The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thanks, I'll give them a look! I don't suppose you know how the backward compatibility works do you? Do I just put in a compatible 360 game and it'll run it?

For compatible games, the disc is a license to download and install a version of it that works on the console, iirc.

Two of the better values in gaming are:

Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Game Pass | Xbox (includes a number of the games mentioned in prior posts)
EA Access - EA Access - play EA's best games for Xbox One - EA Official Site (not just sports)

YMMV, depends on what you want to play, but access to 150+ games for $15 or less / mo is hard to beat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thanks, I'll give them a look! I don't suppose you know how the backward compatibility works do you? Do I just put in a compatible 360 game and it'll run it?

Yep just throw the disc it and it will download to your hard drive. Than your good to go.

I’d recommend Dead Space BC because I’m full of bias for that game. The butthurt is still real years later that EA killed that work of art .

Gamepass is cool for the free month.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So there goes thatResident Evil 2 remake discount.
re2.png

I can't find any example of that new policy actually being enforced yet.

RE2 is something I'll just get from GameFly anyway and if I feel like replaying Shenmue 1&2 I'll get it on PC, but I pre-ordered Vesperia for PS4 just to see what happens. There's no way they can change the price [upward] once an order is placed, but it will be interesting to see if at some point new orders don't get the -20%. I'll probably end up cancelling it and just get it from GameFly too though. Sadly PC not an option so long as Namco insists on shitting up all their games with Denuvo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 169514
I can't find any example of that new policy actually being enforced yet.

RE2 is something I'll just get from GameFly anyway and if I feel like replaying Shenmue 1&2 I'll get it on PC, but I pre-ordered Vesperia for PS4 just to see what happens. There's no way they can change the price [upward] once an order is placed, but it will be interesting to see if at some point new orders don't get the -20%. I'll probably end up cancelling it and just get it from GameFly too though. Sadly PC not an option so long as Namco insists on shitting up all their games with Denuvo.

This is why we need competition. GCU ending and now quite possibly Prime in the future.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vorph

Yeah, it's definitely a stupid and rather arbitrary change if/when it goes into effect.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Xbox Game Pass additions/news:
  • Rocket League added today, getting One X enhancements later this year. Cross-platform progression on Xbox, Switch and PC
  • Bomber Crew released today
  • Warhammer: Vermintide II out 7/13

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You guys think Sony will cave on cross play? Sure would be nice to play games with my retarded friends that only have Xboners.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would tell the retard friends they're just not working out, they're like girlfriends who put TP rolls on the wrong way. Some shit you just can't overlook.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I would tell the retard friends they're just not working out, they're like girlfriends who put TP rolls on the wrong way. Some shit you just can't overlook.

Oh I talk mad shit all the time, especially on how little I pay for the same games on steam AND get mouse and keyboard support.

Finally converted one to PC/PS4 Pro. He was blown away by 4k HZD.

Vorph

Seems kind of pointless when it excludes 4K blu-rays (i.e. the only reason to own a Xbone) and it sounds like they have no plans on using it in games (not surprising since DV licensing is ridiculous and people probably couldn't tell the difference between HDR10 and DV in a game anyway). Any TV with Dolby Vision should already have support for it in the built-in streaming apps and I've yet to see any reason to use console Netflix/Prime/etc. over my Roku TV apps. And Plex even more so, since the Roku Plex app has none of the retarded restrictions that the one on PS4/Xbone does.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Seems kind of pointless when it excludes 4K blu-rays (i.e. the only reason to own a Xbone) and it sounds like they have no plans on using it in games (not surprising since DV licensing is ridiculous and people probably couldn't tell the difference between HDR10 and DV in a game anyway). Any TV with Dolby Vision should already have support for it in the built-in streaming apps and I've yet to see any reason to use console Netflix/Prime/etc. over my Roku TV apps. And Plex even more so, since the Roku Plex app has none of the retarded restrictions that the one on PS4/Xbone does.

All the articles about it just say Netflix is the only updated app for testers, haven't really seen anything suggest that will be the extent of the implementation.

I tend to stick to the native tv apps myself before we got a Fire Cube.

Vorph

Personally I think DV should be ignored by manufacturers anyway. HDR10+ is equal/better, still free like regular HDR10, it's got Samsung and Panasonic behind it. Hardware manufacturers would have to be insane to let Dolby win this war with their proprietary bullshit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Possible Uncharted movie starring Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake? FUCK YEAH

Comic Con is next week, could be teased before it starts on monday

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Personally I think DV should be ignored by manufacturers anyway. HDR10+ is equal/better, still free like regular HDR10, it's got Samsung and Panasonic behind it. Hardware manufacturers would have to be insane to let Dolby win this war with their proprietary bullshit.
As someone with an LG tv with Dolby Vision please to be fucking right off.

• 2Like