1651089728970.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's been 3 years since we got this image of a black hole:

1651170200720.png

The team has something to share a little closer to home in a couple weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Alignment of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope is now complete. After full review, the observatory has been confirmed to be capable of capturing crisp, well-focused images with each of its four powerful onboard science instruments. Upon completing the seventh and final stage of telescope alignment, the team held a set of key decision meetings and unanimously agreed that Webb is ready to move forward into its next and final series of preparations, known as science instrument commissioning. This process will take about two months before scientific operations begin in the summer.​

1651172289684.png

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fine for littering is 2500 Zuleks.
This is JUST what we need to fire up support for trips to Mars. Get the environmentalists outraged by our trash, so much so that you'll demand we go pick it up! Queue Elon Musk.... "I have a plan".

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Where would be a good place to start to research telescopes?

Looking to get something to bring with me when camping out in remote areas of the desert southwest.

$200-$500

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Where would be a good place to start to research telescopes?

Looking to get something to bring with me when camping out in remote areas of the desert southwest.

$200-$500

Forums at cloudynights is the best place for telescope info

just now starting to restock in small quantities. Like a lot of stuff during the shutdowns people bought up telescopes and slow shipping/replacement.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
He needs to just buy his own island and get out of the states. If they are going to stand in the way of progress he should just take his biz elsewhere.
Although he probably could, it would instantly mean the end of the military contracts. He gets those launches (like the NROL last week) because SpaceX is owned by Americans and headquartered in the States.

Presumably the NASA ones too, at least beyond the current contracts.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bill Nelson - "Now that I've stolen $20 billion from you - lets do it right now"

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Who's going to be making jokes when bezos lobbying bucks and lawyers come through and convince xyz gov admin/agency to shut spacex down for reasons. May not happen today or next week or next year, but it's definitely a possibility over the next decade. I expect bezos and his minions will strike when spacex has their first loss of life accident.

Not really plausible. Musk could crash a starship in Manhattan and take down the freedom tower and we'd still keep spacex rolling.

Wrong - bezos maybe not involved as much but still the same outcome.

Since he wasn't a globalist kowtowing scum, or a ultra cowardly fence sitter such as yourself, spacex is actually facing an existential threat

Didn't even have to wait for a loss of life, just some random shitty bird. lol

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Since he wasn't a globalist kowtowing scum, or a ultra cowardly fence sitter such as yourself, spacex is actually facing an existential threat

Oh shit not the piping plover. I'm pretty sure it could make golden retrievers extinct and spacex would still be e full steam ahead.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Bezos doesn't actually have more money to spend on litigation than Musk. In any case, at least for now, it seems SpaceX will be able to operate from Florida if Texas is a no-go.

If Florida becomes a no-go, they'll have to operate from converted oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, I guess.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Also quit spreading fake news.
In the accompanying BCO, the Service determined that the action, as proposed, is not likely to jeopardize the continued existence of the species listed above. The action area encompasses a relative small portion of the range wide habitat of each of the species addressed in this opinion and small portion of each species’ population.

The proposed action includes a variety of protective measures that are intended to minimize incidental take. Some of the measures include:

offsetting impacts by the conservation of similar habitat,

implementing measures that lessen noise and lighting impacts,

monitoring of species reactions or impacts to the species and/or their habitat

reducing impacts to habitat from anomalies and removal of debris and,

monitoring the effectiveness of the implemented measure.

partnering with the Service on its conservation partners to implement recovery plan actions.

For these reasons, the effect of the take anticipated in this BCO is not expected to significantly affect the species considered.

• 1Seriously?