The Beer Thread

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
God damn Dragon's Milk is such a good value. $6/22oz for an 11% bourbon barrel aged stout, yes please.
I 100% agree... For the money, you cannot go wrong. I actually prefer it to a lot of the limited release $20+ Bourbon barrel stouts that come out.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I 100% agree... For the money, you cannot go wrong. I actually prefer it to a lot of the limited release $20+ Bourbon barrel stouts that come out.
Gotta agree. But I do love splurging once and awhile for the big boys(Vanilla Rye is still one of my favorite beers of all time). Very hesitant about this years Bourbon Counties with all the infections. New rumor going around is that even the non adjunct version has some infection sprouting up... A little worried about my regal ryes.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
A low carb craft ale? WTF this isnt the future man!
Yea
biggrin.png
I went today and looked and they didn't have the stuff on the list I wanted. I randomly got big sky which I knew was pretty tasty, and ethos which I had never tried. They are 14 and 20 carbs whereas the snakedog stuff is 10.

I'll just have one now and then.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gotta agree. But I do love splurging once and awhile for the big boys(Vanilla Rye is still one of my favorite beers of all time). Very hesitant about this years Bourbon Counties with all the infections. New rumor going around is that even the non adjunct version has some infection sprouting up... A little worried about my regal ryes.
I'd push that past a rumor... I just had a friend on FB post about how infected his normal version was (not nearly as bad as the BW though). He had another to verify and while it wasn't the as bad it was still on the progression path toward full blown infection.

Sad
frown.png
Is this what ABInbev does to a brewery?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think 805 is more of their flagship than any of their IPAs. Love that beer.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Had the just released Alesmith DIPA the other day. My buddy touted it as being better than PTE. I'm not saying I agree, but it's in the conversation.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
RR br0s. This beer list...

Firestone Walker Brewing Company - Beer Lineup

No wonder this is one of the most exclusive and expensive beer fests around. Gonna get my lips on some Dark Lord! I believe Russian River Intinction is a debut just for this fest as well.
|Don't get too hyped on DL most people say the regular one is kinda soy sauce tasting. Now if they pour Brandy Vanilla Dark Lord you should have an erection already.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
|Don't get too hyped on DL most people say the regular one is kinda soy sauce tasting. Now if they pour Brandy Vanilla Dark Lord you should have an erection already.
Dark Lord is absolutely delicious (There is better, but still top-tier). Do these people have taste buds that say it is soy-sauce tasting? It has a incredibly slight sweet soy taste, but that it is a very minuscule amount. The coffee, vanilla, dark chocolate have 20x the potency of the "soy-sauce" flavor. Basically the soy is an afterthought, moreso a byproduct of the combination

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I've had that one a couple times before back in Cincinnati. I agree it's pretty damn good. Saturday's gonna be so good.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Recovering from my 2ndbeer festin as many weekends today, really great way to try out the experimental shit that breweries are testing out. The amount of variety you see in IPAs is ridiculous, my favorite overall was a cold brew coffee IPA from a small brewery. Lots of gose style beers showing up, some of them are pretty good but not something I would normally order. Monkey Paw, Modern Times and Ballast Point had some really good options.