The Batman

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
holy shit, this shit just jumped the shark.
this is BAD, they literally reshot a scene from Se7en. it was a slow burn til around 1h45 minutes. after that the movie put its pants over its head. thats too bad because there were 4 or so cool scenes up to that point. wow. another 30 minutes to go. will edit when i'm done

ok done. movie was waaaaaaaay too fucking long. the flood had no payoff though it was an interesting concept. the jeffrey dahmer Riddler was fucking pathetic. wasnt that Matt Reeves roomate? they tried so hard to be edgy they ripped off themes and an entire scenes from Se7en. the chick playing Catwoman has a nice little body, but her face looks like a mongoloid. its distracting. she has one line where she says "gotham is run by rich entitled white men" and my eyes rolled almost off my head considering she is digging Bats and she is mostly white, even in the movie her dad is white.
id say up until the last hour it was building up slowly to something, but it went into the toilet after Riddler was arrested. the end scene with Riddler and Joker was done so many times in better movies. is there some clause in a contract that they have to include that one scene in a prison where the next movie big bad has to reveal himself? none of this was new or all that interesting.
i did like some things.
Batman fleeing the police station was pretty sweet
Batman's car chase with Penguin was pretty sweet
Batman punching baddies pretty sweet.
Gotham's seawalls exploding was pretty sweet
the "noir" stuff is always cool
up to 1h45m, movie was ok-good
last hour was fucking stupid.
3 or 4 overall. it would have been a 5 or 6 if they hadnt shit the bed.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How was the riddler acted as a villain? good/bad?
Lets just say the Riddler in the TV show Gotham did a better job. i cant say he was as bad as Jim Carey's Riddler.

btw dont take my word for it. my taste in films doesnt jive well with this board. wait for some more trusted reviews than mine.

• 1Garbage

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Jim Carrey Ridder was fine and fit the overall tone of that movie.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Jim Carrey Ridder was fine and fit the overall tone of that movie.
yeah, he was "fine"
iu

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
That Batman movie was a cheese fest so that Riddler fit in with the shitty Two Face anyway

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I liked Riddler a lot, but I'm a big fan of Paul Dano after There Will be Blood.

Long movie, pretty good, not great.

Could see this Batman existing in the same world as Phoenix's Joker.

Some of the stuff towards the end was pretty eyeroll-level stupid, but I enjoyed the cast.

Nothing worth staying after the credits to see.

This movie overall felt like a really good first chapter for a number of characters, and I hope we get to see some of those stories told.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
And you wanna be my latex salesman...
LoL!!!! A+ quote/reference

Anyway....

What can be said about the approximately dozen different Batman movies released in the past 35ish years?

• Michael Keaton
  • Val Kilmer
  • George Clooney
  • Christian Bale
  • Ben Afflex
  • Edward Cullen

This is just too much~ Hell, even now Spider-Man is too much imo. Retroactively, Andrew Garfield's ones should have never existed.

I agree that Batman is one of the greatest characters ever created by DC (Marvel level of quality) in an endless bevy of just... awful characters:

arms.jpg

...but is the obsession THIS great to warrant this many films about Batman? I say noooooo, and that's not just because I'm a huge MCU cheerleader, promise.

9n2WdShoPf8agf2bNkGSpV.jpg

^ This is still the pinnacle of Batman, and that's said whilst I can also say that Nolan's take was actually better on every level, but sort of like video games, sometimes the original that spawned better sequels just make it "the best" by default, and that's '89 Batman to me.

edit - More on topic of THIS film though, I heard from Jahns and Stuckmann it's good and I trust those guys so... damn. Conflicted if I want to watch it when it comes out on vidja, "now" or just scrub it from memory. Arr-mateying it now feels like I'll just be seeing a constant black smudge. Dark movies are always awful to arr-matey.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the people seem pretty positive overall, i'll probably see it next week during the day. 3 hours ugh

Screenshot_20220304-091629.jpg

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That score and review don’t match up. You know a 6/10 means it’s better than average right?

Want to try again?

It gets an extra point for being partially filmed in Liverpool, which is where I grew up.

Happy now cuckman?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw this today and really enjoyed it. Probably my second favorite Batman movie. TDK just can’t be beat. The acting was great by everyone. Visuals were great and the fight scenes were good. Very much looking forward to a sequel. Especially if it’s Court of Owls.

My only criticisms are this version of Bruce Wayne isn’t the best. Bruce Wayne should have charm and swagger. Not be all down and mopey. And it felt like Matt Reeves told Paul Dano to just do his best Joker impersonation and then they will say it’s the Riddler. Nothing about the character felt like the Riddler and felt more like the Joker.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Saw this today and really enjoyed it. Probably my second favorite Batman movie. TDK just can’t be beat. The acting was great by everyone. Visuals were great and the fight scenes were good. Very much looking forward to a sequel. Especially if it’s Court of Owls.

My only criticisms are this version of Bruce Wayne isn’t the best. Bruce Wayne should have charm and swagger. Not be all down and mopey. And it felt like Matt Reeves told Paul Dano to just do his best Joker impersonation and then they will say it’s the Riddler. Nothing about the character felt like the Riddler and felt more like the Joker.
160px-Jeffrey_Dahmer_HS_Yearbook.jpg

jeffrey dahmer

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And it felt like Matt Reeves told Paul Dano to just do his best Joker impersonation and then they will say it’s the Riddler. Nothing about the character felt like the Riddler and felt more like the Joker.

Worst take on the internet today.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Watched it, visuals were amazing! A lot of the presentation details are. The argument is... ok. Not great.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought this was fantastic. Visuals were amazing and Pattinson is an excellent Batman. I'm just not that thrilled with his Bruce Wayne portrayal, but I'm also not sure how much of that is on the writers/director instead.

All that said, it still wasn't TDK level. I honestly think Pattinson makes a better Batman, but a worse Wayne than Bale. Plus, Ledger's performance is unmatched. If TDK was a 10/10 Batman movie, this was probably an 8/10. I also groaned hard at Catwoman's wokeness.

Nobody fucks with the Falcone!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I thought this was fantastic. Visuals were amazing and Pattinson is an excellent Batman. I'm just not that thrilled with his Bruce Wayne portrayal, but I'm also not sure how much of that is on the writers/director instead.

All that said, it still wasn't TDK level. I honestly think Pattinson makes a better Batman, but a worse Wayne than Bale. Plus, Ledger's performance is unmatched. If TDK was a 10/10 Batman movie, this was probably an 8/10. I also groaned hard at Catwoman's wokeness.

Nobody fucks with the Falcone!
Admit it. You went there to jerk off to Pattinson. Pee wee Herman style.