The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
just rumors so ymmv and all that but allegedly specs for XSEX and PS5 are locked down and this is how they compare

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

PS5 with the slight edge is a bit surprising, Microsoft has been really pleased about being "the worlds most powerful console" and losing that seems like something they would not be cool with.

Either way about twice as powerful as Xbox X and almost three times as much as PS4 Pro, and the difference is pretty trivial and nobody will be really able to tell. So it'll all boil down to first party games and if GamePass is more attractive than PS+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As long as they can handle 4K60 for the whole generation that's fine. 4K120 is a pipe dream for another few years.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Insane. XboneX down to $199

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I’ll be getting both since I have ultimate game pass until 2022. However, ps5 will come first and I may be holding off on series x for a bit unless they show games taking advantage of the specs, but also with that, good 1st party. Ps5 will have that automatically.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ll be getting both since I have ultimate game pass until 2022. However, ps5 will come first and I may be holding off on series x for a bit unless they show games taking advantage of the specs, but also with that, good 1st party. Ps5 will have that automatically.
Same for me. Even though there's definitely a reason to like Xbox sex with gamepass and some good hardware, if you are getting only one console it should be PS5 for all of the exclusives unless Sony shits the bed with the hardware.

I dislike MS and Sony playing chicken with the price tag though, they are both just waiting to see what the price of the other is.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I hope that 1) PS5 has Atmos capability and they license it. 2) Both leverage Dolby Vision from the player itself. :) If that was the case the only thing holding me into purchasing a seriex X at some point would be the gamepass sub until 2022 - MS was smart in that regard with that promotion and conversion :)