The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
july gwg
DDVh2MGVoAAJkNI.jpg:large

Sony mid year sale has a bunch of VR games on sale including Playstation VR Worlds, RIGS, Battlezone, and Super stardust at 50-65% off
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/mid-year-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-MIDYEARSALELP

Szlia

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is probably the highest budget art game since Silent Hill 4: The Room. There are some dumb parts (it's kinda the point, but there is clever dumb and dumb dumb and sometimes it's the wrong kind), but there are many great memorable elements, in game design, story and aesthetic. Try it if you have not played it already.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Some pretty good PS4 deals in that sale spronk mentioned.

God of war 3 remaster for $4
Shadow of mordor GOTY for $4

spronk

FPS noob
july PS+ games

PS4: Until Dawn, Game of Thrones, That's You
PS3: Tokyo Jungle, Darkstalkers Resurrection
Vita: Don't Die Mr Robot, Element4l

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great for people who somehow haven't played Until Dawn yet. Another shit month for everyone else, since GoT is easily Telltale's worst game.

Edit: Wasn't Tokyo Jungle already on PS+ before? I bought the game when it was new, but I could have sworn it was on plus at some point before I switched to PS4 exclusively.

Last edited:

Crone

july PS+ games

PS4: Until Dawn, Game of Thrones, That's You
PS3: Tokyo Jungle, Darkstalkers Resurrection
Vita: Don't Die Mr Robot, Element4l
Might be a month I get PS+ again. I thought I'd miss it, but then I realized I don't play anything online, and so it's completely un-necessary at the time.

spronk spronk On another note, is the early D2 beta access only for buying it for PC?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nice. I've almost bought Until Dawn several times, but never pulled the trigger. Finally a game I actually want on PS+.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Crone Crone The opposite... D2 beta is only for consoles in July, preorders get 3 days extra compared to everyone else. The PC beta is delayed just like the final release, sometime late August.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah if you preorder on amazon or best buy you get a beta code in email within a day or two, can cancel afterwards. at gamestop it prints on your receipt. i don't really expect beta to tell you much, i imagine the gameplay will be solid and it'll probably be a PVP beta and destiny has never had problems with any of that.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nice. I've almost bought Until Dawn several times, but never pulled the trigger. Finally a game I actually want on PS+.

I loved the game. VERY well done in my opinion.

Too bad about Game of Thrones being crap. I'll grab it anyway since it's free.

Vorph

yeah if you preorder on amazon or best buy you get a beta code in email within a day or two, can cancel afterwards. at gamestop it prints on your receipt. i don't really expect beta to tell you much, i imagine the gameplay will be solid and it'll probably be a PVP beta and destiny has never had problems with any of that.
Did Best Buy stop threatening to charge people a 'restocking fee' or some shit for doing that?

PVE-wise, there's supposedly one strike and one story mission in the beta. Would have preferred an exploration zone instead of a story mission but oh well. At least you can get a feel for the overhauled gear system and the new subclasses will be available.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop bumped up its trade values this weekend for many games, and on top of the base values you see on the website for games they are running a promo: trade in 6 or more games, get a 60% bump on TOP of that value. 70% if you are PUR Pro, which is $15/yr and totally worth it, just trading in $150+ of games will make it profitable.

They are ALSO running a b2g1f on all used games, consoles, and accessories this weekend and some people are going nuts and just buying a bunch of stuff at one store and trading it into another for a profit, its a lot of work and seems like a job but whatever makes people happy I guess - some guys will spend 4-5 hours and "make" $1500 or so, which is enough to pay off a new ps4 pro, xbox one X, switch, and enough for a few great games. The B2G1F is for pro members today and everyone tomorrow/sunday.

Crone

gamestop bumped up its trade values this weekend for many games, and on top of the base values you see on the website for games they are running a promo: trade in 6 or more games, get a 60% bump on TOP of that value. 70% if you are PUR Pro, which is $15/yr and totally worth it, just trading in $150+ of games will make it profitable.

They are ALSO running a b2g1f on all used games, consoles, and accessories this weekend and some people are going nuts and just buying a bunch of stuff at one store and trading it into another for a profit, its a lot of work and seems like a job but whatever makes people happy I guess - some guys will spend 4-5 hours and "make" $1500 or so, which is enough to pay off a new ps4 pro, xbox one X, switch, and enough for a few great games. The B2G1F is for pro members today and everyone tomorrow/sunday.
Of course I'm outta town for the 4th and will miss this. Would trade in every game I have, since I don't play any of them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I only own like one, fucker. It shows the last time you were online was over two years ago so I don't want to hear your shit!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So PSVR, worth it? Just traded in some games to Gamestop because they're having an insane 70% bonus on trade ins while also boosting a lot of TIV's. $616, probably going to trade in another $3-400 tomorrow.

Figure might as well hop on the PSVR bandwagon, too bad you can't find those fucking light guns anywhere.

Thinking about also buying a Switch but apparently there is zero inventory.

Vaclav

Anyone get their $15 for the spend $100 get $15 promo from PSN in June yet? Says on or before July 5th and not seen mine yet and there's a couple things I'd like to spend the credit on... wondering if it's time to worry the promo glitched on me.... (Not that it much matters, I'll spend real cash if need be but no sense in wasting cash if the promo is functioning)