The Beer Thread

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am a huge fan on Pumpkin Ales and I must say I have never tried the Ballast Point-Pumpkin Down until this weekend and it is by far one of my favorites. Clean crisp flavor without the heavy Pumpkin style spices the other throws in.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Picked this guy up yesterday. Had a good end of summer flavor to it.

Sixteen-Counties.png

kudos

<Banned>
o7Uuufq.jpg

Selling these as a lot in Tampa area. 2nd and 3rd edition El Catador + raffle winnings:

Caffe Americano Double Stout - Rum Barrel Aged
Good Gourd Almighty Pumpkin Ale - Rum Barrel Aged
Da Un Beso a la Botella Tropical-style Imperial Export Stout - Rum Barrel Aged
Grand Mule Imperial Porter - Bourbon Barrel Aged
Error Establishing Database Barley-wine - Cognac Barrel Aged
Leon Barley-wine - Brandy Barrel
Lorem Ipsum Barley-wine - Brandy Barrel Aged
Outskirts Imperial Porter - Bourbon Barrel Aged
Opal Dry-hopped Old-Ale - Bourbon Barrel Aged
Marshal Zhukov Imperial Russian Stout - Sherry Barrel Aged
Endless Nameless Imperial Stout - Bourbon Barrel Aged
De-coherence Imperial Stout & Porter - Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter + Brandy Barrel Aged Stout

The 2013 Marshal Zhukov and 2013 Good Gourd isn't really for sale, I just put it in there to show a friend. The sherry barrel and rum barrel ones are though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
Got some

34100728052.jpg

Was looking for a tasty summer beer. Not bad, has a nice lemony taste to it. Now I'm gonna go outside and grill up some brats.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That's how I find shandies in general; too much of whatever flavor it's pairing with the beer.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You guys seem to gravitate towards top shelf brews, but if you're looking for a tasty beer on the cheap Busch's Signature Copper Lager is fucking delicious for the price. Costs a bit more than their low end swill, but you can still pick up a 12 pack for about $10 out the door. Plus it's 5.7%, doesn't taste like ass, and won't leave you with a horrible hangover.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've only had that beer once and it was because an Airbnb host left it in the fridge. Understood why it was the free beer immediately.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's definitely not A+ stuff, but if you want to drink 8 of something without spending $20 or waking up with a hangover it's the way to go.

My girlfriend usually can only drink Bud Light and even she enjoys the stuff.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Science moment -- cheap beers often produce stronger hangovers due to sloppy brewing techniques, leaving undesirable fermentation products like acetaldehyde in the final product. After much self-experimentation and research I believe I have acquired the ability to distinguish between beers with high and low levels of acetaldehyde/acetic acid. Busch Signature Copper Lager seems to be leading the pack when it comes to well brewed macro beers.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I had some Revolver - Blood and Honey yesterday. It was fantastic. Not sure how easy it is to find outside of TX though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Boulevard Brewing put out their 2017 release schedule this week
boulevard_release_calendar_2017_v01.png

Really looking forward to a few of the new ones. The Scotch on Scotch(Rye on Rye is great), as well as their Milk Stout. interested to see how their Cider and Barleywine turn out. I've sampled the Cider at their brewery and it was pretty good, but they've never released it for sale before.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What's an above average Boulevard to try, that gets west coast distro? I've seen various of the smokestack series, and have tried maybe 3 (not necessarily smokestack). None bad, but nothing stood out enough to remember what it was I tried.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What's an above average Boulevard to try, that gets west coast distro? I've seen various of the smokestack series, and have tried maybe 3 (not necessarily smokestack). None bad, but nothing stood out enough to remember what it was I tried.

My favorite year-round beer is easily Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale, it comes in 4-pack bottles and the large 750ml bottles as well. It's damn potent, around 9% ABV. Most of the Seasonals are solid, but it looks like only distributed in the midwest(Bobs 47 is amazing, I have a stockpile of it in my house right now)

Their Unfiltered Wheat is good, and was fairly unique when they started making it 20+ years ago, but it's not overly unique in todays beer market. But it still like it a lot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
just did a bachelor party in Portland, had a Brewvana brewery tour.

would highly recommend. though I think i have to stay away from craft beer for a week or so now, after drinking about 10 gallons of it in under 48 hours

Brewvana-bus.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tank 7 is probably the most common Boulevard beer we find out here. At least in the Bay Area.

Caliane

I am a huge fan on Pumpkin Ales and I must say I have never tried the Ballast Point-Pumpkin Down until this weekend and it is by far one of my favorites. Clean crisp flavor without the heavy Pumpkin style spices the other throws in.
yeah, searching quick through the thread, I think it was mentioned a few times. Love Traveler's shandys. They seem a cut above all the others I've tried.
Especially, the pumpkin shandy. alot of pumpkin ales, etc, have all sorts of spices, etc, and pumpkin flavoring. Travelers has pumpkin, and tastes like there is actually pumpkin in there, which it does.
Same with the lemon and grapefruits shandy.

I don't know how widespread they are though.
The Traveler Beer Company

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Boulevard Brewing put out their 2017 release schedule this week

Really looking forward to a few of the new ones. The Scotch on Scotch(Rye on Rye is great), as well as their Milk Stout. interested to see how their Cider and Barleywine turn out. I've sampled the Cider at their brewery and it was pretty good, but they've never released it for sale before.
I like that they put the Tasting Room beer in the Sampler Packs... looks like the American Kolsch got good enough reviews. Looking forward to the milk stout.
Thanks for the chart!!

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, Tank 7 is usually the easiest to find which is nice because it's easily in my top 10 favorite beers.

Related- Eager to check out their Barleywine. God, I love barleywine for some reason.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Spotted their Funkier Pumpkin today. It's labeled as a spiced sour ale. It's very different as pumpkin ales go (and sours for that matter). Not so overly sour that you can't taste the spices that you would normally associate with a pumpkin beer. Very noticeable vanilla flavor. I don't normally want any sort of pumpkin beer during warmer weather but I could drink this one at anytime during the summer.