Thailand

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
What’s the scam? The place is literally owned by a Canadian expat. I think they charged my friend $300 bucks a suit for something of quality that i’d pay close to a grand in the US.

Shits super well known.

U got scammed by a Canadian hippy who decided he wanted to stay in Bangkok to bang ladyboys and decided scamming was best way to do so.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Shits super well known.

U got scammed by a Canadian hippy who decided he wanted to stay in Bangkok to bang ladyboys and decided scamming was best way to do so.

You still haven’t explained what the actual scam is. All I know is my friend bought some really high quality tailored suits at a great price. Please explain how he was scammed.

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Beaches and full moon parties are overrated. You'll be partying next to fucked up drughead Aussies and stepping on syringes on the beach

So not much different than SF?

If I'm there during a Full Moon Party might as well experience. Think I'm going to stay on Koh Samui though. Seems more aligned to my highfalutin lifestyle.

I'm only doing three full days in Bangkok. Just gonna eat at dope ass restaurants for hella cheap. Some of these Airbnbs and hotels are RIDICULOUS. Top floor penthouse with infinity pools for like $100/night.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So not much different than SF?

If I'm there during a Full Moon Party might as well experience. Think I'm going to stay on Koh Samui though. Seems more aligned to my highfalutin lifestyle.

I'm only doing three full days in Bangkok. Just gonna eat at dope ass restaurants for hella cheap. Some of these Airbnbs and hotels are RIDICULOUS. Top floor penthouse with infinity pools for like $100/night.
Go to Pataya bro. You'll find what you seek.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Big Foler and I, gonna tear Walking Street up

You still haven’t explained what the actual scam is. All I know is my friend bought some really high quality tailored suits at a great price. Please explain how he was scammed.

I mean, I dunno, but I got nailed on scams, no lie. But no regrets, ya know?

From my POV, it wasn't a big deal. But I saw a lot of services steering me onto other services. Buy something; they're telling me go here next, see this. Next thing I know I'm on a tuk tuk going who knows where. Toured a 'jewely store' in Bangkok, bought a couple things. It was more like...guides steering you from one 'thing' to another.

One dude wouldn't stop the taxi. I was getting legit pissed and about bailed right on the spot. I knew he was taking me somewhere but I didn't know where, and suddenly he only spoke Thai.

The suit place I went to was one of those 'suggestions', I guess it was a scam in the sense that I'm sure they scratch each others back to get farangs into their stores. And the suit place pointed me towards other places (but this place did seem pretty legit/decent, and was cheaper than anything in the states). But I will say this: even worse than the suggestions and the steering of tourists here and there, were the ungodly impolite assholes with shops in alleys who would LITERALLY GRAB YOUR ARM and try strongarming you into their store. Same with the dancers/hookers trying to get you into their club when you walk by. Usually they were ok, but occasionally they'd get grabby and forceful.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Hookers? THats all Pataya has.
My friend went to Bangkok. Warned him about the lady boys. Of course some cute Thai girl comes all up on him. They go back to his place, she proceeds to give blowjob, he asked to see her vag, she refuses, he then calls her a man and shames her till she runs out of his place

It's ok tho cuz it's Thailand. Having ur sick sucked by a lady boy is ok here. Shit happens.

• 1Picard

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Lol Vanessa Picard's me cuz he's jealous that 99% of Thai lady boys are more passable than he is.

Vanessa Vanessa what's it like to know you'll live a sexless and loveless life? Shit seems depressing. If you move to Thailand you could prob get some.

• 1Picard

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Hookers? THats all Pataya has.
Pataya also has good food and has a pretty entertaining Muay Thai scene. Saw a bunch of fights there.. I remember one in particular where they imported a south african fighter to headline against the local champ. SA dude knocked the local out in the first 5 seconds of the fight with a kick to the side of the head.. Muay Thai is brutal. Luckily they had about 6-7 undercard fights so it was still a good nights entertainment.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I feel that you have to be either a really passive, guilty, or a gullible person to fall for majority of the scams. There are the exceptions, like being in taxi with the driver either being aggressive or trying to play you as the dumb farang as previously mentioned. I fortunately never had to deal w/ it because either I am w/ Thai's, or am in a position in which I can drive, or use public transpo. Granted driving in Bangkok is a nightmare.. would not recommend.

Tuktuk are notorious though, but can also be hit or miss. They tend to want to take you around to places that they more than likely get a cut from, its novelty.. but sometimes its fun. Vendors are all about bartering, so they'll try to take as much as they can from you, but you can argue that shit lower because by the end; they just want the money.