he's been weakened much harder and it took way longer for him to recover from even being close to it not even touching it. So the one thing that is always life threatening to him isn't so much anymore? well it's a good thing that was the last one luthor had I guess, we can just do away with kyptonite weakness now.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't watch it, only the trailer that was posted. Are these the same supes and lois actors from supergirl and the crossovers?

Is superman's mom Teri hatcher?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Overall a good start...
Then it got to the emo son part, and I was suddenly getting other cw show facepalm flashbacks.... (please don't stray down supergirl's or batwoman's path).
Thankfully that looks like it was resolved and it's just going to be him being an awkward teenager with powers.
Luthor has a suit that flies faster than superman and indestructible to him? he's come a long way, I'd guess it's a future him with the suit and him stating he knows superman very well.

I don't like how fast they resolved the kryptonite scenes, he gets stabbed with it, then pulls it out and recovers before he hits the ground, in all other versions he's been weakened much harder and it took way longer for him to recover from even being close to it not even touching it. So the one thing that is always life threatening to him isn't so much anymore? well it's a good thing that was the last one luthor had I guess, we can just do away with kyptonite weakness now.
I'm apparently retarded, where was it revealed that the dude in the suit was Lex Luthor? The kryptonian writing shit sure didnt give me that impression.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Not bad at all.

Funny how the first superman in costume scene has a different, shittier, version of the costume. Glad they fixed it.
For the love of God tell me you're being sarcastic...

I'm apparently retarded, where was it revealed that the dude in the suit was Lex Luthor? The kryptonian writing shit sure didnt give me that impression.
At the very end, when he's back on his ship/base (apparently in some artic type area) and the ship/base computer is talking to him about analysis from the first fight and what needs to be improved/modified on the suit, and it refers to him as either "Captain Luthor" or "Commander Luthor".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Guess i'm in the minority. Didn't enjoy the twins and not feelin' the family theme -- sure it's a cool novelty at first, seeing your favorite hero go through every day shit. Honestly though I dgaf about it and would much rather see a superman show follow some roots of Arrow S1&2.

However I guess we're going to skip past superman's story and focus on more important events. /s

Big arrowverse fan and will continue to tune in, if only to see what happens with Diggle.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Guess i'm in the minority. Didn't enjoy the twins and not feelin' the family theme -- sure it's a cool novelty at first, seeing your favorite hero go through every day shit. Honestly though I dgaf about it and would much rather see a superman show follow some roots of Arrow S1&2.

However I guess we're going to skip past superman's story and focus on more important events. /s

Big arrowverse fan and will continue to tune in, if only to see what happens with Diggle.

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach as the first 2-3 episodes of about any series is going to do a ton of exposition/setup/character establishment. I do agree that we will need to see more "Superman doing Superman shit" v. "Side characters doing their thing" in the long run to really make me happy. It was this balance getting off kilter which was what contributed to killing both Flash and Arrow for me.

And yeah, I mean more than 50% of the time being Supes doing Supes shit, and around 40% or less of time being shared amongst Lois, the twins, Lana, Townies, whatever...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I suspect their goal is to focus much more on the Wonder Twins and Smallville Clark stuff