The Beer Thread

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well, I thought this Strawberry Blonde would be a good pool beer. Shit is nasty. What a way to ruin bikinis and sun.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Split a bottle of the 2015 of this with a friend tonight, really really good. Very smooth for just under 10%

rrr_img_136266.png

Didn't try the original so can't compare, though it's 9.6 instead of 11 abv.

The Bruery | Batch 1

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I've been waiting for Wicked Weed's distribution to reach out to coastal NC. Finally saw some show up this week and I picked up some Tropicmost. A little tart and a little salty. One of the better goses I've tried.

image-123-e1458760237244-510x510.jpeg

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Thinking about going to this...

"Join Perennial Artisan Ales and 55 of our brewer friends for our "Funky Fifth" Annual Midwest Belgian Beer Fest on Saturday, July 30 from 1-5 pm.

Tickets are $65 and includes a tasting glass along with funky, sour, & Belgian-style beers from the following breweries:

18th Street Brewery, 2nd Shift, 4 Hands, Against the Grain, Allagash, Almanac, Answer Brewpub, Barrelhouse Brewing, Bell's, Bluejacket, Boulevard, Bruery, Charleville, Cigar City, Commons, Crane, Crooked Stave, De Garde, Destihl, Firestone Walker, Fremont, Funk Factory, Green Bench, Half Acre, Hardywood, Jester King, Jolly Pumpkin, Longboat, Mark Twain, Marz Brewing, Mikkeller, Moody Tongue, New Belgium, Oakshire, Off Color, Ommegang, Ozark Beer,Penrose, Rare Barrel, Right Proper, Rockwell, Schlafly, Scratch, Side Project, Solemn Oath, Sun King, Three Floyds, Transient Artisan Ales, Une Annee, Upland, Urban Chestnut, Whiner, Wicked Weed, Wiseacre, Yazoo

Visithttps://www.facebook.com/MWBBF/?fref=ts
for more details"

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've found that most beer festivals are worth it. $65 is a little steep though. The Firestone Walker Invitational is $90 and that includes food.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I've found that most beer festivals are worth it. $65 is a little steep though. The Firestone Walker Invitational is $90 and that includes food.
It is also a fundraiser for the local public radio station so that is probably figured into the price.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's a good line up. the real question is how big the cap is for entrants.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's a good line up. the real question is how big the cap is for entrants.
This is very important. The best fests have moderate cut offs on ticket sales and they don't get overcrowded which means shorter lines and the breweries don't run out of beer as fast.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Going to HI tomorrow and will be almost walking distance from one of Maui Brewing's brew pubs. Looking forward to trying some things out.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Went to one in a mall near Napili honokowai and was kind of disappointed, I haven't really liked any Hawaiian beers though

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm moving in a month and becoming a Yosemite Sam. For now though having a taste of home.

jvApYAT.jpg