SWTOR

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL Fuckers got like 20 people following him. How can he stand that shit. Also Summit is streaming this too.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL Fuckers got like 20 people following him. How can he stand that shit. Also Summit is streaming this too.

Actually useful the individual story instances they can't actually follow him into. I still remember good times leveling in this game, and some of the later story was actually pretty good shit. They really dropped the ball with this game, even if it has kinda had an extended lifespan by going FTP

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mentioned this in the FF thread but it really seems BioWare fucked up by not having their own engine. FF14 is as casual as this. So I really think they struck at the wrong time and I feel like Japanese companies will work to fix a bad game out of love for audience and the game. US companies just dumpster it with minimal support.

I mean really, this should be the slam dunk casual game to strip away from WoW instead of FF14 but it feels like ass to play whereas both 14 and WoW mechanically just play well.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I feel the combat is serviceable, and there's a few classes I find pretty fun to play. For me it all comes down to lack of content once you've done all the story/leveling you can stand. Unless you just love Star Wars, I don't see why you'd want to spend a monthly sub fee to do end game(dungeons/raids) when WoW and 14 both give you way more value. The new 'Galactic Seasons' thing is just daily/weekly quests that give more space barbie rewards.

If they just removed the F2P restrictions on actually doing end game group content I'd definitely be willing to drop in every few months to run some dungeons and gear up alts, but not paying a sub for a few days of gameplay.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I feel the combat is serviceable, and there's a few classes I find pretty fun to play. For me it all comes down to lack of content once you've done all the story/leveling you can stand. Unless you just love Star Wars, I don't see why you'd want to spend a monthly sub fee to do end game(dungeons/raids) when WoW and 14 both give you way more value. The new 'Galactic Seasons' thing is just daily/weekly quests that give more space barbie rewards.

If they just removed the F2P restrictions on actually doing end game group content I'd definitely be willing to drop in every few months to run some dungeons and gear up alts, but not paying a sub for a few days of gameplay.
This game has always been the kind of opposite of wow. While wow added in tons of end game content every patch/expansion this game just added more story in its expansions. I feel that this game is tailored for solo type story gamer instead of the raider. And shit, during its hayday this game was raking in the cash, something to the tune of $250 million per year. Plus I think the PvP scene is still pretty popular too.

Sterling

El Presidente
This game has always been the kind of opposite of wow. While wow added in tons of end game content every patch/expansion this game just added more story in its expansions. I feel that this game is tailored for solo type story gamer instead of the raider. And shit, during its hayday this game was raking in the cash, something to the tune of $250 million per year. Plus I think the PvP scene is still pretty popular too.
Which is kind of funny since initially it was really a WoW clone to the point of some of the classes were essentially copy/pasta of WoW characters.

• 1Truth!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
When I see things like the mouse turn speed problem still in the game since the beginning that is a clear sign to me that the developers don't even play their own game. That would take me maybe an hour to fix.

• 1Like

nu_11

When I see things like the mouse turn speed problem still in the game since the beginning that is a clear sign to me that the developers don't even play their own game. That would take me maybe an hour to fix.
lol I literally whined about that the first time I reinstalled the game last week. Fuck, my camera randomly jerking around is annoying as hell.

I have to say that this SWTOR has a similar aesthetic philosophy of WoW (i.e., cartoony over realism), but looks worse while questing and performs worse than WoW. At least SWTOR dialogue system is leagues better than WoW’s.

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
whereas both 14 and WoW mechanically just play well.

FF does not playing better than SWTOR. FF has the worst combat of all the major MMO’s. WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, BDO…FF is easily the worst combat of those.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK why everybody is creaming over FF now, shits been out like a decade and I cant stand the stupid japan emo furry shit. Turned me off that game real quick when I played it.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Yes, you prefer the regular non-Japan emo furry shit of WoW apparently lol

• 1Like

Caeden

FF does not playing better than SWTOR. FF has the worst combat of all the major MMO’s. WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, BDO…FF is easily the worst combat of those.
I don’t agree, but I have never touched BDO or ESO. Rotation-wise, sure. But as far as feeling technically smooth, SWTOR (haven’t played since KOTFE) always felt jerky and unresponsive. GW2 did always feel smooth, but just a tad floaty to me.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don’t agree, but I have never touched BDO or ESO. Rotation-wise, sure. But as far as feeling technically smooth, SWTOR (haven’t played since KOTFE) always felt jerky and unresponsive. GW2 did always feel smooth, but just a tad floaty to me.
I don't get why every MMORPG doesn't just copy paste WoW's combat. It's clearly the best. It feels very responsive, impactful, and clean. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Just do it right. Even if you want your own style/flavor, make sure it's as smooth and impactful as WoW's combat and you're golden.

• 1Like

Caeden

I don't get why every MMORPG doesn't just copy paste WoW's combat. It's clearly the best. It feels very responsive, impactful, and clean. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Just do it right. Even if you want your own style/flavor, make sure it's as smooth and impactful as WoW's combat and you're golden.
It’s honestly the best part of WoW. Though I kinda get tired of proc and reaction so some rote rotation is nice for my old ass.

Merrith

Maybe they fixed SWTOR combat then since I last played. Always felt a bit janky to me. FF's is slower for sure, especially before you are leveled and don't have any off global stuff, but overall they felt about the same to me (not as good as WoW combat feels, but not bad overall).

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
FF oGCD doesn’t even feel quick to me. Am I misremembering, I think the oGCD’s share a CD. So you can’t press two oGCD’s at the same time?

Malakriss

Anyone still playing this and got the galactic seasons rewards? Are there any that would be worth dumping credits/coins into the catchup cause I have not been logging in or doing dailies at all.