SWTOR

Cybsled

SWTOR gets an asterisk for the 1-50 story depending on your class. Everyone creams for IA story, but the regular sith or Jedi or trooper ones are kinda mediocre

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
SWTOR gets an asterisk for the 1-50 story depending on your class. Everyone creams for IA story, but the regular sith or Jedi or trooper ones are kinda mediocre
To be fair, IA really is that good. Absolutely worth the price of admission all by itself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can spice some up by going Dark side on the republic, or neutral snarky smuggler. Sith Warrior has good options played multiple ways but the imps got decent planetary storylines too.

Cybsled

Thing that always annoyed me about Sith Inquistor is you become Emperor…then later on in future patches they’re like “lol you got kicked out”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thing that always annoyed me about Sith Inquistor is you become Emperor…then later on in future patches they’re like “lol you got kicked out”
i have zero memory of becoming emperor. i DO remember joining the dark council, and then getting booted during the eternal empire story since youre basically considered KIA and then leave the empire altogether, so i mean it makes sense that you aren't apart of the dark council anymore, though if you choose to rejoin the empire, they should have invited you back to the council, but whatever

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was cliche but I loved the Sith warrior storyline as a dark side player.

I may have to dust this off once I knock out zelda and some other things. I wish a local 1-50 single player version was available. Eventually this will get the plug pulled and it seems unlikely to get a functional private server.

• 2Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They still make bank off this game, they aren't shuttering servers anytime soon.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Don't have to worry about them shutting this down. I think they're legitimately making good money with the current state. Plenty of money to keep it profitable, I'd guess.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Imperial Agents is by far the best overall story. But my favorite line is Dark Side Bounty Hunter on the starting planet. "You're my kind of sick, Nem'ro."
For that matter, as far as lines go, Bounty Hunter has the best. You can probably search for Best Bounty Hunter lines if you really don't want to play the game. lol

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
honestly even the 50+ content is great story telling. Maybe not where you thought or wanted your story to go but they were interesting.

Except Hutt cartel republic side that story was lame, and revan overall was pretty lame too.

Cybsled

Dark Side Smuggler is kinda funny too. Like that one sith where she is like “we can bang if you help me” and then you do after killing that Jedi lol

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
As far as writing, yeah, Agent is the top, but I still had more genuine fun as a Sith warrior among the various 1-50 stories. Just being a complete pain in the ass to Baras was too fun.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
As far as writing, yeah, Agent is the top, but I still had more genuine fun as a Sith warrior among the various 1-50 stories. Just being a complete pain in the ass to Baras was too fun.
I remember playing a sith warrior light side with a buddy of mine where we were going through the main story, and doing all the side quests but bouncing between each other's story line. Think he was playing an inquisitor, or whatever the caster class was.

It was honestly one of the most enjoyable 1- 50 experiences I've ever had in a game apart from the secret world. But just so much fun.

Really was exciting, and when you talking about video game experiences it's something we stole bullshit about to this day. I really looked at picking the game back up, but God damn, I just can't play an MMO any longer.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Tortuga for Age of Conan was pretty damn good. All content after it tho was trash.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tortuga for Age of Conan was pretty damn good. All content after it tho was trash.
Tortage*. Sorry he's an Astros fan.

But funny enough I just played Tortage again in AoC, dead game and all, and it still holds up well.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I remember playing a sith warrior light side with a buddy of mine where we were going through the main story, and doing all the side quests but bouncing between each other's story line. Think he was playing an inquisitor, or whatever the caster class was.

It was honestly one of the most enjoyable 1- 50 experiences I've ever had in a game apart from the secret world. But just so much fun.

Really was exciting, and when you talking about video game experiences it's something we stole bullshit about to this day. I really looked at picking the game back up, but God damn, I just can't play an MMO any longer.
Man, I loved The Secret World so much. I forget how much I enjoyed playing that game. I'm almost done with Sentinel, when I am done I need to back and finish up a few of the other origin stories, particularly Sith Inquisitor. I now wish I hadn't gone full Dark Side Sith Warrior. Not that the stories bad, I just don't enjoy playing the Dark Side so much; the choices in some cases are nuanced but in most cases are mustache twirlers. I always thought that when you are making choices in these stories, the Dark Side choices should read as if they make sense and are justified from the Dark Side perspective; instead they are written to provide clarity for the player.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Man, I loved The Secret World so much. I forget how much I enjoyed playing that game. I'm almost done with Sentinel, when I am done I need to back and finish up a few of the other origin stories, particularly Sith Inquisitor. I now wish I hadn't gone full Dark Side Sith Warrior. Not that the stories bad, I just don't enjoy playing the Dark Side so much; the choices in some cases are nuanced but in most cases are mustache twirlers. I always thought that when you are making choices in these stories, the Dark Side choices should read as if they make sense and are justified from the Dark Side perspective; instead they are written to provide clarity for the player.
Secret World is easily my favorite MMO just for the sheer uniqueness of the game. Such a cool setting and I loved the skill wheel, and being able to mix and match everything. Tornquist was really a pretty revolutionary game developer, and it's a shame he bailed on it. If I remember it was a pretty big passion project of his.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like