The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wait what? How?
Just had to add it to cart and then when checking out a whole bunch of prime discounts got applied

Think they just fixed it. Looks like it was the whole toys and game section of prime deals, fuck me I should have been hitting the Legos

spronk

FPS noob
yeah people were buying $500 death star lego sets for $180, porsche gt 911 sets for $75, and a bunch of anime figurines for 50-75% off. it only lasted about 20 minutes, I picked up a few video games like kingdom hearts 2.8 but nothing crazy. No crazy deals on hardware or pc stuff afaik, just toys and video games

man i fucking hate crash bandicoot, game is making me feel old as fuck as i keep dying to simple platform jumping shit over and over. kinda makes me appreciate how easy video games have become in the last 10 years, i haven't experienced this level of difficulty in a video game in a long, long, long time. never played any of the originals either so don't have any nostalgic memories either, might play a few levels of each of the games and just trade it in.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playstation Gold Wireless headset is $60 right now too. It's a lightning deal that's sold 40% in ~30 minutes, so if you want one you'd better hurry. Seemed worth picking up for Destiny 2 since my old PS3 one is wired and I don't sit close enough to the PS4 to use it anymore.

Vaclav

Playstation Gold Wireless headset is $60 right now too. It's a lightning deal that's sold 40% in ~30 minutes, so if you want one you'd better hurry. Seemed worth picking up for Destiny 2 since my old PS3 one is wired and I don't sit close enough to the PS4 to use it anymore.

I forget, were you a Destiny 1 fan? Or has there been some evidence that it'll be much better? Not had it on my RADAR too much, figured I'd try the open beta and see if it is worthwhile.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan Utnayan Vorph Vorph Does the Gold headset have positional audio?

Yeah it's Virtual software based, but it works well (Called VSS on the headset and on by default. People swear by it in FPS games. It also comes with an app that lives on the PS4 in which you can set varying modes of sound.

Really nice headset for a console.

Only problem I ever have is always misplacing the blue tooth USB dongle. I need to attach it to the back of my PS4 and be done with it :)

Vorph

I forget, were you a Destiny 1 fan? Or has there been some evidence that it'll be much better? Not had it on my RADAR too much, figured I'd try the open beta and see if it is worthwhile.
Not really. Played year one on PS3, but they fucked the game up so much that I never even downloaded the DLCs that I paid for at release. I bought the complete edition recently and TTK/RoI seem to be a huge improvement over the base game.

As for D2 being much better, there's two main changes they've made that got me to give it a chance: 1. no more 'godrolls' -- weapons will have fixed perks (which could backfire if the best weapon of a particular type only comes from pvp, as I do not pvp ever) and 2. the dumb int/str/disc stats were replaced with ones that make a lot more sense. I wish they'd take it a step further and get rid of Xur and the reliance on vendors in general, but hopefully it's at least a lot less frustrating than Destiny is. I'm willing to give the base game a shot, but I certainly won't ever make the mistake of buying a season pass again.

Does the Gold headset have positional audio?
It doesn't have DTS Headphone:X but it does have some sort of 7.1 virtual surround. If you really want that I think Turtle Beach is the way to go; either the Stealth 520 that's currently available or the new Stealth 700 that won't be released until Sept. 4. They're both much more expensive than the Sony though, of course.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I used VSS in various shooters and I can hear footsteps and gunshots well based on position.

spronk

FPS noob
I've owned the gold headset for years, love it. Only thing I'd say is be really careful putting it on and taking it off, once I ripped it off and the side panel just broke, killing the entire headset. Its apparently really delicate, if you are careful should be fine. It also comes in an uncharted color version which was my replacement, nice gunmetal grey color.

Vaclav

Not really. Played year one on PS3, but they fucked the game up so much that I never even downloaded the DLCs that I paid for at release. I bought the complete edition recently and TTK/RoI seem to be a huge improvement over the base game.

As for D2 being much better, there's two main changes they've made that got me to give it a chance: 1. no more 'godrolls' -- weapons will have fixed perks (which could backfire if the best weapon of a particular type only comes from pvp, as I do not pvp ever) and 2. the dumb int/str/disc stats were replaced with ones that make a lot more sense. I wish they'd take it a step further and get rid of Xur and the reliance on vendors in general, but hopefully it's at least a lot less frustrating than Destiny is. I'm willing to give the base game a shot, but I certainly won't ever make the mistake of buying a season pass again.

It doesn't have DTS Headphone:X but it does have some sort of 7.1 virtual surround. If you really want that I think Turtle Beach is the way to go; either the Stealth 520 that's currently available or the new Stealth 700 that won't be released until Sept. 4. They're both much more expensive than the Sony though, of course.

Ah interesting - might actually be worth a serious gander....

Crone

So, got the normal weekly update email from Playstation, and noticed it has my total number of hours played on it. Makes sense they would have that information, but last I knew, there isn't anyway to see any kinda total hours played like Steam? Unless the individual game supports it, right?