The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
you have to pay for PS+ if you wanna do multiplayer and have cloud saves, and multiplayer is like 50% of my time on my ps4 pro. i play daily a game of COD and uncharted 4, and sometimes connect to my brother to fuck around with GTA 5 online (i prefer the PC version but he only has ps4)

plus in 36 days its Destiny 2

I said now not plus.

Plus is solid(like Xbox live).

Incorporate the two ( now and plus) would be awesome but Sony is skullfucking Xbox so bad they don't need to try.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i never understood ps now, just buy a ps3 if you really wanna play that old shit the games are cheap as fuck everywhere. i guess if you wanna save on devices and just play on PS4, its good for a month or two to run through the old back catalog.

one of the better things xbox did, putting BC right into the xbox one. Too bad they didn't go all in and make a PC version to run 360 games on Windows 10

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd love a way to play Lost Odyssey and maybe Vesperia if it ever makes it onto the BC list on my PC. Not going to bother with digging up a 360 to borrow or buy used just for that, but I'd certainly pay for a month of some service.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
EU Sony PS+ price hike 8/31, not clear if it's coming to other regions also.

1 Month – £5.99/€6.99 to £6.99/€7.99
3 Months – £14.99/€19.99 to £19.99/€24.99
1 Year – £39.99/€49.99 to £49.99/€59.99

So 3 times 1 month is cheaper then the 3-month sub itself?

Makes sense, great industry with strong shotcallers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd love a way to play Lost Odyssey and maybe Vesperia if it ever makes it onto the BC list on my PC. Not going to bother with digging up a 360 to borrow or buy used just for that, but I'd certainly pay for a month of some service.

That's kinda where I'm at w/ PSNow. As they start adding PS4 titles, if I ever get the itch to play any of the Sony properties I wouldn't mind trying it for a month occasionally.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Titanfall 2 now available on EA / Origin Access just as the free horde mode DLC launches.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's really nice, just not doing a lot of console gaming at the moment. Really like how you can just pin entire games as a section. Will have to tinker with it some more.

spronk

FPS noob
step 1: build a powerful $499 console, xbox one X
step 2: build a great UI
step 3: make a ton of exclusive xbox one games
step 4: ???
step 5: victory

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's really nice, just not doing a lot of console gaming at the moment. Really like how you can just pin entire games as a section. Will have to tinker with it some more.

I know the feeling - I guess I used to put all of my "work" energy into gaming before myself - now that I'm working again, I've completely stopped console gaming - and don't even do much on PC. (Some of the online CCGs is about it)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I prefer the streamlined no hassle UI of the PS4. Now with folders it's easy to use, navigate, and I am not peppered with pointless ads.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's pretty obvious that end user usability is not their primary concern, It's pushing their shit to the front.

I don't know if this will be worse than the current Xbox one UI since it is atrocious right now, but it doesn't look like it is going to be all that improved even if it is better

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's why I love the PS4 UI. I go to a folder, click the game, and that's it. It's simple, and works. And not all crapped up with garbage. They should go b ack to the blade UI they had with the original 360. Easy to use, not confusing, worked slick, and we knew where shit was.

Every time I turn on my X1, which isn't much these days, I quiver when looking at the UI and the clunkiness of the thing.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's why I love the PS4 UI. I go to a folder, click the game, and that's it. It's simple, and works. And not all crapped up with garbage. They should go b ack to the blade UI they had with the original 360. Easy to use, not confusing, worked slick, and we knew where shit was.

Every time I turn on my X1, which isn't much these days, I quiver when looking at the UI and the clunkiness of the thing.
But if you had control of what was displayed how would they push Grindr or Mixer or whatever the fuck they want you to use?

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep it's ridiculous and what MS always does. Sony does it best. Give some applications, let the customer download them if they wish, or integrate a few in and place it in a separate drop down not forcing anything on anyone.

Szlia

On the PS4 UI the Store is linked in about 25 different places though. I guess it's a minor offense, but still...

• 1Like