SWTOR

DavivMcD

Peasant
Ok, so do you get your companions back at the end of Chapter 9 or what? The way they made it sound was that you'd be able to make choices that would determine if a couple of your companions left or died. What the reality seems like, is that ALL of your companions leave no matter what, a couple companions are upgraded to 'story characters' and all classes get them, and then at the end there are like 4-5 companions (COMBINED, FROM ALL CLASSES) that you can recruit back doing stupid grindy shit. Is that really the way it works? So it's 'fuck you' if you had a favorite companion and maxed their influence out before starting Fallen Empire, you need to pick a new favorite from the new companions now?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Ok, so do you get your companions back at the end of Chapter 9 or what? The way they made it sound was that you'd be able to make choices that would determine if a couple of your companions left or died. What the reality seems like, is that ALL of your companions leave no matter what, a couple companions are upgraded to 'story characters' and all classes get them, and then at the end there are like 4-5 companions (COMBINED, FROM ALL CLASSES) that you can recruit back doing stupid grindy shit. Is that really the way it works? So it's 'fuck you' if you had a favorite companion and maxed their influence out before starting Fallen Empire, you need to pick a new favorite from the new companions now?
That's the way it seems unless they plan on introducing more as they release new chapters. Doesn't matter anyways, Lana > all those other shit lickers.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is supposed to be a working companion terminal in the alliance area that allows you to regain all of your companions non-canonly. It is currently bugged and if you know all the woes they have about the companions you can get and influence resets or whatever you would rather they fix it all first.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Well as long as it's on their radar I'm fine with them taking their time. In the meantime, M1-4X is one of the recruitable companions at 65, and that's a damn good start. Too bad Empire players can't recruit him.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Okay it's been a while but under the Sith Inquisitor tree which is better? Assassin or Sorcerer? I remember sorcs were badass but I'm sure things have changed. Even Sith jugg or marauder.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
completely unqualified opinion since I do so little raiding and haven't done anything in the new stuff since i wasn't a sub:

people generally prefer range dps which makes sorc better than assassin for DPS. assassins though can also be tanks, they lack some defensive global cooldowns but got a lot of aoe aggro abilities and they have the best ohshit ability (drop into stealth and out of combat) so i'd guess they are good as like offtanks and shit. Also Sorcs also can be healers instead of dps too so there's that.

juggs are good, marauders are meh.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Thanks I should of gave more info. I just want to finish the story chapters and be able to solo quests without any issues. I remember few years ago some quests were impossible to do without the help other players. Not looking really to raid that much. Just casual play.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh well every class can solo the game is the opposite of hard. the weakest is probably agent-operative but they can just stealth through most shit instead of fighting.

I've done assassin and sorc and while the sorc breezed through the last fight my assassin tank had tons of trouble, I ended up having to respec to DPS assassin just for that one fight.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Always pick stealth if you can. It makes leveling so much faster, especially for the force users: Stealth through long tedious cave full of enemies, talk to boss at end, force persuade him not to fight you, quick travel back to quest hub, repeat.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Pick what class you want. With the current strength of companions, you can solo all class content just fine. Well, your companion can solo it, you can cheer them on from a safe distance.

Don't really have a prob with that, tho. While I think they are a bit OP, I'm just trying to to get Lana strong enough so I can solo heroic+2 star fortresses.

Also, the companion summoner in the alliance area is supposed to be fixed on Tuesday.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm just trying to to get Lana strong enough so I can solo heroic+2 star fortresses.
That end boss is a whore. Even with myself and my companion in healer spec I can't keep up with his damage. Putting the companion in tank mode didn't help either. I'm stuck doing exactly what you said now too. Grind Lana up in the hopes that I can eventually solo it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So working my way through all the Hutt Cartel and Revan content has led me to being very nearly 65 before I even set foot into the new expansion...

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wife and I plowed through all but one of the Heroic Star Fortresses yesterday. I dig it. We've always two-manned all non-Op content so it was right up our alley. The first time was challenging since we went in without any real knowledge of what was going to happen but we got through it.

On the whole I know it's window dressing in the guise of content, the entire alliance system is really, but I don't mind. Will be interesting to see what their plan is beyond this.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Took you guys advice and went with hatred build assassin. Stealth is so damn handy. Did they buff companions? The Deshae one heals his ass off now. I never remembered him being a healer. I was able to solo some of those outdoor heroic quests easily. Like the ones where you have to kill the Mandalorians and the named boss. I went below 80% health one time and I was fighting 3 of them at once.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The new expansion completely reworked companions. They're quite a bit stronger and they can all Tank/heal/DPS now. You can select which roll by right clicking on their portrait.