The Batman

Nester

Vyemm Raider
it seems like a writer or director problem. I thought the acting was fine, I didn't mind emo batman, he just needed some muscle definition. Colin Farell was great. I couldn't stop seeing the mob boss as the butler from Mr. Deeds with the bad foot.

The car chase was dumb but cool looking, it's a fucking jet engine. The fighting was meh and semi-retarded (shotgun). So maybe it is director. We get advanced tech (contact lense) but no lucius fox, no Q. Detective batman was squandered. Gordon was the real hero or the incel mafia.

I kept expecting Falcone to call Megatron to come get Batman.

Detective Batman was cool, detective Batman not solving a single thing nor stoping the plot was lame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I kept expecting Falcone to call Megatron to come get Batman.

Detective Batman was cool, detective Batman not solving a single thing nor stoping the plot was lame.
Having Batman work for Riddler was the movies' meta unexpected twist.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Best Batman movie IMHO. Also seems most true to the Miller comics run - dark, detective noir.

My ratings in order of quality:

- The Batman
- Bayle Batman
- BatFleck
- Keaton Batman
- Clooney Batman

Had zero expectations but Edward Cullen was good. 👍

Largely agree but I would put Keaton ahead of Affleck. Feels like Affleck never even got to get off the ground with it, and no solo movie is an issue. He did well with what he got, and had the potential to be #3 if DC hadn't dropped the ball so much, but yeah, I think Keaton takes that spot.

Also you forgot Kilmer Batman, who I'd say falls right between Affleck and Clooney in the lower tiers.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for what it's worth, i thought ben affleck was an AMAZING flashpoint thomas wayne. he came across as completely unhinged in BvS. justice league very much less so, but still had a hint of "this dude is not okay" behind his eyes.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I really liked that Batman liked the scenes where Gordon brought batman into the crime scenes and walked past all the cops. It just felt right.
I could see the panels in the comics in my head where this happened countless times. Respect the detective.

Then he did not detect anything, did not stop anything, did not prove his worth as a detective at all. – Bleh.
The Riddler’s plan worked, for the most part, I really enjoyed the scene were the Riddler was legits surprised batman was not on his side, I felt that worked very well.

But there was no real ending imo no conclusion, no Epilog about batman letting all those people die by not being a good enough detective, had no idea about the bombs.
Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Is this a trilogy ? Felt unfinished.

• 2Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I went in with very low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. First part of the movie needed to be cleaned up a bit. Riddler needed a better mask/outfit. Don't need to go full Jim Carrey, but give him a dark green bowler hat and a mask instead of....dr doom or whatever the hell that was. I liked how psychotic they made him, but I'm not sure if it was the acting or the directing, but the screams of frustration sounded really fake. There are other small changes I'd have preferred, but I enjoyed it overall. I may even buy a ticket if they make a sequel....nah, they'll probably fuck it up.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best Batman movie IMHO. Also seems most true to the Miller comics run - dark, detective noir.

My ratings in order of quality:

- The Batman
- Bayle Batman
- BatFleck
- Keaton Batman
- Clooney Batman

Had zero expectations but Edward Cullen was good. 👍
I don't plan on ever watching this again, Batman begins/TDK and Burton/Keaton I've watched over and over. I know I watched Begins/TDK multiple times in theatre

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched this, finally - after buying tickets for the wrong date a couple of weeks ago, lol...

Watched it off HBO Max on the Optoma P2 UST projector: HBO quality was fucking bad. Colors were shit, grainy as fuck. I saw quite a few other complaints like this also.

Loved the noir style, they nailed the detective scenes/scenes with Batman around the police, as some other guys stated. Enjoyed the Riddler, he was based. Did he even do anything wrong? I don't think so. Very solid movie, I'd watch another.

Had almost all the elements to be a "great movie", just didn't quite get there. The first 1/2 of the movie was quite a bit superior, to the back-half. Still absolutely worth watching.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Watched this, finally - after buying tickets for the wrong date a couple of weeks ago, lol...

Watched it off HBO Max on the Optoma P2 UST projector: HBO quality was fucking bad. Colors were shit, grainy as fuck. I saw quite a few other complaints like this also.

Loved the noir style, they nailed the detective scenes/scenes with Batman around the police, as some other guys stated. Enjoyed the Riddler, he was based. Did he even do anything wrong? I don't think so. Very solid movie, I'd watch another.

Had almost all the elements to be a "great movie", just didn't quite get there. The first 1/2 of the movie was quite a bit superior, to the back-half. Still absolutely worth watching.

Riddler was the true vigilante Gotham needed.

• 2Solidarity

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's the acting. Paul Dano kinda sucks. He always feels like a guy playing a guy

He’s fitting for some things. I think he was cast well in Prisoners.

Otherwise I think the it’s the fault of the director for having a bad vision for the Riddler or making bad casting decision for the Riddler.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider
First half was good, second half was not. Should have cut 15 minutes or more.

4/10 for me overall. Not one of my favourite Batmans. The atmosphere was good, the casting terrible and it went on too long.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

The more I think about this movie the more it gets worse. The acting was good, story/writing was horrible.

Batman begins was great on developing the character

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Also this scene frome Batman Begins is 100× better than anything this movie did

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't remember your review, I just remember a weird hat derail lol
holy shit, this shit just jumped the shark.

this is BAD, they literally reshot a scene from Se7en. it was a slow burn til around 1h45 minutes. after that the movie put its pants over its head. thats too bad because there were 4 or so cool scenes up to that point. wow. another 30 minutes to go. will edit when i'm done

ok done. movie was waaaaaaaay too fucking long. the flood had no payoff though it was an interesting concept. the jeffrey dahmer Riddler was fucking pathetic. wasnt that Matt Reeves roomate? they tried so hard to be edgy they ripped off themes and an entire scenes from Se7en. the chick playing Catwoman has a nice little body, but her face looks like a mongoloid. its distracting. she has one line where she says "gotham is run by rich entitled white men" and my eyes rolled almost off my head considering she is digging Bats and she is mostly white, even in the movie her dad is white.
id say up until the last hour it was building up slowly to something, but it went into the toilet after Riddler was arrested. the end scene with Riddler and Joker was done so many times in better movies. is there some clause in a contract that they have to include that one scene in a prison where the next movie big bad has to reveal himself? none of this was new or all that interesting.
i did like some things.
Batman fleeing the police station was pretty sweet
Batman's car chase with Penguin was pretty sweet
Batman punching baddies pretty sweet.
Gotham's seawalls exploding was pretty sweet
the "noir" stuff is always cool
up to 1h45m, movie was ok-good
last hour was fucking stupid.
3 or 4 overall. it would have been a 5 or 6 if they hadnt shit the bed.