The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still can't decide if I should be excited about or completely dreading a Demon's Souls remaster. There's a handful of things I would like to see updated, #1 being lizards that respawn until killed instead of completely ruining a playthrough if you botch one that drops a certain material you need (and either make one of the World 3 ones always drop a Pure Moonlightstone, or add that material onto something else that can be farmed). Other than that, maybe a small increase to Pure Bladestone drop rate (SSD load times alone will make the grind for those much more bearable), and some minor adjustments to how online world tendency works, all they really need to do is add higher res textures, a FaceGen replacement that doesn't have sliders that go from 'Herp' to 'Derp', and lock the framerate to 60. From Soft are a bunch of meddlers though, and I fear they will "fix" lots of other shit that ain't broken.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My experience trying to sell this PS4 Pro has been annoying as fuck. It's easily the most visited and replied to ad I've done (and I've done a dozen just the past month alone) and there hasn't been a single serious interested party. It's either a huge low baller or some asshole trying to trade me something, and this is with the ad stating I have no interest in either.

Crone

My experience trying to sell this PS4 Pro has been annoying as fuck. It's easily the most visited and replied to ad I've done (and I've done a dozen just the past month alone) and there hasn't been a single serious interested party. It's either a huge low baller or some asshole trying to trade me something, and this is with the ad stating I have no interest in either.
Sounds about right, for a brief week, I tried selling off my Vizio 70" TV, and it still sells in stores for $700-800, has the benefit of being bigger than 65" so it typically will catch at least a small premium, and the wife listed it for $400, and then $300, and the only person that messaged us was someone that wanted to buy it for $200. Maybe I'm an electronics hoarder, but I'd rather keep shit, similar to how I keep computer parts, than sell it for near nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I mean it could. The concept wasn’t bad or anything, just the execution. Fighting itself was alright too, the story was just way too short and linear and exploring was pretty much pointless so the world felt completely lifeless. I honestly don’t remember much of the story besides werewolves and vampires, so maybe it was bad.

So yeah, it will probably suck.
It's biggest deficiency to me was introducing interesting weapons, giving you just a few minutes or a level to use them and providing no mechanism (challenge levels, other game modes) to use them again. Game felt incomplete as a result. I remember being disappointed with the werewolf fights or something too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sounds about right, for a brief week, I tried selling off my Vizio 70" TV, and it still sells in stores for $700-800, has the benefit of being bigger than 65" so it typically will catch at least a small premium, and the wife listed it for $400, and then $300, and the only person that messaged us was someone that wanted to buy it for $200. Maybe I'm an electronics hoarder, but I'd rather keep shit, similar to how I keep computer parts, than sell it for near nothing.
I sell a lot of guitars and amps. It's insane. The worst was always meeting someone with a deal in place and they go sorry man I only have (75%) on me, but we good right?

I'd buy your tv if you were closer hah

Crone

I sell a lot of guitars and amps. It's insane. The worst was always meeting someone with a deal in place and they go sorry man I only have (75%) on me, but we good right?

I'd buy your tv if you were closer hah
I hadn't realized she had dropped it to $300! I was pissed! If she had actually sold it for that much, I'd be kind of mad, because it could easily be a kids TV or something. I'm also going to still try and "junk it out" via the Best Buy process of calling Geek Squad, having them come out, do shit with it, and I'm sure they'll try and fix it, then I'll just report issues again with it. Eventually they'll just take it back in store, and I'll get store credit or something for it. Maybe this will be my Ps5 money? OHhhhh dammmnnn great plan!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bioshock the Collection (All remastered) for PS Plus in Feb.

I never got into 2. I will try it again now from my couch :)

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bioshock the Collection (All remastered) for PS Plus in Feb.

I never got into 2. I will try it again now from my couch :)

1 & 2 were great, 3 if it's what I'm remembering I hated. Goes from underwater rapture land to what felt like a steampunk 1930's?

Mowing shit down as a big daddy in 2 is always a good time.

• 1Like

Vorph

Still haven't played The Order... I'm kind of amazed they never made it a PS+ game.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
just bought my kiddos an xbox for lunar new year, been playing some CoD on it. Im rusty as fuck with a console, been sooo long since I played one. I like the campaign even though im struggling in MP

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Let the haters hate. Order 1886 was a good game (for the $5 I paid for it on a PSN sale back in 2015). It's worth 1 playthrough
I also paid 5 bucks for it and it was cool enough. Would have been nicer if it was 60fps+.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
For $4.99 I enjoyed The Order 1886 quite a bit. Thought it was a solid game, with a great atmosphere/time period.