Telepathy in modern world

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You are clearly lost. You need the telekinesis thread.
oh ok. telepathy is mind reading. i stopped bothering with that stuff a long time ago. mind reading is bunk too, just like water dowsing and those so called psychics who can find your lost loved one by touching their clothes. hippy shit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh ok. telepathy is mind reading. i stopped bothering with that stuff a long time ago. mind reading is bunk too, just like water dowsing and those so called psychics who can find your lost loved one by touching their clothes. hippy shit.
OK boomer.

• 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
ahh telepathy, another one of those hippy superpowers people thought they had in the 60s. i can move things with my mind. just do more LSD and i can become one with the universe. when i was a kid i tried to gain jedi mind powers, i couldnt move anything or let anyone know those werent the droids they were looking for.
That's Psychokinesis, not Telepathy. Telepathy is transmitting/receiving thoughts from a distance, psychokinesis (aka telekinesis) is moving things with your mind.

"Real" psychokinesis (if it existed) is SCARY. Want to kill someone? Shift some internal organs around, and see how much strain they can withstand... (a handful of tiny organs don't need much move to kill you near-instantly)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Oh, and reminder: anyone who can demonstrate any of those under proper conditions get an instant 1 million $ from the James Randi Foundation.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh, and reminder: anyone who can demonstrate any of those under proper conditions get an instant 1 million $ from the James Randi Foundation.
James Randi destroyed all these grifters long ago. i still think telepathy is what i said, reading minds, receiving thought from far away.

sindaael

<Banned>
Guess I went off on a tangent. Something like they won the enemy war. Came up with superior technology. But we will always be the first. This is an insult to me and whoever. As far as I'm concerned my college is scattered. They are a third party, and free from this chain of bondage. If I look at it this way, this won't work in the long term. There is nothing else on the chart.

• 1NPC
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This is a shitty form of the AI. At least you could have gotten the upgrade package.
Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Please. Randi is a fucking fraud. He uses the JRF as an excuse to visit places where he can fuck children. He sends others out to debunk the claims, and even if his reps aren't able to debunk it he claims they did and denies them the chance to move to the next step. It's probably been 10-15 years since I thought of him and he bragged that no one had even made it to applicant yet. Is that still true?

• 1Picard

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Please. Randi is a fucking fraud. He uses the JRF as an excuse to visit places where he can fuck children. He sends others out to debunk the claims, and even if his reps aren't able to debunk it he claims they did and denies them the chance to move to the next step. It's probably been 10-15 years since I thought of him and he bragged that no one had even made it to applicant yet. Is that still true?
He had a very few who were deluded enough to move to the preliminary demonstration phase (where they test the protocol), and none managed to get past that. Which is expected, since they outright state that the formal demonstration is likely to succeed if the test one did.

As for Randi, I hope he doesn't fuck children. That would be compounding necrophilia with pedophilia, since he's dead.

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He had a very few who were deluded enough to move to the preliminary demonstration phase (where they test the protocol), and none managed to get past that. Which is expected, since they outright state that the formal demonstration is likely to succeed if the test one did.

As for Randi, I hope he doesn't fuck children. That would be compounding necrophilia with pedophilia, since he's dead.

OK then fucked past tense. Did he die of the rona? You're the one who brought him up so I assumed he and his prize were still kickin around.

It wasn't a matter of delusion. He denied applicant status to claimants who passed the first test. He only wanted to test high profile people like John Edwards. Going from memory, you were a claimant first, then when you demonstrated the ability to a JREF representative you were supposed to become an applicant. But they used local volunteers as representatives so if you passed the first test he would just claim you were in cahoots with the person they chose and not let you go any further.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
OK then fucked past tense. Did he die of the rona? You're the one who brought him up so I assumed he and his prize were still kickin around.
"Chronic age-related illness", unspecified.

The Prize was entirely managed by the trustees for the last few years before his death, as he could no longer do much of anything as he was wasting away. Speculation is that it might be HIV-related (since he was gay), but it could be cancer or something else.

sindaael

<Banned>
Oh this is where my thread went. Anyway this has quickly become a thermodynamics problem where we need to worry about crowd control. I just came to repeat that we are the king of time. I lost this duel against someone. They are off in heaven somewhere after this victory. Then I compared time and heaven, and time is still better. But they got all the space and everything they needed in the world.

sindaael

<Banned>
I noticed something. We have been reduced to a mortal. They have become immortals. They have become more powerful than us in certain ways. But overall we are still winning the race. This is quite the high school level idiocy I came up with. And I have a GED. Let's just say I got nuked at some point.

Edit my post. Think mortals have a hard time killing people. Immortals can kill people much easier. Rest assured it has nothing to do with the ultimate victory.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
in comic talk we use tp for telepathy and tk for telekinesis and it's always gonna be who has the better super power?

tp vs. tk

• 1Like

sindaael

<Banned>
I like both of them, but I prefer telepathy. We must have an enemy issue or something with the damn prison. Until they came up with one round of the king of the scientist. Nothing went as planned lately. They even defied the expect the unexpected thing. Now things are coming back into order.