SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah, went back this past week, and maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance but I'm not sure what the point is. Yah, yah, there is no point to gaming, but you know what I mean. Nothing is a challenge, and there's no real apparent skill ceiling that exists. So collect mounts/cash-shop gear? At least in WoW, Destiny, or Warframe there is a challenge *somewhere*, but after searching youtube and various forums, I couldn't find a point to play past lvl 50. I'm 63 and was consciously forcing myself to do the story stuff for Fallen Empire. Ugh. Was so uninspired.

Maybe I'm missing something?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I played the shit out of this back in the day. Had one fo the first 50s then mad a few more. really loved huttball. Then I quit when they took all the brown weapons and gear off the world bosses and put them all in the pay shop. Fuck that shit. Never played since.
A bunch of us did for the pre launch and I think we beat the raid in the first dozen groups.

Hutball was the most fun ever for a PT BH!

We quit after we exploited the raid that had the Hutts involved? There was a chest that you could open, reset, zone back in, and open it again. We took the raid and split into two man teams and farmed it for an hour or two.

Do you remember that Derkon Derkon and Daezuel Daezuel ?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Huttbull was pretty much the only MMO PVP I've ever actually enjoyed. Knocking people into the flame traps for instant kills was so satisfying lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Huttbull was pretty much the only MMO PVP I've ever actually enjoyed. Knocking people into the flame traps for instant kills was so satisfying lol

I played sooo much PvP in SWTOR I had at least 2 characters at max Valor. I was also a PT Huttball fanatic and hated for it on my server. However, I still think punting people into lava in Warhammer Online was more satisfying.

• 3Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
A bunch of us did for the pre launch and I think we beat the raid in the first dozen groups.

Hutball was the most fun ever for a PT BH!

We quit after we exploited the raid that had the Hutts involved? There was a chest that you could open, reset, zone back in, and open it again. We took the raid and split into two man teams and farmed it for an hour or two.

Do you remember that Derkon Derkon and Daezuel Daezuel ?

Yeah that was hilarious. The endgame stuff was so broke heh, remember having to kill dungeon bosses on top the loot chest or you didn't get loot? Just a lot of dumb shit lol.

Will say though besides the bugs I did have a fun time with it, I mean shit I leveled like 3 characters to 40+ before quitting. One of the few MMOs I played past the first month.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Massively says there's an old republic movie / trilogy in the works.

Someone rescued the old history timeline stuff from the website and put it in video form. It's good stuff:

Seems like I remember a bit more after that talked about the exile from kotor2.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Not sure I trust EA to give anything away for free so there has to be some catch. People are saying they already have these old expansions for free on their F2P accounts though.

Yeah if you have played this at all from launch up to about four months ago your account 99.9999% has these. Doesn’t really matter though since their unlock pay to play system is atrocious. And their content complete sucks balls now. Which isn’t shocking given its “BioWare”.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you haven’t played it, some of the original stories are very good. Marauder, sith warrior and imperial agent. Problem is I went though those when it was 12x XP and you could do just story missions and you would have to purchase or subscribe for a month to do so. I’d say those three stories are worth a one month sub. but Anything after is very weak and not well put together.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed almost all of the class stories to 50. It was after that I didn't enjoy much.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly i think the free to play stuff was done well once you got through the veil of it all. subbing for a single month unlocked a ton of stuff permanently. and every month you are subbed you end up getting a good amount of cartel coins to unlock just about everything you need to get the full experience.

i mean, on the surface there are a ton of weird things that are locked behind a pay wall, like any extra action bars. but after a single month sub that all goes away. it looks rediculous but it really isn't.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I liked the post 50 story stuff. Art reminded me of keanu

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
All the main story stuff was pretty good. The class stories being the best. The expansion/major patch story-lines were also really fun. Some of the planet story-lines were good too. You can only play through those so many times though as it doesn't change for class really. It is just I found the grouping and raiding a bit bland and just didn't hook me.

Sterling

El Presidente
All the main story stuff was pretty good. The class stories being the best. The expansion/major patch story-lines were also really fun. Some of the planet story-lines were good too. You can only play through those so many times though as it doesn't change for class really. It is just I found the grouping and raiding a bit bland and just didn't hook me.
Yeah, there were some good points to the game. The problem isn't that it's a bad game, it's not a great game. Which for a zillion dollar AAA Star Wars MMO it really should have been.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There were a LOT Of travel issues as well. Hoth was a nightmare. I wanted to be playing the game, not traveling. I think at one point I watched a 22 minute episode of twilight zone while moving from one point on that map to another. Tatooine was almost as bad - and while it was less travel on Alderaan, the thing that got me there most was not being able to traverse any high ground so you would constantly have to take 5-10 minutes to move around mountains or objects.

The most fun I had with the game though was when 12x class story quests only was in effect and you didn't have to do anything but the main quest stories. I could bear the travel then because I knew it wouldn't last long. If I recall I think Hoth had 2-3 story quests max, but one would have to be there an entire day just to get to the right level to continue the main story, which wouldn't have been bad at all had the travel been knocked down and there were better side quests.

Also, the thing I really did like was they nailed the atmosphere of the planets. So while I bitch about Hoth, Tatooine, Alderaan, the planets themselves (At least the sky boxes) were very well done. And I liked the game play elements.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, the game wasn't too bad up until they let the dupes run wild and in an hour people were as rich as the market flippers got over years.

Seriously, how do your coders and basic GD testing not catch that buying a full stack of ANYTHING, splitting off one, then trading it back for the refund gives you the full stack price? For months.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoyed almost all of the class stories to 50. It was after that I didn't enjoy much.

Same it just got stale and was boring. I did play just about all the classes to 50 though for the stories. Definitely got my money's worth from it just no staying power after all that.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the game wasn't too bad up until they let the dupes run wild and in an hour people were as rich as the market flippers got over years.

Seriously, how do your coders and basic GD testing not catch that buying a full stack of ANYTHING, splitting off one, then trading it back for the refund gives you the full stack price? For months.

Well, hindsight 20/20 stories by developers have said they were were surprised after any patch the code compiled. So they were just happy to have something actually boot :p

• Hero Engine: That engine. Whew. When I wrote the book on the making of the game I tried to get our original lead engineer, Bill Dalton, to talk about HeroEngine and the lawyers removed every other word he said so I had to ditch the section.

SWTOR Former Developer Daniel Erickson Talks About Game Development - Dulfy

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I got into alpha testing and played the game's release and it was honestly a technical shitshow. Bugs during alpha never fixed, new bugs appearing crippling players experience (characters stuck in instance, characters lost in cutscenes, etc), engine dying each time there's more than 15 people fighting in the same place, crashes, login errors, dupe, exploits, 60min stacking permabuffs, Ilum being a latency blackhole slideshow, etc. Lots of people came from SWG so they could endure a bugged MMO, but SWTOR was too much of a mess almost everyone did the first month and fucked off.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity