Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
First reviews up for RT: 17% positive with a 4/10 rating -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

TMNT1: 40%
TMNT2: 33%
TMNT3: 21%
TMNT 2014: 22%
rotten review is from this thing
v1.YzsyNjc4O2c7MTY5ODg7MjA0ODsxNTA7MTUw

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't see the 2014 one (because it looked terribad and everyone said it was terribad) but honestly I liked all the trailers I've seen for this. Feels way more like my memories. Who knows on those reviews. I'll wait for feedback from you guys :p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
rotten review is from this thing
And the positive review is from a guy who liked Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Let's not pretend we're dealing with world class critics and simply note that only one nutball rated it positive.

Cybsled

I'm getting tired of the bad guy having giant doomsday machines (that float things in the air).
Well to be fair, the Technodrome would be kind of odd rolling around on tank treads
wink.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Another of the Rotten reviews. Sounds like Etchezz has a new hobby!

Saying the second 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' is an improvement over the first is like saying you'd rather be poisoned than stabbed, or drinking rancid milk is preferable to guzzling motor oil.

moontayle

Golden Squire
How the fuck in the Original movie reviewed so poorly?
Because it was a live-action kids movie based on a cartoon/comic that didn't come from the mouse house and that was something reviewers couldn't wrap their heads around. They literally didn't get it. 12 year old me didn't care though, best movie ever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Movie was trash, do not watch, all the good stuff was in the trailers, then the rest is snooze.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
This came out yesterday here and we saw it with the wife and a couple of friends, everyone was a bit disappointed, some a lot. We had all enjoyed the first movie to a point (I thought it was never as good as the original TMNT movie, but it was so much better than TMNT 3 that I gave it a free pass despite obnoxious Megan Fox and Bay's greasy explody fingerprints all over it), but this sequel has all the flaws I reproached Transformers 2 with (and hated it for). Too much dumb humor, too much talking all the time, too much of everything. And the movie felt a lot more kiddy this time around too (like TMNT 2 classic I suppose).

I tolerated watching it because I'm a big fan of the TMNT cartoon and grew up with it and the video games, but if I'm to be honest it's almost as bad as Transformers 2, I only don't hate this one because I like Turtles a lot more than I like Transformers in the first place..

A positive note, it was good to see some of the cartoon stuff make it into a movie, like Bebop,Rocksteady, Krang, and the Technodrome (with eye and trident-cannons like in the cartoon), but like someone else said, almost all of that was shown in the trailers, so it's up to you wether you want to fork out the cash to see the rest of the movie. You do get to see pink-tentacled Krang a lot more outside of his tank than I imagined, so there's that.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Lamest bump ever...

This recently showed up for free on Amazon, so I watched it. It was better than the first movie I guess, but still pretty bad. Krang was actually very well done beyond the fact that he's not in it much. If they make more of these movies, a competent writer could do good things with the character. Bebop and Rocksteady were pretty decent. Shredder was a complete waste in this. If your inner 10 year old has been pining to see Krang and the Technodrome in a live action movie, it's not the worst way to spend a couple hours.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I feel like Michael Bay only makes these movies so he can use the leverage to ass fuck Megan Fox, that and he gets a kid of out of ruining franchises.

Uwe Boll makes better movies,

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This movie, and Know (or Knowing) with Nicholas Cage, are the only movies so terrible that I completely wiped my brain of them and actually started to watch a second time and didn't realize until halfway through I had seen them before.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Just watched this for free on Netflix.

If you were age appropriate to watch the cartoon and didn't like this movie you're probably a joyless husk of a person.

What happened to you?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just watched this for free on Netflix.

If you were age appropriate to watch the cartoon and didn't like this movie you're probably a joyless husk of a person.

What happened to you?
You assholes got to see free shitty trashy movie on Netflix, I spent 20 bucks to see a shitty trashy movie.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You assholes got to see free shitty trashy movie on Netflix, I spent 20 bucks to see a shitty trashy movie.

Meh. The only movies I still go to theatres to see are Star Wars movies. I might do the new Avatar trilogy. I bought a 65 inch OLED and a Sonos 5.1 system. Fuck the theatre. It'll be available to rent in 12 weeks, and free on Netflix 12 weeks after that. The last decade of mediocre film has soured me on the theatre experience. The recent Marvel trash and the Harry Potter spinoff were the final straws for me.

My only regret in the last little while has been missing Fury Road in theatres. Oh well.