Survivor

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm also salty over Abi-Maria getting to come back. She was close to NaOnka or Colton as far as horrible people who should've been left behind on the island alone after the season ended.
Abi also got, old spanish ugly.

unlike peih gee (fuck it, i'mma calling her peggy for s32, ya'll better get used to it) who got the asian under60's fountain of youth
s15
S15_Peih-Gee_Law.jpg

and currently
cRyx7ZU.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what Dan has been saying to the media, but it did seem a little uncharacteristic for Jeff to be throwing someone under the bus as much as he was. Way too much time was spent on proving Dan was an asshole (something we already knew from 12 weeks of watching the show) which made Jeff look a little petty and vindictive.
I think you have to piss off Jeff/Survivor pretty badly for them to not only show a scene where the cameras and producers and such are visible but also roll like 3 minutes of it during the reunion show that is already being cut short because of the second chances thing. The good news is that we'll never see Dan on Survivor again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think you have to piss off Jeff/Survivor pretty badly for them to not only show a scene where the cameras and producers and such are visible but also roll like 3 minutes of it during the reunion show that is already being cut short because of the second chances thing. The good news is that we'll never see Dan on Survivor again.
yea that was the most exposed behind the scenes i ever saw, i thought they'd be like 20ft away with a good zoom, nope, they're so close to the castaways you can see the other camera crews feet/shoes in the other shots. They're practically hovering over Dan when he's like "momma's a whore!"

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
should have been Shane over him... Spencer didn't play well at all during his season, he just got a major underdog edit
I really think people overestimate how great of a player Spencer is. He's definitely been a solid player and you could make the argument that he's never had the numbers to be great, but great players figure out a way to work against the numbers. Russel was outnumbered as hell, yet pretty much ran the game by playing off of other people's weaknesses.
My quote is during his season when everybody was on his nuts. He's way too impulsive and not nearly aggressive enough to be a great player.

If Joe can tighten up his social game this time, he could be an amazing player. Solid at challenges, likeable, soft-spoken, non-impulsive, etc. My only fear is that he's just too laid back to ever make the push from good to great.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They'll vote Joe off before the merge.
pretty much a good call, there's no way you'd let an ozzy go into a merge where he can play a relaxed social game and go on an immunity streak. Unless they're all starving and he's the only one getting food.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
pretty much a good call, there's no way you'd let an ozzy go into a merge where he can play a relaxed social game and go on an immunity streak. Unless they're all starving and he's the only one getting food.
This is an aspect of gameplay I really wish we'd see brought back. It really doesn't matter if you're the "provider" anymore. They are given the perfect amount of rations and if your tribe sucks and doesn't ration properly, you typically just get more rice/beans anyhow. Plus, there are a ton of food rewards now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm wondering if that new show The Island (I think) is going to be like Survivor if they actually had to survive. Or will it just be shitty. I don't know.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This one?The Island with Bear Grylls (TV Series 2014??" ) - IMDb

The 2nd season just ended and it's a lot more "survival" than Survivor. It's basically plopping a bunch of people on an island and saying "good luck." Then again, it's Bear Grylls so how real is anyone's guess. I enjoyed it well enough, though. Didn't watch the first season.
The makers of Bear Grylls's hit show The Island have denied using fakery despite shipping in water and a wide range of animals for contestants to hunt and eat.
Channel 4 claims that in the second series of the hit show its 28 participants must 'fight for survival' using 'the hunter gatherer skills of our ancestors' - with Mr Grylls claiming it was 'hell on earth'.
Yet producers released extra pigs, iguanas and crocodiles to eat as well as a specially-lined pool full of drinking water, while additional coconuts were even left on the beaches.
Bear Grylls name = shit and anything he produces and makes.

I'm not saying survivor is on the up and up, we all know it isn't but come on.

they're doing the same shit for s2, they're making an artificial pool and filling it with water for them to drink out of.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, but I think Jeff failed to consider that a lot of people weren't following exit interviews and knew what Dan was saying to the press. For as big of a fan as I am of the show, I didn't. So, Jeff game off as vindictive and petty rather than protective of the show. I couldn't help but feel a little on Dan's side since it looked like Jeff was going overboard to prove Dan wrong on something that seemed mostly irrelevant.

My quote is during his season when everybody was on his nuts. He's way too impulsive and not nearly aggressive enough to be a great player.
I think Spencer proved that he knows the game well. He made mistakes in his season, but he was also working from a disadvantage pretty much from day one due to the tribe he was stuck with. He was almost constantly on the defensive and never had the numbers on his side. Second time around, he might do a little better, especially considering pre-game alliances will be in play. I also could see him flying under the radar for a bit since he's not likely to be viewed as an untrustworthy player like Kass, a physical threat like Terry, and likely not as much of a social threat like Stephen Fishbach.

Jenn was the best thing to come off of this season, with all due respect to Mike & Joe. It is just too bad that she didn't appear to actually enjoy the experience. I would have loved to see her come back.
They just need to have a season where they prop Jenn up somewhere with Courtney Yates like Statler and Waldorf and have them trash talk players all season long.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I think Spencer proved that he knows the game well. He made mistakes in his season, but he was also working from a disadvantage pretty much from day one due to the tribe he was stuck with. He was almost constantly on the defensive and never had the numbers on his side. Second time around, he might do a little better, especially considering pre-game alliances will be in play. I also could see him flying under the radar for a bit since he's not likely to be viewed as an untrustworthy player like Kass, a physical threat like Terry, and likely not as much of a social threat like Stephen Fishbach.
There's no way him and Tasha aren't voted off almost instantly due to a pre-show alliance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, but I think Jeff failed to consider that a lot of people weren't following exit interviews and knew what Dan was saying to the press. For as big of a fan as I am of the show, I didn't. So, Jeff game off as vindictive and petty rather than protective of the show. I couldn't help but feel a little on Dan's side since it looked like Jeff was going overboard to prove Dan wrong on something that seemed mostly irrelevant.
I agree. And as much as I disliked Dan, I have to at least respect the fact that he basically just came straight out and said "Hey, I fucked up" instead of just denying everything. The worst part was that it was after his initial apology that Jeff went even harder at it and showed the unedited clip. Then, once again, Dan was like "Yeah, I get it. Apparently I remembered the situation wrong and I take full blame for what I said." And yet, Jeff still kept laying it on.

But then with Will, Jeff just kind of gave him a free pass even after Will was all "Fuck this bitch still, but I apologize to her family" at the reunion.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I agree. And as much as I disliked Dan, I have to at least respect the fact that he basically just came straight out and said "Hey, I fucked up" instead of just denying everything. The worst part was that it was after his initial apology that Jeff went even harder at it and showed the unedited clip. Then, once again, Dan was like "Yeah, I get it. Apparently I remembered the situation wrong and I take full blame for what I said." And yet, Jeff still kept laying it on.

But then with Will, Jeff just kind of gave him a free pass even after Will was all "Fuck this bitch still, but I apologize to her family" at the reunion.
what Jeff did was be the woman, he singled out 5minutes of conversation out of 21 days, he basically was talking like a bitch "u rememba, dat time you said dat, 20 days ago? well yous wrong, yo!"

Then he's trying to be all sassy, "i gots da video!"

Their job for 39 days is to survive, try to get some sleep, do a stupid rinky dink challenge for 2hours and then just talk,talk,talk.

Am i defending Dan? no, but i can surely agree after 39days of almost straight game talk, he'd misremember something, probably everything.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Bear Grylls name = shit and anything he produces and makes.

I'm not saying survivor is on the up and up, we all know it isn't but come on.

they're doing the same shit for s2, they're making an artificial pool and filling it with water for them to drink out of.
They can't have people dying on TV...yet. It'l be Russia or some Slavic country that has the first "Hunger Games" I bet haha.

I enjoy the stuff Bear puts out, it serves it's own purpose. Sure, his fictional survival stigma is there, but you can watch Les Stroud for that if you need full-on survival.

Even if you fill the pool, you can't make people drink. Lots of asshattery goes on in this recent season of The Island With, and proves surviving isn't as easy as these guys show.

While not exactly the same genre, they feel very similar at times. The people do loads more "surviving" on Bear's show for sure, lots more.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ugh this island survivor show is such bullshit, they separate it into men island woman island.

somehow men who have had 2 days of survival training are able to lay a rope trap and catch a big ass croc overnight. (i think the producers just brought in a croc and tied the rope around it's neck) why? cuz ppl love to see, animals killed when ppl are hungry.

somehow for the women 2 of the cutest piglets just wander around. then these piglets wander around camp like they were domesticated animals. then after the women move camp to another beach, they leave these piglets behind, b/c they didn't want to kill em and they couldn't take em. somehow these little piglets decided to follow these women to a new camp and abandon the phantom mother. what happened to the piglets after 6 days of being faithful cute pets?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You leave out the fact that the women were fucking retards and split up, and then wandered in circles through the jungle for like 3 days. Oh, and they neglected to bring water.

I didn't realize that they were doing a US version of the show, and that's what you all were talking about.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You leave out the fact that the women were fucking retards and split up, and then wandered in circles through the jungle for like 3 days. Oh, and they neglected to bring water.

I didn't realize that they were doing a US version of the show, and that's what you all were talking about.
no, i'm talking about the british one, i just focus'd on them "magically" trapping food, i didn't focus on the women with their awesome innate direction skills.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Why did you watch so much of the series if you didn't like it?

Who cares if they were given a croc to eat. Its a group of eight or nine guys, so they get one good meal out of a 30+ day stint given to them?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A recent episode showed the women were starving hungry, and 1 girl caught a tiny fish, then all of a sudden a boat just happened to pass by, and he graciously threw her a big ass fish enough for the women to eat.

Also somehow the women are master trappers, pigs magically appear in the traps they set. these are the same women who rely on 1 piece of twine to hold up their fire shelter and get eaten by insects b/c they can't build elevated beds.

On the mens side a cameraman was being hated by all the men, cuz he's an ass. to save face, he decided to fish with a net, where it has failed all other times. magically once he decided to leave the net out, fish started to appear in the net, now they love the cameraman and the fish he brings in.

about the only real thing i saw was a cameraman getting busted up by wave cuz he was dumb enough to think he could wall climb around a rock.