SWTOR

Yep, thanks
wink.png

Star Wars: The Old Republic | Log in

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I have like 4300 cartel coins saved up while inactive, is there anything cool to get for downloading and playing F2P for a bit or should I sub for a month (12x xp I know)? Any must haves for subs that can be gotten with the 4300 coins?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have like 4300 cartel coins saved up while inactive, is there anything cool to get for downloading and playing F2P for a bit or should I sub for a month (12x xp I know)? Any must haves for subs that can be gotten with the 4300 coins?
Rocket boots are a must buy. Treek a maybe but I've never used here and I've been fine with the default healer companions, although I may buy her next time I play since I have extra coins. I don't think the F2P model for swtor is worth it and would recommend playing with a sub. You can unlock some extra hotbars but theres a 350k cash limit which can't be unlocked. There's a f2p chart from reddit that has a lot of info. I personally don't think it's worth playing the game without a sub since you can't even unlock everything for f2p. I think the game should be called free to try.

f2p - swtor

Arterial

N00b
Rocket boots are a must buy. Treek a maybe but I've never used here and I've been fine with the default healer companions, although I may buy her next time I play since I have extra coins. I don't think the F2P model for swtor is worth it and would recommend playing with a sub. You can unlock some extra hotbars but theres a 350k cash limit which can't be unlocked. There's a f2p chart from reddit that has a lot of info. I personally don't think it's worth playing the game without a sub since you can't even unlock everything for f2p. I think the game should be called free to try.

f2p - swtor
I agree, don't bother playing w/o a sub, use my referral link for a 7 day sub and a few perks and a free server transfer

Refer a Friend | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Rocket boots are a must buy. Treek a maybe but I've never used here and I've been fine with the default healer companions, although I may buy her next time I play since I have extra coins.
Treek is awesome but she can kill the fun as she removes any conversation/banter with your normal campaign companion during questlines. But she's a fucking beast otherwise.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The expansion was very thin content wise, hopefully they are done with alot of this QoL content and they can actually start making some playable content

Moon I made an operative on Ebon Hawk, do you still play? Im 57, trying to get to VR 40 before i hit 60
Yes, but sort of in a lull before 3.2 hits. Been playing my lowbie Assassin with my wife. Hit me up on Triggle.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Are there any deals for returning players? I had an old E-Mail that seemed like a good offer to come back, but it expired.

sukik

Amazon still has the bundle the swtor offered to returning players during the promo a few weeks ago:

Amazon Exclusive Offer:
The SWTOR Bundle includes the base game, Shadow of Revan expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, 60-day time card, and 2400 Cartel Coins. Play the game with all the gear and equipment you need to get off to a fast start. At $39.99, save 40% off the retail price when you purchase the all in one bundle.
Amazon.com: SWTOR Amazon STAR WARS Bundle Pack [Online Game Code]: Video Games

sukik

I'm pretty sure you can from reading these exchanges in the FAQ, it's just a code that you apply to your account through your account page on the SWTOR webpage.

If I already have the Shadow of Revan can I still use this promo code?
asked by Marco on April 4, 2015

Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
Yes, you can still use the code to get the slightly discounted Game Time and Cartel Coins. Even if you have the expansion already, you can still use it. I did and I preordered the expansion day one.
Joshua answered on April 4, 2015

You can.. you just get 2 months of the game time & 2400 CC at a reduced cost
Subhash answered on April 7, 2015

Yes i did.
Zee answered on April 7, 2015

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The last time I tried the game (Dread Masters raid?) it still had the phantom attack bug where 1 in 4 attacks wouldn't go off if you mashed too often. I believe they claimed they fixed it a week or so after I cancelled.

Despite that I still found it best to play my Merc BH with an autoit macro doing most of my bland whack-a-mole rotation for me. A few shots to get things going, then hold a button down until unload procs.

Oh, and hit detection for moving out of red was still AWFUL, even in small group instances. You didn't just move out of the red - you kept fucking running until it was done.

I think I'd have enjoyed it for more than a month if I actually had joined any sort of guild. It didn't help that the HK quest was one of the worst experiences I've had in all of gaming, and the new daily area was hard as balls for most dps. Also I think I went broke and wasn't generating any credits. Oh, and if you joined a raid that can't get past the first boss, you were locked to that instance for the week. I have no idea if any of this is any different now.