SWTOR

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
gimme.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm so far it isn't too bad. I ranked up renown, got some upgrades. I think there might be a limit on the number of flashpoints you can do, but I haven't seen it indicated anywhere yet.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Maxed out my crafting, but I need slicing shit on top of stuff from my other gather skills, annoying. Guess it doesn't matter yet as I haven't even bothered checking where my schematics actually come from. I seem to remember getting tons of them from FP's years ago, haven't gotten back into FP's yet though.

Heroics are easy to do, and if there's a champ they seem to drop blue quality items 99% of the time for me. Seems to be my fastest way to grind renown so far, and frequent chances at upgrades. Cash is good too. I dunno about anyone else, but I don't use disintegrate on the renown screen, I use the crafting mats one, much more rewarding than a puny 2000 renown. Get jawa type mats, which you can buy crafting mats with I think, and tech frags.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
One of you told me about this earlier. Right click that craft bag gem and you can stow your underworld trading stuff in there! Saved me a whole tab on my legacy storage. <3

tip.jpg

Did you want an invite to my small insignificant guild o tip giver whose name I forget? Or any of you others?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
If anyone has a lower level char and want to spam warzones i'll be on all night and most of tomorrow. Currently lvl 22 on my sniper just relearning game but doing solid. Once i hit 26 think i'll go lethality or whatever they changed it to. Seems so many fucking tanks every where so poison/cull combo to shred seems smart.

xturbo is ingame name

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
One of you told me about this earlier. Right click that craft bag gem and you can stow your underworld trading stuff in there! Saved me a whole tab on my legacy storage. <3

View attachment 291389

Did you want an invite to my small insignificant guild o tip giver whose name I forget? Or any of you others?
Yeah mats stash is great, I had a stash full of crafting junk before, so was nice to clear it out, so I can packrat other shit. Even saves your crafted mats, which is what took up a bunch of my space before.

I think you are on the other NA server, or I'd join. A little too invested to start fresh. I don't imagine there was a free transfer?

That being said, I'd be down for starting a guild if there is a few people interested for one on Starforge, Imperial side, I'll pay for the fees. Newbie guild isn't as beneficial as a leveled one with perks/members, but the idea of grinding out a new one is kinda appealing. I don't care either way.

Isn't setting up a guild pretty time consuming/expensive in the end though? Like getting flagship, leveling ect? I'm not that bloody rich.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think the ships are 15 million. We had a rich person buy one. I made a special rank for him called Oil Prince haha.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If people would pay the outrageous price i ask for some old hypercrates I'd be well off.

Prices are going up on a few things, the influx of people is increasing demand.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
so are all the expensive things essentially just purely cosmetic? Like seeing shit for 120M credits....meh, alittle cosmetics i can understand but when the entire economy is built around this shit kind of lack luster.

Burns

Maxed out my crafting, but I need slicing shit on top of stuff from my other gather skills, annoying. Guess it doesn't matter yet as I haven't even bothered checking where my schematics actually come from. I seem to remember getting tons of them from FP's years ago, haven't gotten back into FP's yet though.

Heroics are easy to do, and if there's a champ they seem to drop blue quality items 99% of the time for me. Seems to be my fastest way to grind renown so far, and frequent chances at upgrades. Cash is good too. I dunno about anyone else, but I don't use disintegrate on the renown screen, I use the crafting mats one, much more rewarding than a puny 2000 renown. Get jawa type mats, which you can buy crafting mats with I think, and tech frags.

For tradeskills, I dont think you can reverse engineer any of the level 75 stuff, or make 306 mods. Afaik, the only thing (in regards to player power) tradeskills are good for are consumables (dont know costs) and 286 Augments (that go in the augment slot, at the bottom of armor/main hand/off hand). They cost 600k+ credits, just for the mats to make 1, and you need 14.

For cosmetics, I think there might be some skill level 601+ patterns you can buy from the rando vendor listed below, but I never looked into what they are.

Somewhat related for anyone with an old character: They removed the ability to reverse engineer color crystals years ago. So, if you reverse engineered a purple/black raid color crystals, way back when, you can probably sell them for 100k+ each.

so are all the expensive things essentially just purely cosmetic? Like seeing shit for 120M credits....meh, alittle cosmetics i can understand but when the entire economy is built around this shit kind of lack luster.

The level 75 set gear is 1 million each, from the normal vendor. You need 6 set pieces, 1 "Amplified Champion" piece (usually belt), and 1 tactical, for a total of 8 million credits and 24,000 tech fragments, if you don't have any luck with drops.

Bonus rando Vendor (Kai Zyken) for set item/Tactical:​
He is in the cubby next to the primary set vendors, and has a rolling random selection, only avalable Thursday/Friday - Sunday (I think it is). The costs are 1000 tech fragments instead of 3000, but still 1 mil credits.​

Re-rolling the 1 Amplified Champion item, and Armoring/hilt/barrel for the proper "Amplifier" (Tech Wizardry, Periodic Intensity, Force Harmony, etc.) can get stupid expensive. It is, mostly, not worth it, unless you have credits to burn.

For a while, I would reroll every 306 armoring/hilt/barrel that dropped inside an item, 3 times and then shred it, if it failed to get what I want. Those 3 rerolls costs ~65,000 credits (It keeps getting more expensive, for every reroll), and then ~75,000 credits to remove it from the gear if it was artifact or legendary level. Never reroll anything outside of whats listed above, as it doesn't increase player power.

Last edited:

Burns

Easiest way I found to make credits is:
  1. Get character to ~670+ slicing
  2. Get Companion to 40+ influence (level 50 has ~50% chance to crit mission)
  3. Run the slicing mission "Off the Radar" (Takes 9 min with level 50 comp)
  4. Get criticals on said mission (it gives a random, tradeable, special mission for various trades)
  5. Have enough alts so you have at least 1 of each trade skill at 601+
  6. Run said mission with a 40+ influence comp (or sell them for much less profitss)
  7. Crit mission and get 1-6 legendary embers (level 50 comp still has ~50 crit rate)
  8. Sell said legendary ember crafting mats for ~600k a pop.

None of the characters need to be level 75. With 6 toons over 670 slicing, I made 250+ million credits in 3 weeks doing this. If I wanted to spend a bunch of time grinding it, by constantly rotating characters, to keep the mission rolling, it could have been much more.

Easy level 50 companions:
As stated earlier in the thread, Jawa parts can buy comp gifts for all the robots in game, and Darth Hexor (account wide reward for 50 LFG flashponts).

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Easiest way I found to make credits is:
  1. Get character to ~670+ slicing
  2. Get Companion to 40+ infuence (level 50 has ~50% chance to crit mission)
  3. Run mission "Off the Radar" (Takes 9 min with level 50 comp)
  4. Get criticals on said mission (it gives a random, tradeable, special mission for various trades)
  5. Have enough alts so you have at least 1 of each trade skill at 601+
  6. Run said mission with a 40+ influence comp (or sell them for much less profitss)
  7. Crit mission and get 1-6 legendary embers (level 50 comp still has ~50 crit rate)
  8. Sell said legendary ember crafting mats for ~600k a pop.

None of the characters need to be level 75. With 6 toons over 670 slicing, I made 250+ million credits in 3 weeks doing this. If I wanted to spend a bunch of time grinding it, by constantly rotating characters, to keep the mission rolling, it could have been much more.

Easy level 50 companions:
As stated earlier in the thread, Jawa parts can buy comp gifts for all the robots in game, and Darth Hexor (account wide reward for 50 LFG flashponts).

Question about slicing parts now. I noticed the purple quality parts from slicing seem to supplement a lot of OTHER crafting skills, like mods/enhancements etc. Which is somewhat frustrating but I get they're trying to make some weird attempt at the crew skills be self-contained. Is there anything slicing goes with that IS self contained for crafting purples?

I like making shit for myself but i get hooked on making the purple mods or whatever and it always needs slicing. But I also need to be underworld trading or treasure hunting etc. To craft that item too. So its like a 4th skill that's needed.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Faggotry

Burns

Question about slicing parts now. I noticed the purple quality parts from slicing seem to supplement a lot of OTHER crafting skills, like mods/enhancements etc. Which is somewhat frustrating but I get they're trying to make some weird attempt at the crew skills be self-contained. Is there anything slicing goes with that IS self contained for crafting purples?

I like making shit for myself but i get hooked on making the purple mods or whatever and it always needs slicing. But I also need to be underworld trading or treasure hunting etc. To craft that item too. So its like a 4th skill that's needed.

Slicing is a gathering skill that they turned into a requirement for almost all production trades (purple recipes). I think they did this, to keep slicing relevant, when they nerfed lockboxes down to barely break even status, when using a 50 influence comp.

You could try the AH for the green, and maybe the blue quality, but I think purple is over priced for most tiers, when I went to sell my low level mats. What server are you on and what level mats? I probably have a bunch of green mats sitting around.

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Slicing is a gathering skill, so it uses nothing but credits. You could try the AH for the green, and maybe the blue quality, but I think purple is over priced for most tiers, when I went to sell my low level mats. What server are you on and what level mats? I probably have a bunch of green mats sitting around.

I don't need the greens. Basically my supply built up on one server over years. Playing around on another so I don't have the same stockpile. and yes, the purple is definitely overpriced, but necessary to make said item. That's the reason why I was asking, because SOME (not all) crew skills don't require a 4th skill to support making a purple variant.

So I'm wondering if clicing/cybertech/scavenging makes it's own purples or not kind of thing. Instead of lets say, Artifice, needing archaeology, underworld trading, AND slicing as the 4th to make a purple hilt.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Faggotry

Burns

I don't need the greens. Basically my supply built up on one server over years. Playing around on another so I don't have the same stockpile. and yes, the purple is definitely overpriced, but necessary to make said item. That's the reason why I was asking, because SOME (not all) crew skills don't require a 4th skill to support making a purple variant.

So I'm wondering if clicing/cybertech/scavenging makes it's own purples or not kind of thing. Instead of lets say, Artifice, needing archaeology, underworld trading, AND slicing as the 4th to make a purple hilt.

Yea, sorry, I reread your comment, then edited my post, but you were too fast!

Edit2: I didnt look through all the recipes, but I think its pretty universal, that you need purple slicing mats somewhere, in every production trade.

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yea, sorry, I reread your comment, then edited my post, but you were too fast!

Edit2: I didnt look through all the recipes, but I think its pretty universal, that you need purple slicing mats somewhere in every trade.

That's kind of what I figured. somewhat lame but appreciate the confirmation.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Faggotry

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Good morning, Rude Rude - Didn't sleep well? You seem to be going at it pretty hard with the reaction bombing. Should try to get some more sleep if you're cranky.

• 2Faggotry

Malakriss

I reverse engineered a relic up to the purple 286 level and.. that already requires 8 conquest mats. WTF it's like 4 steps from 306 still.

For slicing I believe if you get Resourceful amplifiers on your gear and manually gather boxes you have a much improved chance to get a crafting mission as well. Better than sending a single lockbox mission. Note that EVERY one of those wealthy mission unlocks has a chance for 1-5 legendary embers, even gathering ones.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
What is the "reroll" thing about? I don't remember seeing that anywhere?

It's the amplifiers I think. you can reroll those so instead of +2% to some crew skill you don't have. you can get bonus damage or a bonus to a crew skill you do have, etc. and it has tiers from green to legendary I believe.

• 2Faggotry