The Batman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Omg this hat shit is still going on lol. I need to go buy a bunch of 10 gallon hats or some boonies.

View attachment 404303
lol, when i was in my early twenties, my dad went to mexico and before he left i asked him to bring me one of those big Mexican sombreros. i said that jokingly, but next time i saw him he was holding a big shopping bag. i had no idea what was inside. it looked like some kind of wicker basket. nope it was that giant fucking mexican hat that i asked him to get me as a joke.
iu

at least he also got me some cuban cigars and a switchblade along with it. have i mentioned i collect knives/swords/assorted weapons too?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol, when i was in my early twenties, my dad went to mexico and before he left i asked him to bring me one of those big Mexican sombreros. i said that jokingly, but next time i saw him he was holding a big shopping bag. i had no idea what was inside. it looked like some kind of wicker basket. nope it was that giant fucking mexican hat that i asked him to get me as a joke.
iu

at least he also got me some cuban cigars and a switchblade along with it. have i mentioned i collect knives/swords/assorted weapons too?
I got dragged to Mexico one time and I knew to get back to the border before night time and my friends that were Mexican stayed thinking they were all good, wasn't a good night for them lol.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Omg this hat shit is still going on lol.
Hats are ultimately more interesting than depressed Batman.

This is why I love Chuk haha.

Know what makes any female instantly more attractive? A beret:

e0d3de5b1c35ce346165764e88f63060.jpg

...and this is somewhat thread/batman relevant because of Vicki Vale!

vicki-vale-hat.jpg

Look, some of you are Batman fangirls... and I get it. But this movie sucked in the long run and the more time goes on, the more this opinion is marinating and becoming the way it is in my mind. I will again state that the utter proof this movie sucked is the fact that no one cared who played the Joker, and no one got excited about the Joker.

Also there was this huge dramatic build-up/silence when he cut the giant electric chandelier thing-a-ma-bob, and then jumped in like he was making the ultimate sacrifice, and what happened? NOTHING. Dude just swam to the surface and saved people. It just sucked... it's mind boggling why people are simping over this mess.

Tell you what: remove the fact it's Batman and instead it's just a sorta who-dun-it film with some vigilante named Vengeance who instantly guesses every mystery correctly except the one of him looking at himself in the mirror. Would you really think the movie was great then?

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
People weren't excited about the Joker because we've seen enough fucking Jokers. Do something else. Some sort of weird take on Mr Freeze. Zsasz would work well in this universe. Hush would be new and fresh.
I'm guessing they meant to tease Bane which could be cool if he was a bit closer to the comic version. No more Jokers plz

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
clayface, mad hatter were done quite well in the cartoon show, could work with a more noir/darker universe too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hats are ultimately more interesting than depressed Batman.

This is why I love Chuk haha.

Know what makes any female instantly more attractive? A beret:

View attachment 404312

...and this is somewhat thread/batman relevant because of Vicki Vale!

View attachment 404314

Look, some of you are Batman fangirls... and I get it. But this movie sucked in the long run and the more time goes on, the more this opinion is marinating and becoming the way it is in my mind. I will again state that the utter proof this movie sucked is the fact that no one cared who played the Joker, and no one got excited about the Joker.

Also there was this huge dramatic build-up/silence when he cut the giant electric chandelier thing-a-ma-bob, and then jumped in like he was making the ultimate sacrifice, and what happened? NOTHING. Dude just swam to the surface and saved people. It just sucked... it's mind boggling why people are simping over this mess.

Tell you what: remove the fact it's Batman and instead it's just a sorta who-dun-it film with some vigilante named Vengeance who instantly guesses every mystery correctly except the one of him looking at himself in the mirror. Would you really think the movie was great then?
i'm already forgetting this movie. i wont ever forget Vicki Vale though.
batman-joker.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Just some questions. Hat topic take your time though please:

(Don't read all this shit, but maybe just randomly glance at one.)

Batman has been working 2 years but a common street gang had no idea who he was?

Batman had enough credentials at this point to just walk into any murder scene and start handling murder evidence?

Is officer Martinez the real detective and adult in this film? (He knew what a fucking carpet tool was where Batman just blurts out "THATS the murder weapon". Yeah I see the blood and hair on it, I'm batman too.)

Are Batman and Gordon SUPPOSED to be terrible detectives (as said explicitly by the Penguin)?

Twofer here:
Is the Riddler a better Batman investigator as he was able to put all the Gotham crime pieces together all while being an orphan meth head?
2 years and it seems Batman hasn't even investigated his own parents murders? He shoulda moved his fucking computer into the Riddler's office and started taking notes.

Did Kramer (AKA Falcone) NOT know that was his daughter? (Which makes the scenes where he's grabbing her face and entertaining private audiences with her really strange/electra complex.

Does half this movie take place in a night club(this is just a directors complaint I think)?

Does Batman get off on beating up door men?

I could go on, but in my conclusion:

I felt I was watching a poor script written for WB TV show episode Gotham. However, it was 2 hours too long, batman was clueless on every scene. Nice flashy visuals. Irish Colin Farrell was an odd choice for a wise guy Penguin character, but I didn't mind it (His acting was mostly his voice as this makeup took over his face). I felt bad for the Riddler and no connection with screamo boy. I think there was also some underlying propaganda agenda here (the online terror web forum that he WANTED batman to find, the casting ofc, the "rich white men" deserve it line by old-washed-up-guitar-guy's daughter etc).

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just some questions. Hat topic take your time though please:

(Don't read all this shit, but maybe just randomly glance at one.)

Batman has been working 2 years but a common street gang had no idea who he was?

Batman had enough credentials at this point to just walk into any murder scene and start handling murder evidence?

Is officer Martinez the real detective and adult in this film? (He knew what a fucking carpet tool was where Batman just blurts out "THATS the murder weapon". Yeah I see the blood and hair on it, I'm batman too.)

Are Batman and Gordon SUPPOSED to be terrible detectives (as said explicitly by the Penguin)?

Twofer here:
Is the Riddler a better Batman investigator as he was able to put all the Gotham crime pieces together all while being an orphan meth head?
2 years and it seems Batman hasn't even investigated his own parents murders? He shoulda moved his fucking computer into the Riddler's office and started taking notes.

Did Kramer (AKA Falcone) NOT know that was his daughter? (Which makes the scenes where he's grabbing her face and entertaining private audiences with her really strange/electra complex.

Does half this movie take place in a night club(this is just a directors complaint I think)?

Does Batman get off on beating up door men?

I could go on, but in my conclusion:

I felt I was watching a poor script written for WB TV show episode Gotham. However, it was 2 hours too long, batman was clueless on every scene. Nice flashy visuals. Irish Colin Farrell was an odd choice for a wise guy Penguin character, but I didn't mind it (His acting was mostly his voice as this makeup took over his face). I felt bad for the Riddler and no connection with screamo boy. I think there was also some underlying propaganda agenda here (the online terror web forum that he WANTED batman to find, the casting ofc, the "rich white men" deserve it line by old-washed-up-guitar-guy's daughter etc).
that rich white men line was so cringe coming from her. her RL dad is half black. grampa was a rich white man. her RL mom is half black, with a white grandma. and talk about entitled, if she didnt have rich parents in the entertainment industry she would be doing onlyfans scat fetish videos to pay for her drug habit.

• 1Pathetic

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Grats. You're in ratified company with this hot take. A fucking tranny attention whore and a forever alone guy with consistently the dumbest fucking takes on everything who legit doesn't think it's wierd he has more hats than Jackie fucking O.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Popcorn
  • 1Great Review

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
that rich white men line was so cringe coming from her. her RL dad is half black. grampa was a rich white man. her RL mom is half black, with a white grandma. and talk about entitled, if she didnt have rich parents in the entertainment industry she would be doing onlyfans scat fetish videos to pay for her drug habit.
You realize she's playing the character and not herself, right? That's kind of how fiction works.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Grats. You're in ratified company with this hot take. A fucking tranny attention whore and a forever alone guy with consistently the dumbest fucking takes on everything who legit doesn't think it's wierd he has more hats than Jackie fucking O.
just because you're some poor who cant afford any hats doesnt mean everyone else is as big of a pathetic loser as you. if i want to spend my money on hats thats what i'm going to do and a commie pinko like you wont stop me.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Ya, he gotcha Chuk. Matt Reeves probably has a LOT of money... who else would be so passionately angry at someone disliking this movie? Mott Serrve, err TomServo, that's who!

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Good comeback wierdo. Obviously I'm poor. Keen detective work batman!
YOU POOR!! Meanwhile, Astro likes to brag about how many movies he torrents or used to steal by sneaking into theaters like a hoodrat.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ya, he gotcha Chuk. Matt Reeves probably has a LOT of money... who else would be so passionately angry at someone disliking this movie? Mott Serrve, err TomServo, that's who!
i did say it had some good moments and well done photography when it wasnt boring, overlong and massively unoriginal. nobody seemed to care that they ripped off Se7en and other films.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
i did say it had some good moments and well done photography when it wasnt boring, overlong and massively unoriginal. nobody seemed to care that they ripped off Se7en and other films.
Thought the exact same thing.

• 1Like