SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Ya, I played a light/grey sith as well. A lot of the dark side decisions were cartoony and made no tactical sense. Classic example is the guy who defected from the Empire that you get to at the end of a dungeon. Dark side choice is kill him there, light side is to take him back to the Empire. Knowing what the Empire would do to him to extract info is far worse than a quick lightsaber death, but that is the "good" option. lol.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Ya, I played a light/grey sith as well. A lot of the dark side decisions were cartoony and made no tactical sense. Classic example is the guy who defected from the Empire that you get to at the end of a dungeon. Dark side choice is kill him there, light side is to take him back to the Empire. Knowing what the Empire would do to him to extract info is far worse than a quick lightsaber death, but that is the "good" option. lol.

Basically SWTOR put any "kill him" option as dark side, regardless of how logical it was. I think one class somewhere even had a guy bleeding out and practically begging for death and killing him was still the DS choice.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Murder and mayhem await!" yeah ironically some of the best story options were the light Sith and dark Republic choices. The worst part of the system was tying relics to V ranking and having to grind the first ship flashpoint over and over for points.

Merrith

That's why Agent was great. Yeah Dark side was still pretty much kill everyone when you were done with them, but it was basically just cleaning up loose ends. You'd charm, seduce, coerce, then kill anything you could along the way. The only thing I didn't like was I wish so many of the major story choices weren't ONLY light dark...wish there was better gray options. My Agent was Dark V going into final act of the vanilla story for him and saving the Codex for Imperial Intelligence was a light side choice, which I didn't want to ruin my rep with. Hated that shit. Should have been gray option instead.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing I liked about the sith inquisitor story was lightning bolting annoying dumbfucks was nearly always a conversation option.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fuck it, illdive in on this, going to download tonight. Havent played in so long I think I almost have to start fresh. Whats the deal with story missions now, you can just do them right and not have to go do all the bullshit sidequests?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fuck it, illdive in on this, going to download tonight. Havent played in so long I think I almost have to start fresh. Whats the deal with story missions now, you can just do them right and not have to go do all the bullshit sidequests?

If you are subbed you can do only class missions and get xp enough to level. I think f2p is a little slower.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sidequests can be skipped. Class and Planet storyline stuff will get you through.

Also, if you had an authenticator setup back in the day, you should come back to a whole bunch of accrued cartel coins to play with.

Merrith

Sidequests can be skipped. Class and Planet storyline stuff will get you through.

Also, if you had an authenticator setup back in the day, you should come back to a whole bunch of accrued cartel coins to play with.

Back in the day you didn't even need Planet storyline missions, only the pure class stuff (although some of the planet missions were actually pretty good).

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Back in the day you didn't even need Planet storyline missions, only the pure class stuff (although some of the planet missions were actually pretty good).

Been a couple years, but I think the planet stuff is needed if you're not subbed. Class only gets you through otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Some of the planet specific storylines are ok anyway. If my memory isn't dogshit and its not the 3 hours of sleep affecting it, i seem to remember they implimented scaling, too.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah, there's scaling, but it's irrelevant as your follower can solo the entire levelling process for you given enough time.

True. I'm just glad they made the followers OP, especially for pre-expansion content with the scaling. I remember originally when they put in planet scaling, a tank follower would get destroyed by more than 1 mob at a time, and so would you. Or at the very least you were resting after every fight.

It doesn't feel very epic when trash kiliks are slowing some potential master down so badly just trying to get in a random cave. Now its much smoother and even the group quests can be mostly solo'd outside of the very rare 4 man group quests. Which is nice for not having to wait for groups on an empty planet

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
True. I'm just glad they made the followers OP, especially for pre-expansion content with the scaling. I remember originally when they put in planet scaling, a tank follower would get destroyed by more than 1 mob at a time, and so would you. Or at the very least you were resting after every fight.

It doesn't feel very epic when trash kiliks are slowing some potential master down so badly just trying to get in a random cave. Now its much smoother and even the group quests can be mostly solo'd outside of the very rare 4 man group quests. Which is nice for not having to wait for groups on an empty planet

Yeah, I agree the release power curve (or w/e) needed work and that the scaling was needed, but they did it in the laziest 'just make the players nigh-invincible' fashion possible to the point where the gameplay is frustratingly boring and all you want to do is get to the next cutscene, at which point you might as well just go watch them on youtube.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah, I agree the release power curve (or w/e) needed work and that the scaling was needed, but they did it in the laziest 'just make the players nigh-invincible' fashion possible to the point where the gameplay is frustratingly boring and all you want to do is get to the next cutscene, at which point you might as well just go watch them on youtube.

Yeah. I think I would have liked a compromise of the two. Trash mobs being trash, just a slaughter but the put the main objective NPC as something that takes at the very least some input of buttons, wether or not its ability management or moving around. I just hate it when MMO's make the objective bosses be as easy or sometimes easier than random trash or elites on the way too them.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The fights are easy enough that you can do nothing and yet still win the fights because your companion can kill them on their own

Especially since follower damage/hp/etc is all tied to their influence level now. And now you can no longer lose influence or whatever from choosing the dialogue they dont like. You just gain less. Or if they absolutely abhor the decision, you get a good amount anyway.

So if you have a stockpile of credits or buy them online for the cheap. You can buy an assload of gifts for them and they'll be broken OP.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played the shit out of this back in the day. Had one fo the first 50s then mad a few more. really loved huttball. Then I quit when they took all the brown weapons and gear off the world bosses and put them all in the pay shop. Fuck that shit. Never played since.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user