SWTOR

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Coming back to this after maybe 8-9 yrs? and playing with kids who were too young to get into it at release. Having fun so far. Is there anyway to convert via awards the gambling rewards into credits?

Not in any meaningful way, they are all bind on Legacy (all characters on the server), so you can only sell them to vendors for credits, once the refund timer wears off. The mounts probably vendor for 25k credits, which is nothing (I think you can make 1 mil+ doing daily heroics).

Of all the rewards, the Cartel Certificates are the most useful items, as you can use them to buy stuff (cosmetic) that was, formerly, only acquired though the online store (vendors are in the bazaar on Fleet).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea I like the cartel certificates, but to use them you need faction. The faction is easy to get but they limit the amount you can get per week. Of all the bad ideas in this game this is the worst. I think 12000 is the limit and just getting from champion to legend on any faction is 30k.

• 1Solidarity

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Single player games just can't seem to hold my interest so figured i might try this again. Loved the ranked PVP so many years ago but no one would ever fight us in ranked so we all quit, is the player base at a decent level?

Started downloading and jfc why so slow? Turned on P2P in the settings and disabled BR and deleted asset/movie folders and a BR indivudal folder (didn't see a BR folder?). But still not helping.

Initial part of the game was only downloading around 7 MB/s for me and now that the big 28 Gig chunk started was between 1-3 mb.....running wired with speeds of 500-700 MB/s....fucking even normal steam downloads run 100+ for me with their crappy shit.

Always mained a sniper for ranked pvp, still a solid class? I had 2 accounts I boxed for whatever reason, 1 seems to be gone but interested to see if my 2nd one has anything on it. Couldn't remember if I sold it or not since it was pretty top end. If i'm going to give it a good few months since i'm fucking desperate for something with a tiny abit of longevity, is the sub worth it? Is there any P2W aspect now days or mainly just convience/cosmetics?

Burns

Single player games just can't seem to hold my interest so figured i might try this again. Loved the ranked PVP so many years ago but no one would ever fight us in ranked so we all quit, is the player base at a decent level?

Started downloading and jfc why so slow? Turned on P2P in the settings and disabled BR and deleted asset/movie folders and a BR indivudal folder (didn't see a BR folder?). But still not helping.

Initial part of the game was only downloading around 7 MB/s for me and now that the big 28 Gig chunk started was between 1-3 mb.....running wired with speeds of 500-700 MB/s....fucking even normal steam downloads run 100+ for me with their crappy shit.

Always mained a sniper for ranked pvp, still a solid class? I had 2 accounts I boxed for whatever reason, 1 seems to be gone but interested to see if my 2nd one has anything on it. Couldn't remember if I sold it or not since it was pretty top end. If i'm going to give it a good few months since i'm fucking desperate for something with a tiny abit of longevity, is the sub worth it? Is there any P2W aspect now days or mainly just convience/cosmetics?

I dont recall having slow downloads, but then, I just let it run while I slept.

As for Sniper, Virulence is rather good atm (for PvE at least), you can find 6.0 guide for most specs on Vulkk.

PTW is a little tricky, everything that's on the Cartel Market (CM) can be bought on the AH. 99% of it, is stuff like cosmetics, race unlocks, 3rd trade skill slot, etc., but I dont think you can equip the best gear w/o a sub or an unlock off the CM/AH.

Buying things from AH can be a pain, as the current credit cap for Ftp is 1 mil, but your Legacy has a bank now, that can store as much as you want.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The power of the force is insignificant next to the power of makeup
makeup00.jpg
makeup01.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Err so i got a sub, made a lvl 60 thinking i could level up hopefully just doing alot of pvp which is my main focus of coming back to play. Got pissed off as they wanted me to do some stupid story tutorial to finish unlocking abilities before i could que for pvp. Deleted that character so i could use his name and went to make a 70. At some point in time beyond my understanding the server got switched and I made the lvl 70 on the euro server. Once i noticed this morning I deleted and i must have blind but could have swore it said deleting will credit my boost back....negative ghost rider.

Went to make a 70 on the US server and both my fucking boosts are gone lol. So...guess that i means i have to level from the start unless I want to waste more money and buy a boost? If there pvp at lower levels then i'm down to clown to re-learn the basics as its been 8 years (?) but probably be way faster to just be 70 and suffer for a few weeks while I relearn at end game pvp. Maybe i'll do a shadow to level up and slaughter casuals and then max lvl a sniper if i am still enjoying the game. Hate fucking space games, hate fucking star wars but definitely loved the pvp when i played back in the day, probably the 1st game to truly get me more into pvp vs the 11 years of hardcore PVE raiding in all the games prior.

I never played Black Dessert, would that be a better alternative to look at? I don't mind a little P2W aspect as long its not retarded, have plenty of disposable income that i don't mind "investing" if required but ultimately looking for some good pvp with ranked end game and some solid PVE if i get the itch. Sad that i think this might be my best option....hate WOW and FFXIV is fun game that i played with the wife unfortunately you just can't progress in the game if you are playing with someone when they are gone which i'll have 5X the playtime of the time of the wife. Plus FFXIV feels like its so cookie cutter and on tracks. Boss fights were always awesome but gearing felt so unrewarding and no build variation etc.

Save me and tell me there is a MMO i'm forgeting about before i jump into this hot mess.....bought like a $500 backer with Crowfall way way back when it was announced but definitely not the game i was hoping for so thats out. AOC is my long term hope so grabbed a $150 backer for that just in case. Hated GW2 for some reason and EQ1 is just too painful to go back. Vanguard WRU :(

• 1Seriously?

Burns

Err so i got a sub, made a lvl 60 thinking i could level up hopefully just doing alot of pvp which is my main focus of coming back to play. Got pissed off as they wanted me to do some stupid story tutorial to finish unlocking abilities before i could que for pvp. Deleted that character so i could use his name and went to make a 70. At some point in time beyond my understanding the server got switched and I made the lvl 70 on the euro server. Once i noticed this morning I deleted and i must have blind but could have swore it said deleting will credit my boost back....negative ghost rider.

Went to make a 70 on the US server and both my fucking boosts are gone lol. So...guess that i means i have to level from the start unless I want to waste more money and buy a boost? If there pvp at lower levels then i'm down to clown to re-learn the basics as its been 8 years (?) but probably be way faster to just be 70 and suffer for a few weeks while I relearn at end game pvp. Maybe i'll do a shadow to level up and slaughter casuals and then max lvl a sniper if i am still enjoying the game. Hate fucking space games, hate fucking star wars but definitely loved the pvp when i played back in the day, probably the 1st game to truly get me more into pvp vs the 11 years of hardcore PVE raiding in all the games prior.

I never played Black Dessert, would that be a better alternative to look at? I don't mind a little P2W aspect as long its not retarded, have plenty of disposable income that i don't mind "investing" if required but ultimately looking for some good pvp with ranked end game and some solid PVE if i get the itch. Sad that i think this might be my best option....hate WOW and FFXIV is fun game that i played with the wife unfortunately you just can't progress in the game if you are playing with someone when they are gone which i'll have 5X the playtime of the time of the wife. Plus FFXIV feels like its so cookie cutter and on tracks. Boss fights were always awesome but gearing felt so unrewarding and no build variation etc.

Save me and tell me there is a MMO i'm forgetting about before i jump into this hot mess.....bought like a $500 backer with Crowfall way way back when it was announced but definitely not the game i was hoping for so thats out. AOC is my long term hope so grabbed a $150 backer for that just in case. Hated GW2 for some reason and EQ1 is just too painful to go back. Vanguard WRU :(

There are various conditions that disable the refunding of your boost tokens. I don't remember the specifics, but if they are done on a boosted character, they cant be refunded. You can always try to petition EAoware, and tell them you didnt read carefully enough. It took them ~5 days to answer a petition, a couple weeks ago, for me.

You can disable the tutorial unlocking abilities somewhere in the options.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok thanks! Will start a assiasin i guess from scratch while i wait to hear back on my ticket. Also i came back to no char's on my account....did/do they allow moving chars from other accounts? I had really high end so maybe sold but have no idea. Or is it a possible bug? Had 2 accounts and 1 there is no trace of my display name/email and the other is empty so guessing i must have sold and they transfered off or something if thats possible?

Starting on SF if any one is starting up for whatever reason. On xFangz and will be pvp'ing with the scrubs! If i get stuck leveling up, is there much risk buying some credits from RMT or they not really monitor that much?

Burns

Ok thanks! Will start a assiasin i guess from scratch while i wait to hear back on my ticket. Also i came back to no char's on my account....did/do they allow moving chars from other accounts? I had really high end so maybe sold but have no idea. Or is it a possible bug? Had 2 accounts and 1 there is no trace of my display name/email and the other is empty so guessing i must have sold and they transfered off or something if thats possible?

Starting on SF if any one is starting up for whatever reason. On xFangz and will be pvp'ing with the scrubs! If i get stuck leveling up, is there much risk buying some credits from RMT or they not really monitor that much?

I vaguely recall seeing server transfers, the previous time I played ~4 years ago, so they probably had ways to move characters from account to account.

With the influx of steam people, low level PvP brackets might be fine, but if you need a pve option, spamming Hammer Station flashpoint is the recommended grind for leveling to 70 (when I looked up speed leveling), outside of questing. At 70+, the Onslaught story quests are going to be the fastest leveling, by far.

I dont know how well they police RMT, but the people are spamming that shit like crazy on the lowbie planets. IMO, since you can buy Cartel Market items with dollars, and then list them on the auction house, that 3rd part sites aren't worth the risk. If you go to the cartel market, you can sort items by coin price, the 3 or 4 most expensive light sabers sell for 100-250 million credits and a few of the gear sets, such as Malgus Reborn armor set, sell for over 100m. Other various things might move faster, such as boost tokens, and the token to level a companion to 50.

Also, if you need a mount, this is from Reddit (only 1 still working): NYCANTINA19
"Free Pet, Mount and Flair Codes: Go to Star Wars: The Old Republic | Log in Enter these codes seperately to get some free mounts and pets! NYCANTINA19. Note these codes eventually expire, but we don't know when."

Burns

So, they sent me an extra 500 cartel coins today, even though I am no longer a sub. I used one of the "recruit a friend" 7 days of premium trial code of some rando on reddit, so I guess it counted as a renewal, since I was still premium after 30 days.

Another trick, for using the referral codes with F2P: If you have an old account with lots of money, the 7 day access lets you move all your credits, that are over the F2P cap, into the Legacy bank (to use 1 mil at a time) without paying a monthly sub (90 day cooldown on reusing a code). I guess one could also save up a bunch of high level gear, and use the 7 days to equip it and gear toons up to max, as well.

As for the RAF, anyone with an active sub can give a code, and there are people advertising, in game, about paying for using their code. I have no idea if they actually ever send the credits, after the code is used (I have seen 1 dude, in particular, getting called out as a scammer in general chat). Here is mine, if someone just wants a code, but my sub ends in a day or two, and the code with it: Refer a Friend | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Last edited:

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I vaguely recall seeing server transfers, the previous time I played ~4 years ago, so they probably had ways to move characters from account to account.

With the influx of steam people, low level PvP brackets might be fine, but if you need a pve option, spamming Hammer Station flashpoint is the recommended grind for leveling to 70 (when I looked up speed leveling), outside of questing. At 70+, the Onslaught story quests are going to be the fastest leveling, by far.

I dont know how well they police RMT, but the people are spamming that shit like crazy on the lowbie planets. IMO, since you can buy Cartel Market items with dollars, and then list them on the auction house, that 3rd part sites aren't worth the risk. If you go to the cartel market, you can sort items by coin price, the 3 or 4 most expensive light sabers sell for 100-250 million credits and a few of the gear sets, such as Malgus Reborn armor set, sell for over 100m. Other various things might move faster, such as boost tokens, and the token to level a companion to 50.

Also, if you need a mount, this is from Reddit (only 1 still working): NYCANTINA19
"Free Pet, Mount and Flair Codes: Go to Star Wars: The Old Republic | Log in Enter these codes seperately to get some free mounts and pets! NYCANTINA19. Note these codes eventually expire, but we don't know when."

Thanks, so i dont have to do the actual quest line (have zero fucking interest)? Can just spam FP's until i get to the newer shit?

Burns

Thanks, so i dont have to do the actual quest line (have zero fucking interest)? Can just spam FP's until i get to the newer shit?

I think you need level 10, maybe 15, to do hammer station. Once you get to somewhere in the 50s, I have read that stealth classes (with a level 50 influence companion) can quickly solo Red Reaper flashpoint as well, but I didn't try that. For group finder, the button is on your mini map, btw.

Last edited:

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The refer a friend thing is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it works and gives full subscriber credit and sometimes is does not. Just remember it has a 90 day cool down from the time it expires and you cannot use the same friends code twice. So here is mine for future use of folks. Once you subscribe grab the link from your account info and post is so folks can use them in the future too.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Those boost are setup pretty dumb too. They even sell one on market that is different, and just levels you, doesn't affect your story/choices ect. The freebies essentially fuck up your character, unless like above, you just want to do pvp/fuck around. Little scammy shit like that always grinds my gears.

I think the real reason I have fun with this game, is it feels different than your average MMO due to the sci-fi window dressing. I'm so fucking sick of elves, orcs & magic worlds. I'd kill for a decent AAA sci-fi MMO.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

If it had a working engine that could handle even 2015 era graphics and a better release ("launch" patch features literally didn't come out til the following April) it would have done far better. I don't dislike how the game works i hate how it runs and what they are forced to do with it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'd love to fix some of their problems and update them to DX11. The mouse accel / speed problem would be the first thing I'd fix.

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Here's the official "you are back to being a poor person" screen
20200808174008_1.jpg

I think I had spent smedbucks here and there to overcome some of these limitations, like I think I bought an unlock to use artifact equipment etc.

I'll play a bit like this and report my findings.

Malakriss

If I had known years ago that account-level unlocks that were put up for the max credit cap of the original preferred limitation (like 350k) would sell for 20-150M I would have stocked up.