Thats Racist ! (Rich old man in LA buys and sells black folks)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like any Los Angeles team, the SoCal people will root for whoever happens to be winning at that time. They should sell reversible jerseys out here. Its a major reason there is no NFL team here, because that requires a level of fan loyalty this region is not capable of.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I'm not a basketball watcher at all, but I know the playoffs are going on right now, which are with hundreds of millions to the NBA I'm sure. A lot of this just sounds like them protecting themselves. What if sponsors started dropping over this, or one or two important players went on strike over this - the potential is there to lose lots and the longer they waited the worse the backlash would be.

I'm guessing after the season they'll get him back into the governing part.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not a basketball watcher at all, but I know the playoffs are going on right now, which are with hundreds of millions to the NBA I'm sure. A lot of this just sounds like them protecting themselves. What if sponsors started dropping over this, or one or two important players went on strike over this - the potential is there to lose lots and the longer they waited the worse the backlash would be.

You're saying you think they'll drop the lifetime ban in less than a month and hope no one notices they are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet? Seems legit.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
You're saying you think they'll drop the lifetime ban in less than a month and hope no one notices they are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet? Seems legit.
I wouldn't be surprised if they let him back into the backrooms, yeah - nothing team facing, of course. I certainly wouldn't expect them to let him at the games or anything. Seems like there's precedence for unbanning of rich sports owner types. But I already said I know nothing about the NBA.

But we haven't gotten any dirt on the girlfriend, yet. Another news day or two and we should start getting the counter-attack. I'm hoping for some juicy pics,myself.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
He's a racist old coot who said mean things to a hooker. Why does everyone suddenly get the vapors over it NOW, given that he's apparently been a racist old coot for decades? This isn't even his first documented instance of saying awful shit about people.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They've been letting him say terrible things for decades now. What's changed? Social media.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
A lot of this just sounds like them protecting themselves. What if sponsors started dropping over this, or one or two important players went on strike over this - the potential is there to lose lots and the longer they waited the worse the backlash would be.

Of course the league is acting in it's financial interest. That's the whole justification, in terms of their constitution, for taking any action against him at all; the best interest of the league (ie. the money). The last count I heard this morning, about 20 Clippers/league sponsors had announced they were ending their relationships with them.

That said, I'm sure many in the NBA, including many owners, are genuinely offended by the remarks. I happen to believe the commissioner genuinely wants the man gone from ownership. Whether the legal facts on the ground permit that to happen anytime before Sterling croaks remains to be seen.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
He's a racist old coot who said mean things to a hooker. Why does everyone suddenly get the vapors over it NOW, given that he's apparently been a racist old coot for decades? This isn't even his first documented instance of saying awful shit about people.
yup. everybody knew he was racist and shit. he knew he was racist, but kept it private and that's what he wanted to do...until his hooker made it public by releasing it to TMZ.

There should be a market for Consumer Outrage Index.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It's amazing that this dude is getting absolutely burned at the stake, yet just about everyone seems to be shrugging off Larry Johnson's comments because he's "outspoken":
I have no idea what is being said there, so not sure how it compares.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They've been letting him say terrible things for decades now. What's changed? Social media.
And the commissioner. David Stern was much more given to siding with ownership (which was his job) and looked upon the players more like mere employees than Adam Silver has so far in his brief tenure. He'd seemed like a paper tiger up until now, but this is his first calling to deal with a wayward owner. His fines against player infractions were tickles compared to Sterns.

And Stern basically gifted Chris Paul to the Clippers as one of his parting gestures the last few years before his retirement, so he wasn't exactly hard nosed with respect to Sterling.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider

spronk

FPS noob
i'm really disappointed that there isnt more discussion on whether his girlfriend is hot or not
Meet V. Stiviano, Donald Sterling??Ts girlfriend

first, he has a wife and she's suing this 31 year old girlfriend for gifts and a $2m condo she was "given". whoah, $2m pussy, nice

but i have serious problems. this chick has a serious butterface

BmQH-zlCAAAaB-R.jpg

spl745891_001.jpg

i mean, she looks like a goddamn tranny. so whats up with that face? does she suck dick so good that you could ignore it?