The Beer Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just saw both of these at the bevmo near work. Pretty surprised as i'm down in southern california. the 6 pack of kbs was $25 and a 4 of CBS was $12
Those are about the same price I pay in Minneapolis, though I never saw a 4pk of CBS, only bombers. Get them! I managed a case of KBS from my local liquor store (and they gave me a 20% case discount!)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just posted this in the shit I just bought thread and I think it is relevant here...

This shit is awesome, way more convenient than fresh limes. Great for Corona or Pacifico or Vodka Soda or even making Guacamole.

I just bought a 500 pack.

TruLime

51gBQo2EX0L.jpg

Last edited:

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I Just got a pack of Dragon's Milk cherry chocolate reserve. Holy crap this is good.

Also been buying up Aecht Schlenkerla dopplebock whenever I see it. It is so smoky and unique I cant get enough. Not too pricey either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This was damn tasty, really hit the spot after helping my brother in law move all day.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180714200556873_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180714200556873_COVER.jpg

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Anyone have anything new and exciting?

If you're in Southern California (orange county) Phantom Ale Works is great. Nice range of styles including a couple meads. I tried their Cranberry Pomegranate which was stupid good, and at 13% (iirc) I wouldn't have guessed there was alcohol in it if I hadn't known beforehand. Tasted just like juice. That stuff is how you fuck shit up at Thanksgiving.

They have solid food as well.

Phantom Specials Cinco de Mayo Weekend

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
At Costco the other day I saw Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest. It's pretty good, and I don't usually like Sierra Nevada.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
SF beer scene is tops right now. I barely drink anything not local if I can help it. And it's not hipsterism. I'm still on the hazy train and Barebottle makes the best. Cellarmaker is still killing it and is opening a new, much large, taproom in the Mission which is way better than where the original is.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
SF beer scene is tops right now. I barely drink anything not local if I can help it. And it's not hipsterism. I'm still on the hazy train and Barebottle makes the best. Cellarmaker is still killing it and is opening a new, much large, taproom in the Mission which is way better than where the original is.
fuuuuck I wish they did that a year ago when I was visiting!

edit: I need to get a work-remote job for a tech company out there so I can travel there often without living there.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Nice! I had some Spaten and Hofbrau last weekend at a German Oktoberfest restaurant. Beer tastes better in 1 liter steins.

• 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
That's the box they have at costco right now? I'm going to pick up the veer advent calendar next time I go.

Side note; it's funny how a particular style/beer can hit the spot sometime. Was out with a buddy of mine last weekend, met up kinda late on Friday night and started with Modern Times Black House Coffee stout and followed that with an Oscar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pills. Both were fantastic; rich and roasty, then crisp and palate cleansing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's the box they have at costco right now? I'm going to pick up the veer advent calendar next time I go.

Side note; it's funny how a particular style/beer can hit the spot sometime. Was out with a buddy of mine last weekend, met up kinda late on Friday night and started with Modern Times Black House Coffee stout and followed that with an Oscar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pills. Both were fantastic; rich and roasty, then crisp and palate cleansing.
Paulaner is at Costco but I'd say this is my favorite Octoberfest. Close call I love Paul's Marzen so much.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If you're ever near Whitehall Michigan (20 miles north of Muskegon), go to Fetch Brewery. They have a bunch of very good beer. The problem is, they don't distribute. They only sell from their single location. They have a real variety. They have one called "Pleasure Pit," and it's an apricot beer. I typically don't like fruit beer like that, but this is so tasty! They also have a ton of IPAs that are good. They actually grow and harvest their own hops, quite a few varieties. I have tried a bunch of their beer, I have yet to find one I don't like.

https://www.fetchbrewing.com/

Sorry if I posted on this already. I couldn't remember if I did, and I just had some of their beer again.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Never had Rogue Dead Guy Ale before so picked up a six last weekend. Very nice.

• 1Solidarity

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Picked up a few bombers of Founders CBS (was released on 11/2). Probably the best CBS I've had yet and easily one of the top 20 beers I've ever had.

If you can find it, spend the money (~$24.99 around here) and pick up atleast one. Get a fire going in the fireplace, put an NFL game on, and enjoy!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Doubt I will buy the Wit again but the other two are awesome. Blood and honey is 7% alcohol and no where near the terribleness that is IPAs. Paulaner is just damn good.

Thanks Regime!

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Doubt I will buy the Wit again but the other two are awesome. Blood and honey is 7% alcohol and no where near the terribleness that is IPAs. Paulaner is just damn good.

Thanks Regime!

Terribleness that are IPA's? Far from my favorite but i can appreciate.
I've had a couple different blood orange beer, they were all at least decent.
Don't think I've had any Paulaner unless it was at my bachelor party which was at an octoberfest.