Thats Racist ! (Rich old man in LA buys and sells black folks)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
suspended indefinitely. $5 million fine.
$2.5 million, which is the max allowed under the NBA constitution.

Banned for life, and Commissioner will also pursue securing approval by 3/4 of the other owners to force Sterling to sell the team.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The idea of being banned from something you own seems odd.

Thanks for all the replies, quite interesting.

Royal

Beyond Sterling not being able to attend games, owners meetings, or any other official NBA function it would really come down to just how hell bent he was on continuing to actually run the team. He could try do so by proxy, though the league might insist on appointing the GM or other key front office positions and really make even that all but impossible.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Missed part of it because someone came into my office but I'm pretty sure as long as Adam Silver can get 3/4ths of the owners to vote on it, they can force Sterling to sell the team. He seemed pretty confident that he can get that many so that will most likely happen after the playoffs are over.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Thanks for all the replies, quite interesting.
"Ownership" of a team that only derives its value from playing in a league owned and controlled by someone else is dubious ownership at best.

Royal

The few legal types I heard that were familiar with the NBA constitution discussing what authority the league has in dealing with Sterling indicated that it was somewhat vague in a few areas that could possibly be massaged into construing rights of removal of an owner in these circumstances. The feeling was it's vague enough that two teams of determined lawyers would be able to find ample grist for the mill to drag it out a while, should Sterling be so inclined.

Adam Silver is obviously insisting the authority is there and not questionable.

Royal

Why is this news? Rich old racist hypocrite. He doesn't have shit on Strom Thurmond.
I brought this up in the NBA thread a couple of days ago when the Sterling stuff came out. If you find a rich old bigot getting fucked over by his black mistress yawn worthy, maybe apoor old murderous bigot getting fucked by a black trannywould be more interesting.

But in case you thought this guy could not get any worse, the 73-year-old claimed last year, in a phone call with the Southern Poverty Law Center, "that he had lured the prostitute to the meeting with the intention of beating him." Then one thing led to another.
The one-two punch of these two stories secured last week the unified belt as the Weirdest Week in Racism.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I brought this up in the NBA thread a couple of days ago when the Sterling stuff came out. If you find a rich old bigot getting fucked over by his black mistress yawn worthy, maybe apoor old murderous bigot getting fucked by a black trannywould be more interesting.

The one-two punch of these two stories secured last week the unified belt as the Weirdest Week in Racism.
"he had lured the prostitute to the meeting with the intention of beating him." Then one thing led to another.

Disp_sl

shitlord
It's amazing that this dude is getting absolutely burned at the stake, yet just about everyone seems to be shrugging off Larry Johnson's comments because he's "outspoken":

On Saturday night, Johnson tweeted: "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!''

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It is funny the about faces people make when money starts getting involved.

WSJ Editor: NAACP Backed Sterling When He ?Lined Their Own Pockets?

?I don?t think that these comments are as surprising as the NAACP is pretending they are,? Riley began. ?This man has a long history of paying to make lawsuits ? anti-discrimination lawsuits ? go away, and this has to deal with his non-basketball activities.?

RELATED: NAACP Head: Sterling Will Not Receive Lifetime Achievement Award

?The NAACP knows about this history, and yet gave him a lifetime achievement award and was about to give him a second one,? the WSJ editor continued.

?This is another example of how the civil rights movement has become an industry,? Riley added. ?You have groups like the NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, others who basically go around the country shaking down corporations and individuals for money.?

?This guy gave them money,? Reilly said of Sterling, ?and that?s what?s most important to them.?

He said that the organizations and individuals he named care more about ?lining their own pockets? than aiding the minority community. He cited these groups opposition to charter schools and the expansion of Wal-Mart stores while taking funds from labor and teachers unions. ?So, there is a pattern here,? Riley asserted.

Riley closed by saying that President Barack Obama?s comments on the Sterling controvery were fine, but that the president is not supportive of ?racial unity.?

?When you pal around with Al Sharpton, you are not into racial unity,? he concluded.

iannis

Musty Nester
I feel like this is a victory for america.

You are allowed to own black people, you just aren't allowed to rub it in!

iannis

Musty Nester
Seriously though I'm surprised that they did shit.

I wonder a little if his team wasn't the league dumpster if they would have done anything. But then, I also wonder if he wasn't like the complete chariciture of a bigot if his team would be the dumpster of the league.

I also wonder what unicorn farts smell like.